Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.7 out of 5 stars4,159
Size: PRO GOLD 2M(2METER)Change

on 11 October 2015
Very impressive indeed! I got this cable for linking computers and display monitors at home and in the workplace. It arrived in an unassuming grey plastic bag, which I appreciated, as many such cables come in frustrating clamshell packaging. Inside, the cable itself was coiled and held in place by a pair of zip ties. A specification sheet with notes on use was also included.

The first thing you will notice about this cable is its heavy-duty protection. The cable itself is weighty, with a tough, braided black fabric casing. The quality of the casing, and of the cable itself, is immediately obvious. The HDMI connectors on each end are protected by plastic caps; upon removing them, you can see the 24K gold plating on the connectors, ensuring good conduction and clear transmission of video and audio signals. The cable is available in various lengths, so no matter your needs, there's a cable to suit them! I use the 10-metre version, but you can buy cables as short as 1 metre for home use or as long as 40 metres for industrial needs.

I've used the cable for simple computer screen transmission and for high-definition video with and without audio. In all cases, I've had rapid and crystal-clear signal transmission with no issues whatsoever, even when placing high demands on the cable. I recommend it for any HDMI connection needs, from something as simple as hooking a DVD player to a television screen, all the way up to powering large screens with complex needs in the workplace.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 October 2015
I normally buy cheap and cheerful HDMI cables, safe in the knowledge that in terms of video and audio performance, HDMI cables don't suffer from the same degradation problems as the old SCART cables had. Thanks to the digital nature of the signal the oxygen content / quality of the actual transmitting wires is not really important until you get in very long distances.

However the main problem with the budget cables is the fact that they don't stand up to being inserted and removed from devices, it doesn't take much for the conations to come loose. So I decided to upgrade to a more expensive, if still great value cable. Be warned this s a huge cable not just in terms its 5m length with is perfect for my needs ( I review a lot of films for PR companies and they generally send screeners as digital links, and even though I have a smart TV it is far easier and quicker to hook up one of the laptops to the TV with this cable.) I have hidden this cable along the skirting board to where the kids homework laptop is kept, which means i can stream content to the TV without needing to move either the laptop or have an unsightly cable dragging along the floor. The cable is also big in its construction, this is a heavy duty cable that will stand up to all the knocks, kicks and scrapes that it could possible encounter in everyday use.

The sound and picture quality is as near to perfection as I can figure out, and even after a month or so of use there has never been any problems with it connecting to the computer or the TV.

Do yourselves a favour and spend a little bit more on this cable it is worth it in the long run.
on 11 August 2012
How do you review a cable ? Use it I guess.
First thing I noticed was the build quality, this is no wimpy cable.
Strong and secure fittings either end. Gold plated contacts not only
make it look classy, but ensure the optimum contact.
The cable itself is sturdy. a mesh outer casing keeping it flexible
enough even though it's a fairly thick cable. My television socket is
a good 14" off the floor, yet the cable is light enough not to put any
excess weight or pull on the connection.
There is a good 'feel' to the connection when plugged in, you are left
with no doubt that the cable is plugged in well.
I'm running a full spec HD LCD TV, with this cable taking the signal from my
computer. Works flawlessly, super quality picture, and amazing sound.
You may read that all HDMI cables are the same, ie: they all do the same job,
that might be true, but quality shines through, this cable is a bargain at the
asking price. Highly recommended by me.
Amazon made it easy to buy, and the supplier E4U electricals UK Ltd were prompt
and kept me advised of the order status, goods arrived very well packaged.
Care was taken over my order even though it was just one cable.
That was appreciated by me.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2014
After this item arrived. I realised I already own two more cables exactly the same. But with different brand names. They are cheap and nasty mass produced cables. They offer no shielding whatsoever ( the crucial part to any hDMi cable).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
thought I'd "treat" my new telly and HDD recorder to a higher quality item but soon started to have connection, and therefore lack of consistent signal with this item. Replaced it with a cheapy for a quid and had no problems since. Still works on son's X Box but he reports to needing "to wiggle it occasionally"
on 2 March 2013
The item was fine at first, but has now broken, clearly the cable where it enters the end connector has managed to move and probably sheared the wires, or at least made the wires come loose from setting.

Would have expected it to last longer. Disappointed.
on 30 October 2015
Got 6m of this to replace a cable that had failed. Unfortunately that one was buried in a cavity wall! Had to use the old cable to pull this one through but the ibra stood up to a great deal of punishment in the process and still worked perfectly in the end. The woven sheath appears to be nylon. It looks great and protects the cable well. I'm watching in 60hz 1080p with surround sound and the whole signal is supported, the projector identifies the source straight away. More expensive cables such as sold in high Street Hi fi outlets have the exact spec of this cable and cost 10 times as much. Just buy this one. Bear in mind the longer the cable the more chance it will fail to carry the signal. I can only testify to the 6m cable.
on 23 November 2015
I have previously bought 3 of these HDMI cables in the past and while I am no technical engineer they are just brilliant.

They are in effect 'just a cable' , (what can you say about a cable)?

Well, they come in a simple grey package but when you open the plastic bag you know this is a top quality product. The finish of the cable and the HDMI gold plated connectors are clearly first rate. In terms of helping to provide a High Quality picture on my TVs, the only thing I do know is that the quality of the viewing screen is just fantastic. I watched the 'Hunt' on BBC and was blown away by the standard of the pictures. All this and a great price, these must be the best value for money on Amazon
on 1 May 2014
I needed an extra HDMI cable to watch movies on holiday (many hotel rooms have digital TVs with HDMI input), and this cable is probably over-specified for the job.

Very well built, solid feeling cable, no connection problems and I expect it'll withstand a few years of connecting/reconnecting and being hastily chucked into a full suitcase. Admittedly this isn't how most people will use it.

The only annoyance, and again particularly with my personal use case - the packaging! This cable comes wound up in a loop and tied together with cable ties that need scissors or similar to undo. FFP (frustration free packaging) should be standard.

Otherwise, a great buy.
on 16 October 2012
Having just bought a 3D TV my local store tried selling me a HDMI cable which was the same version as this (1.4a) for £29.99. I decided to buy 1 of these equivilant ones to see how good they were. They have a protective braid around the outer sheating of the cable to protect it and look like they would cost far more. Now I know how good these cables actually are, I will be ordering a couple more for my 3D Blue ray player and my son's X-box. Don't let the shop sales man blag you into paying ridiculous prices like I nearly did!! These are the business!! Delivery is also 1st class, arrived 2 days after placing order.