on 15 March 2011
I purchased three sets of the landscape lights having previoulsy purchased other products from The Solar Centre and I am once again very impressed.

They light up my garden well into the early hours of the morning and during the summer provide light all the way through the night.

One of the other reviews said that the output was poor and they took 5 days to charge, my experience has been exactly the opposite. They charged very quickly and the output is excellent.

I have purchased other solar lights for my garden and outside use, but the ones from The Solar Centre are by far and away the best.

I would highly recommend this product.
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2015
Had read the reviews about these so bought them to see whether they lived up to the hype. Well, they do. Good solid metal construction, nice long lead for getting the panel into the sun but discreet enough to disappear where run, easy on/off mechanism, wall and ground mounting fixings, but the best part is their brightness. Could NOT believe how much light comes out of these little things. Not wishing to impress - really - but I have a great big old garden here so weaker lights just look stupid until they fizzle out but these make a real impact! Am actually lighting a big old apple tree well into it's canopy with ONE light placed about 6' away. Looks spectacular! Have since bought 4 more sets. They have brought the furthest recesses of the garden alive at night. Am hoping they'll hold up for a good long time. More pricey than many other brands but worth it. Would highly recommend.
on 24 July 2011
Really happy with these lights. We've used one to light up a dark footpath in our back garden and the other to use as a floodlight for our pond (which looks great at night).

Easy to set up, the light output is very good considering their small size, with sufficient cable length for our needs. They were charged within the first day or two of putting out the solar panel. We like the idea that the angle of each light can be easily adjusted.

We used the ground spikes instead of the wall brackets. As the ground spikes are plastic they may struggle in hard ground.

The product was packaged well with easy-to-follow instructions.

We bought some other larger Solar Centre flood lights in the past, so knew these would be of the same good quality.
on 16 July 2015
I love this product (I am not traditional fan of solar powered garden lights). It is simple to use and very bright. My garden is over 35m long and the light defiantly reaches over 25m, but I actually use it to highlight closer 'feature' items. The cable is 5m long to each light from the centre solar panel. Because the lights are so far away from the solar power panel, you can hide the lights in the shade either close together or up to 10m apart (haveing the solar panel in the sun). Obviously this is summer, so can't comment on winter use but so far, I am happy with my investment - will possibly buy another set.
on 16 August 2015
Really suprised by how effective and bright these lights are. Brought one pair to test them out. They were brilliant at providing accent lighting on key plants in the garden. So good I brought three more. The charge is great and still bright till the early hours of the morning. These are not your usual solar lights. I would say they are as bright as the mains wired ones I have. Brilliant product. Just buy them.
on 21 March 2011
Excellent product, the instructions advised a 3 day charge period however the lights worked perfectly in my lightwell area on the first night. You can place the small solar panel in an area of light and there is about a 3-5m lead wire to the lights themselves, which can therefore be placed at the bottom of my lightwell area (with the panel on the path above).I found that the brightness is very close to, but not quite at, the brightness of a non solar light (which was actually the effect I was looking for) and I was pleasantly surprised by this. It is great not having to remember to switch them on or off! Definitely recommend purchase.
on 18 May 2010
Ther spotlights arrived (from abroad) very quickly. They were easy to assemble and worked straight away with a much stroonger light than I expected so I was delighted. Tehy continue to light up a tree in my garden at night. I would buy another set if they were on amazon again.
on 17 April 2014
Purchased there due to Solar charge wattage and hoped that would transfer to the actual output of the units...it did and then some, compared to the average light output of just a small area illumination effect these actually project light more like a wide beam Torch and do throw the area of illumination a good 20feet..

Cons :, There are a couple of things with these that would be purchasers need to know though, the Solar panels themselves do not have the ability to be aligned Left / Right only up and down ..this applies to the actual lights themselves as well, so make sure your placement / fixings for them can be located in a southerly direction or they will never receive a full charge and therefore may not work as good as you need.
on 26 January 2015
I had ordered these solar lights to light up a small tree in the front garden.
I have been quite surprised at the strength of the illumination. Also impressed at the construction quality. Seem that they will last a long time.
They are doing the job that I wanted and I am very satisfied. Will most likely purchase another set for the back garden. Highly recommended.
on 23 July 2011
After having bought a number of other solar light I thought it was a given that they would be very weak and only able to light very short distances. After half a day of charging on a cloudy day I was very surprised to se the lights being almost torch strength. This combined with robust construction gives me a great first impression. I will be purchasing another set shortly