Size: 500ml|Change

on 8 December 2011
I always use this product when changing the water in my fish tank and have done since i have kept fish. The price I paid on Amazon was much cheaper than getting it in a pet shop.
on 21 October 2013
I've kept fish for years and have always used this make to dechlorinate the water before partial water changes.
I bought a larger amount this time as it works out cheaper than buying smaller bottles continually (I have a large tank).
Absolutely as it should be, I recommend.
on 8 August 2011
I ALWAYS USE TETRA AQUASAFE, IN THE LONG YEARS OF ME USING IT I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY WATER AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY MY FISH.
on 19 November 2015
Apparently tap water is not good for fish this makes tap water magically turn into water which has come from another non tap source for example a well I guess it works my fish haven't died yet
on 4 March 2013
I have been using this water conditioner for years for water changes but also when I introduce new fish. It is very efficient. I buy the big bottles and keep a small one which makes it easier to dose and avoid over conditionning the water. I really recommend Aquasafe and I have tried many products over the years. Dosing: 1 small squirt per two litres... yeah I know, this is very approximative but frankly it's fine, my fish have never complained (or died by the way!!) I have rasboras, cardinals, tetras, angel fish, corydoras, ottos etc!
on 25 April 2013
Does what it says on the bottle & I've not had any problems with my terrapins whilst using it during each water change.
on 12 February 2013
New tank established just added to water and fish were not stressed so lost no fish complete success in a day
on 19 April 2016
Would recomment "BARGAIN PET SUPPLIES" as a supplier for this product. Kordian from Bargain Pet Supplies is a sincere trader who was so helpful in responding to my enquiry which I beleive will help all future buyers and present users of this product. Thank you Kordian @ BARGAIN PET SUPPLIES for this reply;
Dear Deepak,
I thank you for your patience. Your query had to be forwarded to Tetra's lab and that's what took so long. To keep things short - Aquasafe does not contain amines, however I know that PVP has the similar effect as amines - it creates chloramines when contacted with Purigen and hampers Purigens regenerative properties, so I asked about PVP as well. It turns out they do use PVP as a part of it's stress coat.

To sum it up: you can use Aquasafe but it would have to be done outside of your main tank where Purigen is or take out Purigen before using Aquasafe and put it back after 24-48 hours.

Please let me know if you want to return the product and I will provide you with our return address. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards, Kordian ; "Bargain Pet Supplies"

My question To Bargain Pet Supplies and all users of this products was ;

Many thanks for your prompt delivery. I have left a positive feedback with your company name mentioned, hope it helps!
However I have received the bottle with all foreign instructions and a small sticker with English which can be hardly read.
Please can you research and advise; I use seachem purigen filter media; does the slime coat element in this contain amines as this could render purigen useless,may even kill my fish?
If I use a water conditioner containing amines,my regenerated Purigen it will make it toxic and kill my fish.
Please confirm with manufacturer and advise as I may need to return this it it does contain Amines.

"Bargain Pet Supplies" replied very promptly to above;

Dear Deepak,
Thank you for contacting us, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

According to my knowledge Aquasafe will not have any negative influence on your Purigen but just to stay on the safe side I will contact our Tetra representative first thing in the morning and will get back to you ASAP.

PS We are working on bigger stickers and should implement them soon.

Kind regards,
Kordian

So here goes another very satisfied customer of such a VALUE FOR MONEY produc by TETRA.....

Hope this helps..Deepak
on 4 April 2013
This is big used to pay stupid money for smaller sizes locally well worth it buy it now 100% pleased
on 6 May 2013
Value for money and tank now crystal clear. New tank 19lt with one small goldfish. Had a bacteria bloom and several partial 20% water changes were getting me no where. Levels were almost right and did another 25% change using this in the tap water. Within several hours I could see the fish, happy and healthy. I now wouldn't use any other product. Can't recommend enough. Thank you