1,469
Colour: Red|Change
Price:£48.82+ £3.95 shipping

on 9 May 2011
I've owned this kettle for 1 year and it has started to leak water from the level indicator onto the counter where the kettle is placed. Over the past week the leak has got worse so I have had to stop using the kettle. It's really ridiculous that a kettle should be designed in such a way that it can leak water onto the counter which it is placed. Not good enough.
1010 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2011
I had this kettle as a wedding present in addition to the toaster. It does the job - boils water! It's quite heavy which isn't a problem for me but might be for some.

But after 6 months it stopped working. I had a new one from Morphy Richards and excellent customer service so that isn't my problem with the kettle.

My complaint is after around a year, the stainless steel parts look terrible, patchy with bits of rust here and there. Also the plastic by water guage/under the water guage has warped and looks awful too. I'm ashamed to have it in my kitchen now - it's predecessor from the tesco value range still looked like new after 5 years but this, which cost £[..] and was a wedding present, looks awful! I wouldn't recommend or buy again. The toaster is in the same state too!
on 25 August 2010
Absolutely love this kettle. It looks so fab, and boils really fast. The only down side is the water level indicator which makes it quite difficult to see the amount of water in the kettle. With reference to the review which said the water in their kettle had a plasticky taste; we've had no trouble whatsoever with ours.
on 2 June 2011
We've had this kettle for some time now, and we have split opinions. My wife loves the design, personally I'm not that fussed. However, in everyday use I constantly found it annoying. If you try to pour as soon as it switches off, the spout design combined with bubbling water has a tendency to spray the contents everywhere - maybe I'm just too impatient? The external water level gauge has also proved temperamental, it appears to have an airlock that can only be removed with a good shake. Longevity wasn't as expected, the edges of the enamelled surfaces began to rust alarmingly quickly. I'm relieved to say the element has just blown, and so I'll be going back to a regular jug design.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2012
First the plus points: it looks funky, and it boils water. However, the major drawbacks are that it is a terrible pourer, often spluttering causing spills, and it is difficult to pour without scolding yourself. It is noisy. The filling guage is slow to register and difficult to read. I would not buy another. Delivery from Amazon, as ever, was excellent.
on 18 November 2010
Excellent kettle. Works well & doesn't leak - so far.
No sign of any bad tastes or other nasties.
on 23 August 2010
I have never reviewed anything in this way before but having spent a lot of money on appalling kettles in recent times and a few hours of my life researching before this purchase I wanted to share the fact that this is the best kettle I have ever owned. It is easy to fill, boils quickly, low maintainance and looks gorgeous. What more do you want? I am astounded there are so few well reviewed products out there, and a bit confused by the poor reviews for the Morphy Richard Retro Kettle that looks identical to this one in the pictures....but this one is fantastic.
on 6 September 2012
I can't be the only person who has bought this kettle primarily for its looks, indeed every advert I have seen for this item is based on its appearance but what all of them are missing is the phrase "as long as you don't actually want to use it". After just a few weeks use it is covered in scratches and chips and there is also rust appearing around the rim. The kettle is not treated roughly in any way and I do not feel that it is unreasonable to expect a kettle to not get damaged by the simple act of filling it with water, nor do I expect the rim to rust when it is made of stainless steel.

The lid is very difficult to remove and it is extremely noisy.

If you want something to use it as an ornament then by all means buy it, but if you want a kettle than can actually be used as a functioning item then look elsewhere.

I am very disappointed with the shabby quality of the finish on this kettle and would never buy another.
66 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This kettle is inspired by the Alessi kettle of the 1980s and hints of Art Deco. The translucent metallic red is wonderful and brightens up the kitchen during bleary eyed breakfasts. It is filled through the spout and it pours without dribbles spoiling the immaculate finish. The only down point is the noise it creates as it is coming to the boil; it's quite loud and sounds as though it's heating up when empty! It's collected a small amount of limescale around the lid that was easily removed with lemon juice. The finish is lasting well although there has been a slight colour change on the side of the kettle that faces the window where it sits in the early morning sun (so what sun was that in the summer of 2012?)
on 24 September 2010
I purchased this kettle, and find it quite good, but very noisy when boiling, although it does boil very quickly. A bit on the heavy side, especially for an older person. I liked the good looks and the quality, and thought it good value for money.