Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 November 2009
Volume 3 in the series and has to be the best yet Ihave got the first two albums
And this is by far in my opinion a first class cd Some really hard to get tunesAnd everyone is original so if you like your oldies This album is a must enjoy
on 16 November 2009
I have Dreamboats and petticoats 1 and 2 also D&P Foottappers(instrumentals). They ALL deserve 5 stars. I wouldn't say this is the best but there's some great tracks from the 50s but mainly, on this one the 60s. Every one is so clear and makes for GREAT listening. One or two track's I've never heard before but no real "fillers". At the end of disc 2 you have 3 new songs that sound like there from the Stage Show. BUY IT, Better still buy ALL of them.
on 12 December 2009
If you love 60's music and are a fan of Dreamboats and Petticoats I and II then you will love this. It is not just scraping together a few more 60 songs to push out another CD. It is easily as good as the earlier collections. A great collection of 60's songs and music, highly recommended.
on 28 February 2010
I bought this CD because I started buying records around 1960 and remembered lots of these songs. This CD is brilliant for anyone who enjoys the nostalgia of pre-Beatles pop of the late 50's and early 1960's. I like every track on this CD. In fact I would say that I really like all but a handful of these songs. The sound is fantastic as I guess most tracks have been digitally remastered. Many of the songs can be found on other compilations of course. But there are enough gems on this collection to warrant buying it. For instance, I hadn't heard Palisades Park for years. It's a great number and one of the more rare additions to this great collection. My advice is that if you are thinking of buying this, hesitate no longer. It represents money well spent and you'll love it.
on 7 November 2013
Only complaint here is the repetition of tracks across the compilations. I reckon that they could have reduced the number by one or even two. Plus what's the need for repetition of the cast tracks with the original recordings? Either way a great trip down memory lane.
here we go again ! yes...the collection from 'dreamboats and petticoats' continues.
the collection has again brought back many often seen tracks along with some that
are not seen too often, which for me at least, is the attraction the series puts
before us.
i suspect like myself many of you will have bought many if not most on vinyl way
back when, and in an effort to cover your collection onto 'CD' will have many of these
tracks over and over again.
however, this series has for the third time come up with several tracks not seen too
often like....'connie francis's'--'stupid cupid'...'johnny preston's' --'running bear'
....'tommy roe's'--'folk singer'...'kenny ball's (trad jazz)--'midnight in moskow'...
'brenda lee's'--'i'm sorry'...'joe brown's'--'it only took a minute'...'frankie vaughan's'
--'tower of strength'...'freddie cannon's'--'pallisades park'...'the crystals'--'da do ron ron'
even tracks from mainly 50's icons 'tommy steele' and 'lonnie donegan'
( again, if my memory serves me right,there are again one or two b-sides...however,very often
back then, often as good as the a-sides we'd bought them for)
to bring the above with the allmost rarities on an easy-flow 2'CD' collection there are tracks
from the usual suspects on board like 'elvis'...'cliff'...'roy orbison'...'neil sadaka'...
'the drifters'...and 'billy fury' along,of course with many,many more.....just how good
would these 'yester-year' collections be if they included stars like 'the beatles' and the
'stones' along with a few more, that would truly reflect the memories that many of us have of
those times.
overall for me, buying these albums of precious reflections of a by-gone age is indeed priceless.
'hey' if others in your household say 'for god's sake turn it down' find yerself some space of
'yer' own, get that 'air-guitar' out again,close yer' eyes and.......enjoy.
( these were indeed the days of 'the birth of pop' )
on 22 December 2009
This double cd is well worth the money as it contains 55 tracks altogether. It follows the same format as the previous two releases, and it does not disappoint. Obviously some artists are featured again with different hits, but that is not an adverse criticism. Despite my age, I can remember nearly all of those hits from the early years, in particular Jerry Keller's "Here Comes Summer", and Neil Sedaka's "Calendar Girl". The arrangement of the tracks has been well thought out, with a good mixture of instrumentals, groups,and male and female vocalists.Perhaps the next compilation will include Lonnie Donegan's wonderful "My Old Man's A Dustman", and something by The Ventures. Even another offering by Bernard Cribbins -was it called "Hole In The Ground"?- would add to the eclectic nature of the selections. Altogether a thoroughly enjoyable trip back to the hits down memory lane. I shall look forward to the next selection.
on 5 April 2014
Another flashback into the 60's with loads of tracks from that era A must for fans of of the 60's There is also some tracks from the musical of the same name, performed by the cast, I have seen that show three times and each one had some different music played so no two shows the same.
Excellent value for money
on 4 February 2010
Dreamboats and Petticoats 3 is, unsurprisingly, third in a series recalling popular music of the 1950's and 1960's. I note that there is some repitition of songs in both #2 and #3, but very few and it is probably forgivable.
Though if a #4 is on the horizon the publishers might do well to check carefully as there has to be a finite limit on what songs are recalled by the baby boomers.
on 3 June 2014
I am delighted with this CD as I have all the others in the collection so far but this one was missing. Very happy to receive it and would recommend this seller to all my friends and family. Thank you.