on 25 March 2012
The reason for purchasing these was that we were on our 3rd set of Tefal saucepans in about 7 years. These have a lifetime guarantee so I figured whilst they are expensive, I only have to buy once. These are used on a gas hob, then shoved in the dishwasher. This has been their pattern of use for about 4 years in a family kitchen. After that time the only sign of wear is a residue on the rivets. Whatever they have had burned onto them, they come out of the dishwasher spotless, so if you have a dishwasher these are the ones to go for. I would have no hesitation in buying again, but as they have a lifetime guarantee I don't have to.
55 comments43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2011
Everything about these saucepans exudes quality, from the design through to the choice of materials, fit, ergonomics of the handles, and lids.
The lids won't retain water in the inside lip as most conventional lids do when used in a dishwasher. the handles on both the lids and the saucepans are riveted, made to last a lifetime. I purchased mine because of a hob change and needed saucepans which were suitable for ceramic induction. These saucepans will cook on anything.
I've already ordered an omelette saucepan and a casserole.
The best saucepans in the world? I think so!
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2014
Quality product. Shiny and I like the long handles compared to the Fissler pans. Easily stacked to save cupboard space.
on 11 January 2013
I bought these saucepans as Christmas gift for my daughter,and finally got to see and feel them last week.Only wish they were mine! I love the additional side handle to assist with lifting,and they feel very comfortable to hold.Daughter loves using them and prefers them to her cast iron Le Creuset set -now 25 years old.
on 13 November 2015
Bought these as a gift as I have had a set for many years after they were initially launched at the Good Food Show. I previously had Prestige stainless steel copper bottomed pans which don't even begin to compare. These pans are lighter than the cast iron Le Creuset range though reassuringly weighty. This is a high activity kitchen & the pans are used every day. They are still as good as new. I have over the years had several 'events' which led to a burned pan (my fault!!!) and convinced that the pan was ruined. However after a soak and a scrub the following morning they always come up like new. The gift was for a family member who had grown up with these pans and wanted to use them in their own kitchen.
I'm happy to see that over the years, Le Creuset have added a second handle. Much easier when the pan is full & heavy.
I have read the current reviews as regards using salt & cold water discolouring the surface, but I have to say it is not a fault I have ever experienced, Thoroughly recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2014
love them - used now several times and work beautifully and clean up well too - albeit with a bit of limescale speckles showing after cooking veg in water, but I am in a hard water area - when the recommended special stainless steel cleaner arrives this should clean off - but it isn't a big thing
on 14 February 2012
I purchased these saucepans as I have a new ceramic hob cooker that I can't use my existing saucepans on.

They were well packaged and arrived promptly as is usually the case with anything purchased from Amazon. They cook very well, and on low heat most of the time. There is a 'however' here though - the largest pan (20cm) and the mid pan (18cm) have both become discoloured and marked inside. The smaller of the two, I was advised by Le Creuset to wipe with lemon juice and sure enough the marking disappeared. The largest pan though, appears to be getting worse. I've contacted Le Creuset who want to inspect the pan (I did send them digital images of them). I've stuck RIGIDLY to the recommendations of how to use and clean these pans, going as far as to purchase a new set of cooking utensils also.

Away from this problem though, I think these pans are very good, albeit expensive - and they ARE expensive at £169.00. I hope they last until I die!
22 comments20 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2011
I love Le Creuset as is never fails to deliver on quality. I was really pleased when they brought out this stainless steel set and bought it straight away. It has not failed to impress, the pans are heavy but not too heavy, the handle stays perfectly cool and they stack really neatly in the cupboard. I love cooking with them.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2015
my pans are 10 years old now and still look and behave as good as new. They are used on an induction hob and behave perfectly. Once heated up then the hob can be turned to a low setting and the contents continue to simmer gently, so they are economical with the heat. One inside base has gone a bit bluish but I think I burnt something a long time ago, it behaves perfectly though and dishwash to a lovely finish. They are a considered purchase but will last me the rest of my life, so have been very worth the money. They look good too and I keep mine on a chrome pan stand and would most definitely buy them again
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2014
Plus:
- very well designed, well balanced
- excellent quality
- heavy and stable
- the second handle is extremely useful and large enough
- stainless steel = healthy cooking
- they heat very well and quick
- perfect and very useful dimensions

Minus:
- they do stick. I tried some rice with milk, stirring from time to time and it was sticking to the bottom ... but at least not burning and smoking, so it didn't change the taste.
- they loose their shine inside after some usage
- the price

I would definitely recommend them and I do not regret buying them. I found them to be the basic sauce pans in your kitchen. Even if they stick a bit, you can cook healthy with them and they have for sure a longer life than non-sticking pans that can be scratched easily.