TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 December 2013
As with all Lamaze toys, this is tough and baby proof. It has a large plastic ring for it to be suspended or secured to prevent loss and it clips in well on a baby nest (eg B004T19AZC )

I think this is a great toy with each leg having a different look or feel, a plastic mirror on the belly and a big soft head to cuddle. Unfortunately, my baby disagrees with me and is completely uninterested in it. He has other Lamaze toys in his little clique of toys, but Captain Calamari did not make the final cut and he is an outsider. Maybe in time Cap'n Calamari might warm the cockles of the baby's heart and he might be allowed into the inner sanctum of toys, but at this time he is a castaway.

Despite my baby's disinterest, I would still recommend this as a toy
on 12 September 2010
Quite big size. My 4 month baby likes to hold him in her arms! Nice vibrant colors. Different textures. Sophisticated details, such as the small mirror, very nice surprise :-) Bought it at half price sale so love it even more! Would vote 6 stars if possible.
on 7 October 2013
I bought this for a present for a new born. Its 5 months on and its his favorite present. As I would expect with this make its great quality and provides hours of fun for children. Would def recommend this.
on 25 April 2016
He is an octopus who is also a pirate...this is all you really need to know and if you're not buying him just for this reason alone then you need to sit down and have a long hard look at yourself.

Bought as a gift for sister's new born girl. I didn't want to get her anything too girly and when I saw 'The Captain' I knew I was onto a winner. Not sure what the baby thinks of it as she was asleep, but The Captain is a winner with her parents so really that's all that matters.
on 13 July 2010
Very cute toy and excellent quality. The colours are great. Delivery was as promised and the toys all arrived well packaged
on 15 September 2010
My grandson, Arthur (eight months when I bought it for him, now nine months) and I love this toy. He squeaks with excitement when he sees it. Apart from the crinkly hat, he loves the rattling ball on the end of one of the tentacles, and the two rings on the end of another. I don't think he's paid much attention to the mirror yet. I love him because he just looks so funny!
on 23 June 2016
I have bought this one for our friends boy. As far as I know he loved it. Very nice toy with lovely colors :) I think this is a great toy with each leg having a different look or feel, a plastic mirror on the belly and a big soft head to cuddle. I do recommend this one. Keeps your little ones occupied :)
on 14 January 2016
I bought this for my nephew as a Christmas present. The product arrived in perfrect time. My nephew is only 8 months old and he loves this product. Just like most babies his age he tries to put everything in his mouth. It's easily surviving the slobber attack it comes under every day. It has a nice feel and from the smile on his face I'm guessing he it gets the seal of approval.
on 16 July 2016
My daughter aged 3 months took to this straight away, one of her favourite toys. It primarily lives attached to the car seat but also used on pushchair. I also have the Lamaze monkey which she has attached to her cot, but she doesn't really play with him yet more bats him in morning when looking around her room as she wakes up.
on 17 August 2011
I already had freddie the firefly when my daughter was a baby so when my son arrived I decided to get some more as these lamaze toys are such good quality and full of developmental opportunities. I ordered captain calamari along with sir prancealot and the knot. Of the three this appears to be the one my boy favours- his face lights up when he sees it- though at 4 months his main interest is sucking the knotty legs! I find this toy unusual from the other lamaze toys in that it has a plain plastic rattle attached to one leg- the other toys of this range that I own have rattles but covered in fabric. I like this one- so does my son, he likes to watch the little balls jiggling around inside the ball. the mirror is perfect for peekaboo games and can always elicit as giggle! It is a nice size- though my sons hands are only able to grasp the legs at the moment as he cannot co-ordinate his arms to grab the head yet!

A brilliant toy- highly recommended to anyone!

See one answered question