Colour: whiteChange

on 25 January 2011
I was not to sure what to expect from these, but when they arrived, to work, they were of a very good standard, the tops look a little fake, but only if you examine them, the light it gives off is very convincing, and they are remote controlled, I can't get over how much that makes me smile, I mean, Remote controlled candles! What a decadent age we live in.

I got these as I like the light that a candle gives off, but am always forgetting to blow them out and often jump out of bed just as I am dozing off as I suddenly remember I have left the candles burning.
But with these that doesn't matter, they have a timer so even if you forget to turn them off that will kick in, and even if you forget to set it, worse that can happen in they stay on all night and slowly running down the batteries (very slowly, have had these since December and have been used most nights for about 4-5 hours per night and the batteries are still powering on).

My colleagues at work all want some now, as, they all thought that they were so cheesy and weird... but after playing around with them they all now want a set.

I will say these are not good for central table displays as you really start to notice the fact that they are not real, as like I said the tops are a little too moulded, but are perfect for corners or like me to place on high shelves to give a little atmosphere whilst watching movies, without the worry of soot/burn mark on the ceiling.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2012
I visited a friend who'd been given a set of these, and they weren't switched on, and she approached one, switched it on whilst standing in front of it so I couldn't see (I thought she'd lit it!) and then she proceeded to control it using gestures with her hands like a magician - LOL! I was fooled!! I wasn't close enough to see that it wasn't a real candle! : - ) Having said the funny side; these candles are simply DELIGHTFUL!

First of all; I LOVE candles - but never bother buying them... (except perhaps at Christmas) I wouldn't have thought I'd have been the least interested in anything like battery candles until I saw these (just the thought of electronic candles made me `cringe'...) but these are seriously good!!

I was sold on these as I said when I visited my friend, but it didn't stop my reading all the Reviews, (and there are many!) but apart from a few who seem to have received faulty or damaged batches - which is a shame, they seem to get a pretty good feedback overall.

I received mine yesterday - they arrived extremely well-packed and protected, came complete with all the batteries you required! (two in each candle - and in the Remote) Simple and easy to follow Instruction Sheet, and I'm absolutely thrilled! The candles are really `waxy' and convincing, and even had a bit of a waxy aroma!

I can recommended these for anyone who gets stressed out, or needs to relax. I suggest you place them around the room in darkness (not too big a room) with a couch or bed, and then once lying down, switch on each candle using the Remote Control. I found to really appreciate the glow, it's best NOT to switch the candles on BEFORE turning off the main light - be sure to switch candles on AFTER having darkened the room where possible. I use the `flicker' setting, and they really, really are SO relaxing... After about thirty minutes or so, I felt I'd been asleep (yet hadn't) and felt really unwound and refreshed. If you prefer of course, you could use the `constant' setting, but I did find the flicker much more soothing for me. There's also a Timer setting control choice of between four or eight hours - pretty nifty!

Can't fault these at all - extremely well-made! At this price - a great and real bargain! I mean think of the price of all those batteries alone that come supplied...

Only had them a day - and already wouldn't part with mine for the world!

on 29 August 2014
I chose this particular item because all the other flameless candles of a similar price were vanilla scented and I'm not a lover of vanilla. When they arrived, sure enough they turned out to be vanilla scented but I've still given them 5 stars because the smell is so faint it's only noticeable if I actually hold one of the candles to my nose. If they had been described as vanilla scented I think there would probably have been a lot of complaints about the lack of fragrance!

Apart from that, they work like a dream. Considering how affordable they are, they look more realistic than I expected and the remote control works well, allowing you to switch them on and off, between flickering and steady, change the brightness level or set them to turn off automatically after 4 or 8 hours. Added to the fact that they come complete with batteries I reckon they're pretty much a bargain.
on 1 September 2015
I got these to replace my other fake candles (now moved to another room). I was specifically looking for some which have a steady light, because I find the fake candle 'flicker' too distracting. These work well from that point of view. And you can set them to bright or dim light. I quite like the dim light to give a presence in the room and compliment other lights. I hasten to add, I don't use these in the living room - like other candles of this nature, they do just look a little too fake for grown-up land. These candles do have a lovely whiff of vanilla about them - it's not as prominent as the other fake candles I have, but still very pleasant. I'm guessing the smell won't last that long.

You have a number of options with the remote. You can turn the lights on/off, select steady light (dim or bright), select flickering candle more, and select timer mode. The timer allows you to turn the candles on for 4 or 8 hours. It appears that you can only select timer mode with flickering candles, not steady light.

Having said that these fulfil the function I bought them for, here are 3 things you need to watch out for if you're considering buying them:

1. The 'flickering' candle mode is crazazy yo. It's not at all restful like a flickering candle. It's more like being in Berlin nightclub at 4am (You guys know what I'm talking about, right?)

2. That 4 or 8 hour timer only seems to work in flickering mode, not steady light mode. Shame. I use these in the bedroom, and it would be nice to be able to drift off to sleep with some soft light, knowing that I'm not going to drain the batteries.

3. All the electronic candles I've seen, including these, are no *real* substitute for actual candles and the beautiful light they produce. So, bear that one in mind. If you're really wanting to get romantic, I wouldn't use electronic candles. The overwhelming advantage of any candles of this nature are that they are safe and can be placed anywhere, and you don't need to get out of bed to turn them off!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
these are great and last for ages on one set of batteries . the remote works well . the sky remote also operates these candles
on 23 September 2013
The delivery & packaging was extremely good. The candles were attractive & realistic. But the remote control is absolutely useless & it ceased functioning in a couple of days - perhaps the company would be good enough to replace our remote.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2015
This set of three Real Wax Flameless candles came very well packaged ,each candle was individually protected and covered in clear cellophane
On removing the cellophane I could smell vanilla
The candles are ivory in colour and stand 4 inch ,5 inch and 6 inch high with a diameter of 3 inch
Each candle comes with batteries included 2 x AAA In each ,just switch to ON and the candles
light up
The Remote Control can turn the candles on or off, give a flickering or constant effect,adjust the brightness and set a timer for 4 OR 8 hours and work within a range of 20 feet
I really like these ,they give a great decorative effect and are safe can be used in Christmas displays with no fear of flames
Highly recommended and a great price
I received these candles in exchange for a review
review image review image
on 18 June 2010
The candles were perfect for what we wanted as we had 2 large hurricane lamps with large glass shades and with the remote control feature lets us switch on the candles without having to remove the glass shades exellent price as the same product is up to £12 more expensive from other sellers.
on 12 December 2014
Don't bother buying these candles. It kills your batteries, wether you have the candle on or not. I have only used the candle once for 5 minutes and already gone through 16 batteries!!!

The first time i turned it on, i flicked the switch on from the bottom of the candle and used the remote to turn the candle off after 5 minutes.

Anout a month later i tried to turn the candle on via the remote, did not work, so i changed the remote battery and tried and still no luck. It turned out the batteries in the candle had died, So i replaced them and it worked. I didn't keep the candle on, i turned it off (again via the remote).

You guessed it couple months later, candle didn't work. I am putting in brand new Duracell batteries, and the batteries are in date. This time i replaced them and turned the switch off at the bottom of the candle, but i have already gone through 16 batteries. Not sure if the candle will drain the batteries even with the main candle switch off.

Btw this is happening to all 3 of the candles.
on 13 October 2015
i keep ordering ... as THEY ARE BRILLIANT ...

so many people wrote that the product isn't as great BUT they must have been unfortunate , as i was very careful after reading so many negative reviews...just ordered one set -- after that set arrived and was a success I ordered another 2 sets... as they were equally good and reliable , i just ordered another 4 sets.... :)

THEY ARE RELIABLE... and THEY LOOK GREAT.. especially when placed where guests are not too close to see that they are "fake"... i have real candles in chandeliers burning and these sets in the backdrop.... it works very well - and is so easy to use... the remote controls work all the same.. and as i ordered now so many sets i have loads of controls as spares, as they all work on all the sets...

BRILLIANT VALUE FOR MONEY and no danger of setting the house on fire! i even use them outside in the garden (obviously not when it is raining!)