on 18 January 2012
There's two ways of viewing this product, the first is that it's an inexpensive set of bluetooth headphones, which are pretty comfortable, have great battery life, decent enough sound quality and work great with the iPhone 4. So for me, wearing this outside for walks / runs to listen to music is great, the bluetooth works great, never had any drops in audio, and being able to change track, pause, volume control on the device is so much more convenient than playing with a touch screen.

The second way (the bad points), is that they do feel cheap, the audio quality is good (not great), the headphones lack any kind of form factor adjustments. These are all fine to me thanks to the price. The only deal breaker, which thankfully doesn't apply to me, depends on how you use these headphones. Now this may be inherent to all bluetooth headsets, or maybe the fault of these headphones, but there's lag. Probably <500ms lag between the device playing the sound and the headphones blurting them to my ear. This makes watching videos on my laptop and iPhone painful (especially if people are visibly talking), but if it's just music you're interested in, for the price I'd say this is definitely a good product to go for.
66 comments128 of 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2010
To be honest I didn't expect much for the price but having just bought an iPod Touch I wanted to be able to listen to music whilst working in the garden. My current wired pair of over-the-ear cans end up getting tangled with tools or in bushes nearly every time I use them and it can be painful when they accidentally get pulled off or you hang yourself with the cord! They were also quite expensive so there was always the risk of damaging them.

This pair paired first time without fuss, they're quite comfortable and the sound quality is surprisingly good - good enough for me to have just ordered a second pair for the wife to use in the gym. I particularly like the built-in volume control and the option to pause the music if required.

They also paired first time and functioned correctly with my Nokia phone, although I doubt I'll ever bother to use them with that, I just wanted to see if it would work!

Fully charged batteries will last for 20 hours according to the box which I think is pretty good but I've yet to test that claim.

Overall, 5 stars - well worth the money.
33 comments78 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 August 2011
I have owned the 7dayshop Bluetooth headphones for approximately two years now and feel it's about time I put a review up on Amazon. For the first couple of weeks, I treated my new headphones with great care keeping them in their carry pouch. I then started to be a bit more rough with them (they were only cheap after all) but still the headphones performed like day 1. The last couple of months, the headphones have been bouncing around loose in the bottom of my bag and they have been thrown in the boot of the car. Each time I come back to use them, they work perfectly.

I have successfully connected them to my Itouch, iPhone, iPad, galaxy tab, htc desire, each one effortlessly. Then there's the battery.. I lost the charger six months ago, each time I hold the on button, I expect a depleted battery, but it keeps on turning on. I'm determined to drain this damn battery, but it just keeps coming back for more (wish my smartphone batteries lasted as long). The sound quality is superb for headphones at this price, I'm no sound expert, but they don't sound any different to my Sennheiser inner ear buds. There are controls for track skip forward and backward and volume on the right earpiece. A double click of the middle button on the right earpiece activates the voice control on your phone (when available). The pads on each earpiece are nice and soft and are comfortable on the ear and haven't ripped like other headphones I have owned. They also fold up into a nice compact size to put on your pocket.

There is one thing my headphones don't excel at and that is when they are used during a call. The person on the other end has great difficulty hearing me, they complain that there is too much background noise. I'm not sure if this is just my pair, as other reviews mention the headphones being fine for making calls.

I wouldn't hesitate buying these, if I were on the lookout for some bluetooth headphones. I hope they make a new version with a better quality microphone, this product would then easily be 5 stars.
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2010
Worked first time with my iPhone 3G, PS3 and laptop. I use them at work with my iPhone. Sound quality is fine. Equal to my far more expensive wired pair. I walked all over the open plan office with the iPhone on the desk and did not lose connection. A range of over 30ft. Comfy enough to wear for several hours and has easily withstood being in my handbag for three weeks (which means they must be tough). Highly recommended for the price.
11 comment49 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2012
I have only had these for a few days but I'm very happy. I synched these very straightforward inexpensive bluetooth headphones with my Samsung Wonder smartphone at the first attempt and I am at present listening to an album while typing this review. The control buttons on the right hand ear piece are simple to use and easy to access. Volume and sound quality are fine for me although I suspect someone with a more finely tuned ear might prefer a more expensive product. I like the sportsband and the earpieces are comfortable enough and as someone who doesn't like the wires or ear buds of conventional plug in headphones I wish I'd bought bluetooth headphones years ago.

The case is surprisingly robust although bigger than I'd like only just fitting in a coat pocket. However the headphones themselves fold down flat with the articulation in the band working well.

I haven't yet used the phone connection or microphone but purely as headphones they work perfectly well, they have an OK range but aren't too keen on more than a couple of walls separation from the bluetooth device. Usefully if they lose signal they stop the song and you simply have to start it again when back in range.

I'd recommend them as a very inexpensive set of bluetooth headphones, which perform much better than you might expect for the price.

17th February 2012
Just to update I have now used them with my mobile phone and they work extremely well at picking up calls and the sound quality at the other end is fine from the microphone according to the person I called. I wouldn't advise using them in the car if you are driving, although I suppose you could lift one earpiece of an ear and they would be no more sound diminishing than a one piece headset. I have also just realised that if you press the side button once it stops your music and then starts again at the same place at the press of the same button (that may seem obvious but it's really useful if you are listening to something have to break off and then want to come back later). The more I use these the more I wish I'd bought them years ago.
on 7 April 2011
These are the second set of bluetooth headphones I've had, having previously used a more expensive (But still cheap) pair from Zoom, and while they were £20 cheaper they were much better then that pair, and considering the price, a fantastic purchase.

Using them on my Mac, PC and iPhone I was most supprised to find that not only does the audio work on the iPhone, but the voice controls and other headset features all work, which my previous pair refused to do.

There are some minor issues, at full volume the noise bleeds a fair amount, but they also muffle external sound really well, so it depends on how much you care about people around you, and I do get the occasional minor skip, but only once every hour or so, and again, much improved on the previous set of headphones I've owned.

Battery life is also fantastic, and I get 2 full days use out of them, and only charge them once a week using frequently.

Given the price of them compared to other sets, you really can't go wrong with these.
on 7 January 2013
The R7 Headphones were purchased specifically to use with the Kindle Fire HD. Paired readily and work perfectly. I left the Kindle downstairs and could hear my music perfectly all through the house via the headphones. Good sound quality and comfortable on my ears and I love that the 'headband' does not rest over your head but at the back of the neck. I changed tracks with no problem. I viewed a movie and had no problems and no time lag. I'm very pleased with them and very speedy delivery .
on 17 March 2010
It is a well designed great product. Having said that it cannot fit in professional category.
If you would like to have a cable free environment in front of your computer, it suits very well.

Couple of things about its technical capabilities;
- It has a Bluetooth Class 2 transciver, hence its theoretical limit is 10m, in other words can only work 5m to 7m away from the paired transmitter in reality. If there is obstruction on the way, the link drops.

- It supports Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP) profile. Means high quality stereo audio playback, of course audio reproduction depends on speakers performace, which is not bad and subjective. Advance Audio Distribution feature works with the transceiver supports Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and above. So, need to be sure your laptop, or dongle on the source side support this.

- Forward, Backward buttons are ineffective when listening to music on the browser, Firefox, from Grooveshark. Sure, it is application related issue. My colleague has purchased one to use with Spotify. The buttons work with Spotfy application on Firefox.

Have tried with Tesco's Technica cheap and cheerful Bluetooth dongle which only works with Headset profile. The result is mono and low quality sound. Hence, again you need to be sure, your source side supports Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and above as mentioned.

It works with HP ProBook 4510s laptop with Windows 7 very well. Normally, the speakers of the laptop are muted. Press the multifunction button of the headset to wake it up. It connects to the laptop and register itself as a main audio output. Windows 7 diverts the audio output to it and remembers its speaker settings as well. This is great!

Works with Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android smart phone perfectly...

Recomended...
0Comment53 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2010
i just received these headphones yesterday and it connected to my nokia and ps3 seamlessly without hassle, voice quality is perfect no background noise, while using it on the ps3 my voice was clear as my mates told me so and overall music quality on theses are loud and clear. Really comfortable as-well as the noise-cancellation works well. People who have problems with cutting out and problems with signal when your phone is in your pocket then you should charge them to the max, because if the battery is low then these problems will occur so charge them. Battery Life is so far long; i charged it straight from the box for around 2 hours and its been on the whole day and the next.

My only problem with this item and i dont i think its a big problem is that when these headphones are paired with any device the blue LED will flash every 7 seconds while its connected, it can be solved if you cover it or something.

Anyway these were a great buy; best blue-tooth wireless headphones so far just hope they don't break and if you check the supplier website they are selling these same pair for less of the price so check that out>> [...]
on 3 October 2010
Headphones look a bit clunky but once on they are fine. Good sound quality.
I use them at the gym whilst running and there is no break up. The range seems to be about 20 feet or so before you lose signal.
Would recommend.