A good value for money scent, well Eau de Toilette. Even better when on offer and free delivery too.

So much scent 50ml for so little price.

The bottle would not look out of place in any high class department store, it looks expensive along with looking classy.

It comes in a sealed cellophaned box, like other expensive perfumes do but at a fraction of the cost.

The scent that hits you first is the deep berry one then the base notes of vanilla, not a girlie flowery light aroma but a deeper more grown up smell. If you like headier scents this one is ideal, thinking more like long lasting scents that have depth to them.

I had never even heard of this make before in Eau de Toilette but thought I would give it a try out and so glad I did.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2012
Ambre De Cabochard 50ml - I would definitely recommend this perfume, words can't describe how nice it is and every so often I get a woft of the prettiest aroma. Honestly it's really nice, well worth the money which is not a lot and why I will purchase another one even before this has finished.
By the way thanks again Amazon for delivering super fast and in mint condition.
Cabochard Ambre De Cabochard Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 50ml
Parfums Gres is a highly respected Parisian fragrance house so I knew this would not disappoint.

Smelling similar to the much pricier Opium, this has an initial warm, spicy scent which lingers well and settles to a musky, vanilla base note. It's very pleasant, smells much more expensive than it is, and comes in a beautiful bottle with a little perspex bow at the neck. Nobody would believe you if you told them the price. It would make an excellent gift for anyone whole likes oriental or spicy scents such as Ysatis, Opium, Samsara or Paloma Picasso. Maybe a bit heavy for a summer's day, but good for an evening or Autumn/Winter use.

Definitely a great buy which I will be replacing when this one runs out.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2012
Took a chance on this purchase from the discription given, sooo glad I did, its a very warm powdery sexy perfume my favourite being coco chanel and agent provocature, this now will sit alongside them! Good value for money and arived in good time, its a good purchase!!!
on 14 December 2012
Nice to get this perfume as I liked the brand in the 80's. The perfume doesn't last long though, but it's very reasonably priced. Not as nice a smell as I remember.. but it's a good everyday perfume. NB - The stopper was fitted on SO tightly when it arrived, and the sides of the little silver bow got broken off when I was grappling with the stopper, in my attempt to open it:) - so I'd like to warn people to be careful opening it!
on 5 October 2012
Previously bought this perfume in an end of line sale last year and loved it so was delighted to find it on Amazon. It's spicy but soft-just lovely. If you like a warm spicy perfume then buy this it's such great value and just right for autumn/winter. Would definitely recommend!
on 22 April 2013
I have always liked Gres Cabochard - the original is quite leathery, this one is slightly softer - more 'fruity' but not too overwhelming.................and can be used as a day scent, as it is very easy on the nose........still nice and spicy but delicate and has a few hidden notes of 'clean' air fragrance - and a great price too.
on 30 November 2012
This perfume has a good smell. Yesterday, while at very close quarters with a young woman looking at my eyes for glasses, she complemented me on smelling nice. The smell is not too sweet. I would not say it has a bewitching smell but one that is good to use every morning to help one feel happy.
on 14 November 2013
I ordered this, just because of the reviews!

I don't normally choose perfume without smelling it first, but I thought I would go ahead, as the price was great!

Well, I've just received my perfume, and I'm pleasantly surprised!!! It's a very deep smelling perfume, but I think it would be fine for day time use, as well as night time use.

I've sprayed some onto myself, so now I will see how long the perfume lasts!

I can't compare it to anything else, as I haven't had any perfume that smelt like this before, as I normally go for fruity, spa like fragrances, but I'm happy I bought this one.
on 28 November 2012
This perfume is really lovely - starts off quite strong, but quickly wears off, so needs reapplying within the hour really. It wears like a cheaper, Coty-type product. However, at less than £10 that's not too bad. It has a high quality fragrance and very high-end bottle that looks gorgeous on your dressing table. Overall, I would recommend, but wouldn't buy again, just because of the failure to last. It arrived extremely quickly and well packaged.