on 5 October 2010
I bought this little bike for my 3 year old daughter as my husband had sat on her trike and broke the seat. She was just getting used to riding it too! But her older sister had a proper bike and she was constantly trying to get onto this, so I decided to get her a cheap pedal bike and saw this one on the Amazon website. I am so pleased I purchased it. We bought my older daughters bike from Amazon as well and they are so quick and simple to put together, she was riding it within the hour. She was absolutely over the moon with it and loves being on it. She loves the fact she can put one of her dolls in the back as well. (My older daughters bike doesn't have one of these and she was a little put out that she didn't have one on her bike).

Would definitely recommend this bike. Very good value for money.
on 3 June 2011
This bike looks the part, my 3 year old loved it when we bought it for her birthday. It has everything a little girl would want - pink and purple colours, a seat for teddy / baby, streamers on the handlebars etc. It's about as girly as you could get.

However, the wheels on this bike are terrible quality - they were both warped on arrival and the 'tyres' on the bike are not inflatable or removable so when they wear out that's that. To get the stabilisers on, you need to completely deform the chain guard.

Most importantly though, the stabilisers on this bike do not keep the bike upright - I have lost count of the number of times my daughter has toppled over. If you turn the handlebars too quickly, the bike topples. If you go across anything more than a very slight slope, the bike is in danger of toppling. You need to be constantly at your child's side to catch them whilst riding.

The whole point of using stabilisers is to give your child confidence riding by themselves and a sense of independence. You don't get that with this bike. Compare this to the little Raleigh we bought our son when he was that age - he could rattle around on any ground, slopes, anything at any speed and I could sit back and relax.

For a similar price, you can get a much better bike with proper wheels and tyres, a geometry that is stable and will inspire your child to take cycling further. If you value your child's safety and want to encourage them to cycle, I would definitely avoid this bike.
11 comment52 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2009
Our little girl really loved this bike, she got for christmas. It was much more sturdy than I expected and I can see her getting at least a couple of years out of this bike before we have to get another one. The colour is brill too. Would definately recommend this bike.
on 18 May 2012
I bought this item for my daughters 4th birthday. It was a pain to put together and after only 4 weeks of having it the brakes broke, then 2 weeks later the stabilisers came off! This was her first bike and it was not worth the money Learnt for net time to get a bike from a store rather from the internet. Not impressed!
on 11 August 2015
Bought this for my 3 year old. Great product. Only criticisms are that the handle bars don't have much room to raise and the assembly instructions aren't very user friendly.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 May 2015
I bought this bike for my two year old daughter who is trying to pedal her trike but because of the sitting position was really struggling. She loved this bike and as soon as she jumped on is making great progress at pedalling, she will be cycling round in no time! Worth the money, good quality and looks great.
on 9 October 2012
Bike delivered fairly quickly, which I was happy with. It's a really nice sturdy frame. The instructions that come with it are easy to follow and the bike itself is pretty easy to put together. You're pretty much supplied with all the tools that you need, I can't remember if I did need anything extra but the instructions tell you what tools you need anyway. The bike is comfy, the saddle is padded not hard plastic. The seat raises up quite high so it should do for a while. My daughter loves the streamers at the side, tho she does insist on pulling them all off. The Dolly seat at the back is also pretty simple to attach but the little strap that comes with it to tie dolly in is flimsy and is quite easily lost.
I had it made in about 20/25 mins. The brakes work really well on first testing it once assembled and there have been no problems with it since bought.
A very good first bike.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2010
Our daughter has just learnt to ride a bike, so we brought this bike for her birthday just to keep her going until next year when she will need a bigger bike. That is why we did not spend much on it.

The bike is quite plasticy and not very smooth to ride.

I would spend a little more next time to get a bike that feels like it will last more than 6 months!!

My daughter loves it and loves the baby carrier at the back.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2011
ordered this bike for my daughters 3rd birthday,an i was very pleased wit it perfect first bike.real lovely girlie bike wit dollys seat an tassles an nice bright colours,she is over the moon wit it,fantastic price and easy enough to put together
on 7 February 2010
This is a very good value first bike. Very girlie colours and a handy seat for bear or dolly. Only drawback is for the smaller child if you have the seat in its lowest position then you can't attach dollies seat, but this is only a temporary drawback until your child grows a little (which i hope my daughter does in time for summer bike rides with her toys).

This bike does need to be constructed once it arrives so remember to set aside some child free time to do this.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse