on 1 June 2010
The fire engine didn't exactly fit well together and the steering wheel rod had no pre-drilled holes in it to attach the white hook, which fixes it to the vehicle body. We had to drill our own and hope that we didn't crack the pastic.
We already have the Little Tikes police car which the children love. We expected the same quality and size from the fire engine. However, although it says that it is for children up to age 5, my four year old grandson who is not a very big child, struggled to get into it.
There is no door and he had to climb in. Each time he was left with his left leg outside the vehicle and no way of getting his foot in. We had to show him that he must climb in and remain standing until both legs are inside and then he can sit down. I would imagine the problem is no different for a younger child because it would entail a fair bit of climbing either way. Definitely a disappointment.
Still having said all this, my grandson loves it and when the better weather comes, will love the water tank and the hose. As I am a registered childminder, I have no doubt it will get a lot of use one way or another.
on 14 December 2011
Bought this for my Grandson for Xmas. Fortunately I decided to put it together well before Xmas and within the return period as there were 2 parts missing. Easy to order a replacement + return original. Toy looks good but as it won't be used until Xmas can't yet say for certain.
on 28 August 2010
I bought it as a gift for my nephew and he was very happy, especially because he loves plaing with water. Alot of fun, a lot of laughter :)
on 5 June 2014
Great service from amazon but tiny tikes product a real let down. Assembly parts missing, a part left over with no instruction for it, a real nightmare to put together once together not a great set up steering wheel doesn't turn, no door on car child has to climb over and water leaks would not recommend.
on 29 January 2015
The product was very hard to put together and the instructions were confusing as with all other little tikes products. My little boy loved this but it very hard to steer and would be better if it had a door. I brought this on sale at £50 and would pay no more than that. Very fast delivery from the seller.
on 17 November 2013
Bought this for my nephew last Christmas; he loves it. The only problem is the arguments over whose turn it is to ride in it.
Much cheaper on amazon than other retailers at the time inc free delivery.
on 1 October 2013
Great sturdy toy for twins 1st birthday.Only negative is the assembly which in the end I went to the website to enable me to finish the truck.
on 24 June 2013
The vehicle is as expected of Tiny Tykes, robust and entertaining, great value for money.
However, this is the 3rd vehicle I have bought (each for a different grandchild) and found myself, yet again, having to drill holes for the screws in a couple of pieces as they had not been pre-drilled a most of the screw holds had. Found myself estimating where they should be and luckily getting it right.
If they only got that bit right there would be no negatives about these vehicles.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2013
Wonderful fun for all under 5 year olds. Not the easiest toy to assemble, hammer needed at times to ensure pieces fitted together
on 17 January 2013
We bought this for my 2 year old son for Christmas and he loves it. Putting it together wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and the instructions were easy to follow. It's hard wearing and looks very cute. Little Tikes cars last for ages and as I bought them for my older sons knew how good they were. 10 out of 10
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse