Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop Now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 October 2015
We bought the item almost a year ago for a Christmas present for our twins as a friend had given us a trike of this type which is a Lazy Town themed one from Toys R Us. As we have experienced nothing but disappointment with Toys R Us products in the past and because neither my wife nor I enjoy the physical act of shopping especially with three kids in tow we thought that we would order this item as surely it should be similar shouldn't it despite it being a bit cheap selling the seat belt separately? When we received the item, there were no instructions in the box so we had to use the picture on the side as our reference so there was a bit of trial and error going on with the different sized bolts and Kettler seem to like challenging customers as there were none with the seat belt either and to add to the excitement there was no picture either.
Now that the kids have been out on both trikes several times over the summer we can see that despite previous reservations with the Toys R Us one, it is actually superior to the Kettler one for the following reasons;

The Kettler trike's front wheel does not direction lock so keeping a 2 year old going in a straight line means that you have to keep the trike tilted back slightly
The Kettler trike does not have feet support so the rider has to either keep their feet on the pedals (which they won't do believe me) or more likely they will drag them along the ground or get them trapped under something
I am still smarting at the fact that you have to buy the seat belt separately. This reminds me of VW cars in the late eighties still selling cars with stereos as optional extras, maybe it's a German thing I don't know.

Would I buy another one if needed? Probably not, there are better ones out there at a more reasonable price. It's just not been really thought through
on 4 August 2013
The quality of the bike is good however the steering for adults is very tough as in theory it's just a stick attached to the bike therefore not allowing for manoeuvrability so the only way to push child is by tilting them back slightly. A wrist ache for parents. I'm confident the rest of the bike is great when my son is able to pedal.
on 3 July 2013
When I received the trike, I was immediately worried. The box was beaten up, and there was a hole right through it at one point. It was also obvious that the box had been opened and resealed with tape. The trike's box was delivered inside a bigger Amazon box which was in good condition. So the DAMAGE was obviously done BEFORE it was boxed for sending to me.

As this is for a BIRTHDAY PRESENT I was faced with the disappointing need to open the box to check its condition.

All the pieces are there, and it looks like it will be a sturdy trike. But there was MUD ON THE WHEELS, and SCRATCHES an the plastic parts. So it has definitely BEEN USED.

Very sad, and very disappointed. I don't have time to return this, as it is a gift for 2 days' time. I will have to keep it in this condition, and gift it in this condition. I'm sure that the child receiving it won't mind. But I am SADDENED and ANGRY that Amazon have had the audacity to sell me a USED item - which was obviously returned to them at some point - AT FULL PRICE!!

I hope Amazon read this and do the decent thing of refunding part of the cost. Star rating is mostly due to being a used item. Not a judgement of what the trike would be new.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2014
Not as easy as I would like to put together. It appeared that it was previously purchased and returned as you do need a few tools to turn it into a usable trike.

If you're good with tools, have them and have nimble fingers then you should be able to put it together within 15 minutes. If you don't have those hexagon tools (whatever they're called) then you may be stuck.

The trike itself was thoroughly enjoyed by my son. He's just turned two and is a bit too short to use the pedals, but the the handle at the back allows you to push him around without hurting your back.
on 24 November 2014
Neither my son (bought for his 2nd birthday) nor my daughter (aged 31/2) can make this go - the pedals just slip. ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2013
This is a lovely traditional trike, just like the one I had 45 years ago except with a detachable steering handle.
The trike is very well made, fits together well and uses quality solid parts. Took me 20 mins to build this evening, a simple and straightforward job. The daughter is going to love it. Keep it up Kettler. You've got to hand it to the Germans; they just know how to build quality. I looked at the Italtrike Classic but it was 3 times the cost and, to be honest, I don't think you get much more. I wanted a simple, traditional and well-made present that will last for years, and Kettler tick all the boxes on this one.
on 22 May 2013
My granddaughters love this trike, I too: it is fun, it is save, it is light-weight. And the price is just right.
on 18 September 2014
Purchased two for twin boys - they didn't arrive at the same time which could have caused all sorts of fun and games - so order in plenty of time - but when they both arrived and were put together were a huge success and the boys have not been on any thing else - well made and sturdy for two busy little 2 yr olds
on 27 May 2013
the tricycle was exactly what we wanted....sturdy and refreshing to be able to order an item that is actually british made.would recommend company and article to everyone.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2015
My 22 month old loves it. She can't work the pedals yet but she can put her feet on them ok and it will help her learn. She is average height by the way. The handle only steers the trike if you tip it back a bit and manoeuvre it.