on 28 February 2012
The main benefit of the Ex-Pro is not only does it fold up to a very small size you can also unscrew the head from the legs - making it an extremely compact, transportable, tripod. Its very light weight and center raising column, however, make it unsuitable for outdoor photography requiring rock steadiness unless the weather is very calm. But for owners of compact/bridge cameras - do not even consider this for DSLR's - needing an ultra transportable tripod for those long scenic hikes this does the job nicely (just avoid those windy conditions).

Addition: By unscrewing the head from the legs I'm not talking about how the camera mounts to the tripod as that is by a quick release catch, I mean that the entire head mount itself can be unscrewed from the centre column for even more compact transportability.
on 21 May 2011
Wanted a tripod to take to America for our holiday where we visited the Grand Canyon. This tripod is excellent value for money and comes complete with a light travel bag. Fitted well onto my Nikon D5000 and even though it's light, it's still sturdy enough to hold the weight of my camera with a 200mm lens attached. Bought to use in conjunction with this remote ~ NEEWER Wireless IR Remote Control Shutter Release ML-L3 For Nikon D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70S, D80, D90, D3000, D5000, F55, F65, F75, N65, N75, Coolpix 8400, 8800 Pronea S, Nuvis S & Lite Touch Zoom Cameras and they are fantastic together! Bargain buy for a very useful piece of kit!
Purchased this tripod for a friend, and although i was not expecting much in terms of quality humm!!! Cant give more than 3 stars even having in mind the price.

While the tripod is closed it is quite steady and can be used with small cameras or phones. I would not advise using a dSLR or even a Bridge camera with this. For my friend will be fine as he will be using it with his phone.

Once we open the tripod the legs feel really flimsy, and even using with a phone it will not be steady. I mean if you are in doors and don't touch the tripod all is fine, but if we are outside in a windy day the tripod will move a lot and also by a minor touch to the tripod it will move a lot.

Also the head where we mount the camera is fragile, with heavier cameras such as bridges will not stay levelled, will bend a lot so we will have to balance it to the other side so when we put the camera the plastic bends and stays levelled (hope i could explain this part :)

So in conclusion, if you want to use it in the closed position and with light cameras indoor or in excellent weather condition it will do fine otherwise i would not go for it.

Also to mention that its very compact so its nice to carry around, and comes with a bag which was a nice touch.
on 23 April 2012
Very light, portable and ideal for travels. It doesn't take much time to set up either. At times, it might feel a little flimsy, but had no problems with my camera (Panasonic Lumix FZ45). Overall great purchase - light-weight travel tripod of reasonable quality for a great price.
on 7 October 2011
VERY PORTABLE AND EASY TO USE APPARATUS IT TAKES ME LESS THAN 2 MINUTES TO ASSEMBLE AND USE. I LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS LIGHT WEIGHT AND EASY TO CARRY.
on 23 May 2010
bought this tripod for holiday it was a great little
purchase very sturdy and good quality for the money delivery was exellent as well well done amazon
on 4 June 2015
This item is small & lightweight and Ideal size for a backpack. I needed a second tripod for an event and this held my small Sanyo Video Camera on a breezy day with no problem but as a precaution I did tie a camera case with a 500ml bottle of water inside to ensure it stayed in place if it got to windy. I have a better quality tripod for my larger cameras but its large & bulky. This tripod would be ideal for taking on holiday to take some selfie photos with the family.
on 6 June 2015
Just what I was looking for when I was browsing the tripods online. I wanted something I can use outside but also have on my desk for recording my youtube videos. This did the job perfectly can do time lapses outside and still carry this inside and put it on my desk. The quality is very good in my opinion doesn't look like its going to break any time soon. I tried this on my Nikon D3100 and works wonderfully though I imagine it will work well on any DSLR. If your looking for something small enough that you can just about place it on a desk next to a laptop or pc and something you can use outside then this is it.
on 9 September 2014
It is all right for the price, does the job fine. Sturdier than some reviews make you believe, I am using it with a Sigma DP2M, BUT(!)there is no quick release/ quick release plate on it what makes it difficult to quickly attach the camera so now I have to buy a quick release adaptor what will cost me the same price as the tripod. No time to send it back but really, I should. £10 for this and £10 for the adaptor, well I should have just bought a Hama for £20...I suppose the 'quick release' in the description is just a marketing trick and they will say it was about the setting up the tripod.
on 7 August 2014
This is my first tripod so I have nothing to compare with, but to me it seems pretty good for the price. I got it so that I could get more out of my superzoom, and it seems very stable doing just that. Other reviewers have said it is too flimsy but it is incredibly light which is what I wanted. The spec says sutable for cameras up to 1.5kg so if you have a big slr then dont buy it.
My only complaint is that the spirit level seems in the wrong place, shouldnt it be a circular thing on the top of the tripod, not a straight one on the tilt head? There are no instructions so maybe I am doing something wrong. Comments welcome.