on 12 May 2010
I bought this set for my son for his first bicycle, we went for this style in particular, as all of the normal bicycle helmets are of the type that seem to "perch" on top of your head.
In my opinion this "full head" type of helmet is more protective, as it covers more of your head, as case proven to us within 45 seconds of my son getting on his new bicycle and going up the hall (inside the house) as fast as possible. He turned too fast and tipped over. The side of his head came in contact with our large chimney breast and the paint mark left on the side of the helmet showed that if he had been wearing the standard type of helmet, he would have had the side of his head bash off the chimney breast!!!!
This helmet is comfortable (according to my son) and does its job well, the fact that it comes with Knee and Elbow pads also, for the price of a standard helmet is fantastic, buy this with confidence.
0Comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2011
I BOUGHT THESE PRODUCTS FOR MY GRANDSON WHO IS 2 YEARS 8 MONTHS.MY HUSBANDS THOUGHTS WERE HE WONT WEAR THEM,BUT I INSISTED.
WELL AT FIRST LOOK HE WAS UNSURE,BUT WHEN WE TOLD HIM RACING CAR DRIVERS DONT GO AND RACE WITHOUT HELMETS THAT DID THE TRICK.
THE HELMET IS VERY STRONG AND THE KNEE AND ELBOW PADS COME WITH VELCROW FOR EASE OF FITTING.HE NOW GOES WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO PUT ON HIS HELMET BEFORE GETTING ON HIS BIKE EVEN IF HE IS ONLY IN HIS OWN GARDEN.
on 8 December 2009
Was a little dubious to buy this at first as it's quite cheap, but I did order and was so pleased when it came through. The helmet is well made and a lovely shiny black. The protective knee and elbow pads are of good quality and I know my 4 year old son will appreciate them when he comes tumbling off his new bike!

This is fact was the second set of these I bought from Amazon, the fist set was in pink for my little neice, and I was so impressed I came back and bought the black set for my son!

Recommended!
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2012
Excellent! Excellent price and quality! I feel much more confident about the health of my son when he uses these protectors and helmet. Thank you!
on 17 April 2012
Good cost and very strong and hard wearing, looks decent as well, does what it say's on the box! A good buy.
on 11 June 2015
We bought this helmet back in 2013 and have insisted that our 3 1/2 year old son has worn it every where he goes on his bike/scooter. Today, whilst on his balance bike on a steep stone hill, he got a "tank slap" and went over his handle bars for the first time. I watched it in slow motion happen and was convinced an a&e trip would be needed. When I got to him, despite slamming at speed into stone, he had a graze/cut above his lip and then grazes/cuts all over his body. I have NO DOUBT that the design of this helmet (the protruding peak at the front in particular) saved our son from far more serious injuries. The helmet has split and will now be thrown away, have I ordered the same one again? - absolutely!

review image
on 8 August 2012
after looking on various websites i found this helmet most reasonable and it also come with elbow and knee pads which were a great bonus cause my boys love them thanks would recommend
on 11 October 2011
bought this item for safety in mind first. Well made second. Third the price, which was very reasonable. We will now not worry when our boy goes out on his scooter.
on 3 June 2013
My five year-old son has recently learned to ride and obviously safety is paramount. We bought this for the helmet rather than the knee and elbow pads and the price is good if only for the helmet itself. It fits perfectly and does exactly the same job as other brands which can be twice the price. We ran the design past my son's cycling instructor and he said it ticks all the boxes, so we're very happy with this purchase. Thanks.
on 10 October 2013
These were bought for my 8 year old.
Fits perfect and great protection.
Good quality materials.