on 20 August 2012
Contrary to some of the reviews I haven't had any problems with the fuse and I find the clasp to be just right, not too loose/stiff. I used the spot light for my desk and prefer the more 'natural' lighting as oppose to white light (too bright) or LED lighting.

Some useful points:

- 60 Watt Max bulb
- Clips on up to ~2.5" thick surface
- Cord is about 1.5m
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2013
The lamp is great. The only reason it lost a star was due to the difficulty in fitting a bulb that does not get too hot. My present bulb in it gets very hot after a few minutes. I have found alternatives bulbs but it is hard to fit in due to the closen of the lamp shade and whilst trying to fit the alternative bulb i managed to shatter the bulb in its holder (and into my hand!). If you can find the correct bulb that does not get too hot then this lamp is great.
on 15 January 2013
I use this as a desk lamp. The light is very good (I use 40W as I find 60W too bright) and the bulb fits perfectly. The clip is not too loose or too stiff and a good size. The adjustable head is very useful and it stays in place. I chose this lamp as it has a clip, meaning it wouldn't take up any space on my small desk. The cable isn't that long but it's not a problem as I have a plug socket right next to my desk. Overall, very good product.
on 23 August 2011
Quattro 63 Spot Light (Black Finish)

Colour 100%
Clip on 100%
Angle ability 100%

BUT screwing in first bulb blew the fuse. The second attempt the bulb itsef blew. 3rd attempt, bulb only works when screwed in to max.
If this was purchased locally I would have returned and asked for a replacement. This is almost exactly the lamp I wanted.
on 20 October 2012
It is sturdy and well built, but this is not a cheap item. The picture shows the spotlight with a bulb in it, but it doensn't have one. Even worse, the flex is so short that unless you are putting it next to a socket, it needs to have a longer cable fitted. So, lose two stars for penny pinching!
on 9 November 2012
Was looking for clip on lights for my display at wedding fairs and these lamps are perfect.
The clip seems to be ok, not too tight that it can't be opened and not too loose that it will slip when placed.
I will be buying a few more A+++++ from me
on 18 June 2013
Really pleased with this purchase. I use it to light my PC workstation. You do not have to use an energy gobbling spotlight bulb, I have fitted a compact 9 watt energy efficient low wattage bulb and it does the job. If you are not sure which screw type bulb to get for this (bulb not supplied) a pair of 40 spots from Wilkinsons are £1, or an energy efficient bulb maybe twice that. The E27 Edison Screw is the larger of the 2 main types available on UK market. The other being the SES which you do not want for this. The clamp is sturdy and the cable length is about 2 metres. I would highly recommend this unit.
on 19 February 2013
We have display boards we travel with which needed to be lit at evening time. These clip on lights are the perfect solution.
The strong grip of the clip meant that we were not worried they might move or fall off the boards they were attached to.
They give plenty enough light to illuminate the information on the 6.5 foot high boards without being too obtrusive to the rest of the room.
They were left on for around 5 hours throughout the evening and they did run a little hot but not hot enough to cause concern.
We originally bought 3 but will buy a few more for other lighting needs too.
on 21 April 2015
So far, all good! I have had this light since January - chose it from Amazon after looking though a number of spotlights on clips. I wanted this style to save space - rather than a light taking up room on my desk.

I have had no problems with it: I have it clipped onto wood 1.75cm/0.69in thick, 90 degrees to my desk - so it is upright, and it has not slipped even a little. Therefore, I'm very happy with the clip's grip. It has a switch not far down the cable, which is perfect for me as my plug socket is under the desk; so the rest of the wire is hidden away there. I guess for some people it may not be a long enough wire - depending on plug socket availability, but fine for me I managed to buy a nice size energy-saving light bulb that fits without it sticking out.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2010
The Quattro clip spot light is a first class spot. We use it on our pottery stand and it does a perfect job.
It shows off the pots perfectly and because it is very adjustable it suits our every requirement.