on 31 January 2013
These cables look good at first glance. But the use of cheap components is revealed once you open up the ends. The cable is basic, with simple screening. The plugs have a rough feel to them and they look flimsy. I ordered two; one jack fitted into my amp smoothly, the other was a very tight fit. So quality control is not at its best here. Having said all that, they are adequate and, at the price, fairly good value for money. The description 'High Quality' I'd suggest is misleading. I'm using these for a home karaoke outfit. If your requirements demand something rugged and reliable I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
on 17 October 2011
Contrary to other reviews you may find on this cable, I can confirm that it is a standard Jack to XLR cable that will fit all jack and XLR sockets - High quality connectors and a decent solder joint and shield.
on 12 October 2014
I bought a Behringer XM8500, and needed a cord for the mic to hook it up to my modulator. This thing is very long, so it might be a bit too long if you're using it for anything desk-related, but it feels fairly well made and hooked-up to everything as easy as pie. Sound quality doesn't seem to have been affected, either, and this is really not expensive at all, so unless you're looking for a really amazing, class-leading product, I'd recommend this.
on 20 January 2012
This is a quality replacement lead. For the money it's excellent quality and it easily links your microphone (XLR) connection to a 1/2 inch jack. I recommend it.
on 9 May 2014
Great value cable... but trust the image over the description. It's XLR to Phone Plug i.e. ¼ inch jack (not "phono" aka RCA connector).
on 15 July 2015
This was suggested to me by amazon when I bought the audix fireball v dynamic microphone and bought it thinking that if it had been suggested to buy together it would be appropriate to use together but no......... it didn't fit...!!!!! So silly...! had to buy another cable and this one is just buried somewhere in the drawer... what a waste of everything...! :(
on 18 September 2014
I use this for mics for drums and its fine. There are some reviews that talk about it being flimsy or poorly fitting but not so with mine. I have had it a month and it has taken a bit of use in my home and on stage. So, for the price, this seems adequate for my needs. If I was seeking super recording quality of a gentle harp playing or the like, I might be prepared to invest more, although at this point in time, I see no reason.
on 10 April 2013
I'm onto my third set of cables and these are by far the best quality while still at unbeatable value. All you need for something that gets pulled apart and stood on the drunker and more confident the budding kareoke / X factor singers become.
on 25 January 2016
Not much to say.....it's 6m long and works fine with my mic.....which happens to be the 2 things I needs it for. Stagg knock out some good stuff and some total rubbish in terms of instruments. With leads they have been 100% reliable for me and they are a good price
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 February 2015
Another review here on Amazon says these are a bit shoddy and rough. Mine are not and I have just installed in an Allen & Heath mixing desk and they are fine. Better quality than my previous 'high end' cables which cost a fortune and lasted a year!