on 3 December 2010
I bought this fryer a few weeks ago, and although I've only used it three or four times, so far I'm very impressed. It makes brilliant chips considering it only takes a third of the oil of my old fryer.
I was going to go for the Tefal that boasts only needing a teaspoon of oil, but I was put off by reliability reports, plus it is reported to be noisy and slow. This Delongi is neither!
on 4 November 2010
Simple to use and so little oil only. The frying was esactly the same as one with a full barrel of oil. Good buy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We have had our De'Longhi deep fryer for a couple of months now. It fries food perfectly the rotary system means that everyhing we have tried comes out crisp on the outside but not spoiling the inside. The downside is the lid, when you try to open the fryer after a few uses it completely detatches at a rate of knots a very hot lid flying through the air and an open pan of oil..... this is clearly a design flaw which needs to be addressed.

The fryer cooks food very quickly and it is easy to clean this product with a lid that stays on it would be perfect.
on 8 November 2010
Great piece of kit & only uses 1 litre of oil because of the unique rotary action.
Easy to operate & clean.
The lid closes when in use which is a great safety feature.
The viewing window on top allows you to check on your cooking without having to open up.
So far I am very satisfied with the performance of this Fryer & is by far the best one I have come across.
My only disappointment was that the unit was fitted with a Euro 2 pin plug which does not comply with the GB electrical standards. This was not a problem for me because I simply cut the wire near the plug & fitted a standard 3 pin plug.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2011
We purchased the De'Longi F28311 Roto Fry from Amazon on 21st July 2011 and haven't been to a chip shop since.
With just over one litre of vegitable oil you can fry 1Kg of chips, this was enough for two big portions for me and the wife and a smaller one for the mothering law who lives a couple of doors away. What was amazing was that the chips did not come out at all greasy, but were crisp and tasted great'. We held off getting one because we heard stories that chips done in a deep fat fryer came out soft and greasy. Not the case with the De'Longhi F28311. This we discovered was down to the chips being immersed when the oil is at just the right temperature and also the dipping and draining action of the rotating basket.
Once you decide on the best potatoes for you (we have settled on Maris Piper) and tweeked the cook time a minute or two for your own browning preference, you end up with fantastic tasting non-greasy chips; If you've ever had that stoggy feeling after eating a good portion of chips you will know what I mean when I say that you don't feel at all guilty!
You do need to seperate them a bit once you come to plate them up from the cooking basket, but it's no hassle. Once done, wait for the oil to cool then drain back into original bottles for next time, I can't understand why none of the oil seems to have been used, because the same amount appears to go back into the bottles! We have used the same oil for about eight cooking sessions and the oil still looks clean, but we have only used it to cook chips so far. Cleaning is easy, I wipe out any remaining oil with tissue, flush it through with a couple of jugs of soapy water, dry and put it away for next time.

To summerise, we got a great deal on price from Amazon on this one and would recommend this model for it's performance and ease of use. Get one and become a "High Fryer"!
on 24 January 2011
brilliant--actually does what is said on the label!Impressed with the safety features. Healthier alternative for cooking fried food.Fast and efficient and easy to clean.
on 8 July 2011
At first when we got this we were mildly disappointed at the quality of chips coming out was not as good as our previous fryer and the mechanism for raising/lowering the basket seemed a bit flaky.

However, after about 3 months, the explosive spring on the lid became more and more of a liability. This eventually reached a point where pushing the button to open the lid would cause it to physical jump right off! It became so dangerous that we decided to get rid of it and are now looking for a replacement.

I would strongly avoid this one.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2012
Had one of these when they came out years ago & loved it then. Happy to say the one i got recently is even better. Ordered it from Amazon & had it in 5 days which is faster than most companies manage when delivering to Northern Ireland.Thinking about it everything i've ordered from Amazon is delivered quickly & securely.
Have to say the chips from my Roto fryer are delicious much nicer than the actifry i had. I had my actifry for a few years & it did the job well for the most part. I just didn't think the chips were as good as a fryer.It makes a good chilli though. My De'Longhi Roto Fryer is very quick & as it doesn't use as much oil as a normal fryer is cheaper to use & does't drown everything in oil.
If you love chips get this. This is my opinion but i don't think you'll regret it. YUMMY!
on 12 July 2011
Well at first it was great, however after a few uses I noticed hot oil had dripped down into the hinge recess, there being nothing to contain it. I was surprised to say the least that after the 6/7th use, after the cooking time had elapsed, on pressing the lid button it flew open..and the lid continued going landing upside down on the work surface. How dangerous was that? I thought..must be a one off..nope, it repeated it's strange performance last evening. But in trying to catch the lid I burnt the top of my thumb on the see through glass which was extremely hot!!!
Now it appears the hot oil actually lubricates the hinge ( which is designed to be removed for easy washing )and that along with the strength of the opening spring, makes for an interesting experience!!!

DO NOT buy this until Delonghi sort out the problem..IT IS VERY DANGEROUS

Delonghi..please take note as I have already contacted you - without reply !!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2011
As a "fryer" this is an excellent product and fries evenly and quickly and the viewing window is a great boon. However, the lid is extremely dangerous as it has a spring on it that would stand comparison with the spring on "Ronnie Barker's" cash register in "Open All Hours". When you press the button to open the lid it springs up with such force that it rocks the fryer backwards, threatening to spill hot oil all over you and at the same time it then detaches itself from the body of the fryer. The lid is easily re-inserted but it is only held in place by a "sprung" system and the other spring is far stronger. When the lid jumps off you then risk burning your hands on it when you pick it up to re-attach it. As I said a great fryer and a great idea overall etc.with the tilted bowl but it fails through lack of research into the operation of the lid. I would not buy one again as I do think it is a major design failing and dangerous.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse