on 15 August 2012
Last week I had my Achilles Tendon sliced & stretched. My leg was put in an Aircast from toe to knee. I bought this waterproof 'protector' so that I could still shower & bathe. It worked fine for a shower but today I decided to have a bath - the weight of the cast is pulling at my foot (even when lying flat) and a warm bath seemed like the perfect cure to a sore back.

After half an hour my back felt great and I eased myself out of the bath - and saw that the bottom of the 'protector' contained about 4 inches of water. The foam padding in the cast & the surgical sock underneath are now soaked through. Result: a trip to the hospital, a long queue and a new cast

Even though its clearly marked that you can use this to shower AND bath, I'd strongly advise just using it for quick showers
on 19 September 2012
I purchased this as I was having an ankle operation and had to be non weight bearing for 6 weeks.
The protector was a thick plastic and looked sturdy.
I'm afraid that after 7 uses the thin plastic around the top came away and it began to leak water.
Very disappointed that it's not going to last me for 6weeks.
Will be contacting the seller for a refund.
on 19 January 2012
bought the correct item but didnt live up to its reputation after second use it fell to pieces wouldnt buy again
on 19 June 2013
Really good seal. Have been using the protector for the last 4 weeks while my ankle has been in cast. Not experienced any leaking. Definitely a worthwhile purchase
on 2 June 2014
This was sold as a reusable item, but it didn't survive the first use.

I haven't even got a cast, but I had a lower leg wound dressing that I was told not to get wet. After a week without a shower, and a disasterous experiment with some tape and a plastic bag, I bit the bullet and bought this.

It arrived in the post, and I looked forward to having a nice hot shower. It was easy to pull on over my leg and bandage, and I stood up to walk into the bathroom. Immediately I noticed that the latex seal had pulled away from the plastic ring, leaving a large gap, through which water would have been able to get in. While I could have taped it shut, if I wanted to do that, I would have stuck with the plastic bag.

So I sighed, took it off, and had another flannel wash at the sink.
on 13 October 2013
This item is unfit for purpose. The aperture in the seal is ridiculously small for an average leg.It is the same size as the aperture on the short leg protector that I have used successfully. But that only goes to the ankl;e. So they have got their anatomy wrong.
It was far too tight, uncomortable and left a pressure ring on my leg when removed. It was too long to be positioned there but actually gave me pain because of the tightness when I tried to bring it above the knee. My legs are NOT swollen but they are healthily muscled for a small man.
This item probably would not go ove a nheal;thy leg on a young athlete with a plaster cast. Suitable only for limbs with no muscle.
on 31 May 2013
my wife required protectors for both legs following an operation and looked both locally and online prior to her op. this company offered the best price and they even delivered ahead of schedule.Brilliant service and they would be my first stop if we ever needed anything in the future. many thanks
on 18 April 2013
Have not been able to use as I have pins at the end of my cast so the opening isnt big enough to get my foot through. If I just had a cast this would be great at protecting it whilst showering.
on 3 January 2014
1st shower and the rubber came away from the ring resulting in a wet cast. It didn't work for me this product. End result was a trip to hospital. £5 parking fee and a new cast.
on 20 November 2013
I bought this following a foot operation and it's enabled me to keep the foot dry for 5/6 weeks while showering. Not particularly comfortable to wear but it is practical and watertight - and less expensive than some other versions - and that's what counts. It's important to take care when pulling it on and off, particularly is you have a plaster cast; also to dry carefully around the collar afterwards. I couldn't have managed without it.

See one answered question