Size: 15mlChange

on 4 December 2012
I bought this for Nostalgia, my mum always had this on her dresser along with Youth Dew, i was allowed to dab this on for School, but not the Youth Dew.

Has invoked some lovely memories.

I believe a dupe for Chanel no 5, it;s not a scent i would wear often, but now and then for Nostalgia, it;s an underated Classic and should not be reserved for the over 90's, with the swarm of candy celebrity fodder filling the shelves, this little gem remains hidden, A mature Classic.

Yes, legend has it that this was made to the same recipe as Chanel No. 5, and deliberately under-priced so that people would forget all about Chanel. But, the exact opposite happened: although L'Aimant was very successful, it also succeeded in increasing the demand for Chanel No. 5, the real luxury perfume -- a curious scenario in which the competition ends up actually helping your sales. So, although she was furious with Francois Coty, (a one time pal), Coco Chanel ended up laughing, all the way to the bank, literally!
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2011
Bought this as a gift for my mother,she prefers it to any of Laimant's sprays as it is slightly more subtle and the cream rubs into the skin to give a longer lasting smell. It is excellent value too.
on 15 May 2011
My children always bought this for me when they were little . Now, my daughters are in their early 40`s and were both delighted to receive this on their recent birthdays, bringing back some happy memories ! Good service as always, arrived on time .
on 10 January 2013
I confess to having always loved Coty L'Aimant and despite occasional brief forays into other fragrances over the years, I have always returned to L'Aimant. It has become 'my' perfume.

Alas, L'Aimant is no longer created to Coty's much-loved original 1920s recipe. The current L'Aimant incarnation seems brasher and more 'synthetic' than the enchanting fragrance with which I first fell in love. (Compare the modern version with a sample of vintage L'Aimant and you will be amazed by the difference!)

Fortunately, the long-lasting Creamy Skin Perfume is closer to the subtle, delicious and romantic original L'Aimant fragrance than anything else in the current range, so I buy it for every day wear, whilst saving my tiny, precious stock of original L'Aimant perfume for very special occasions!
on 11 August 2013
This is one of the few perfumes which has stood the test of time - it's the first "French" perfume I ever used as a teenager (although the term "teenager" had not been invented at that time!) and it's every bit as glamorous as I remember. Being a cream perfume it's easy to carry in my bag, and it just spreads on my skin, leaving a subtle fragrance. Wish more perfumiers would offer the cream option.
on 31 December 2011
This is my mother's favourite perfume she wore it many many years ago, I live in the republic of Ireland amd could not get this in any store, thankfully my brother lives in northern Ireland and I was able to ship to him, my mother was delighted on Christmas morning, I think it makes me the favourite!
on 21 January 2013
What can I say - The real thing and half the price than the shops also it came very quickly.
Well Done
on 13 January 2013
recommend this .a all round favouret old and young my grandaughter has orderd some 16 year old [brougth this for the wife as some perfumes are overpriced etc
on 15 November 2010
I hadnt used this perfume for a very long time , my children always used to buy it for me at Christmas when they were little and so I couldnt resist buying it . My daughters instantly recognised the scent, they are now over 40 years old !
on 27 October 2013
This little bottle contains a cream perfume, and I really do like the smell. Some perfumes you can't smell on yourself, but not this one. It's been going donkey's years but still worth trying.