Style Name: White-1800-wattsChange

on 14 November 2010
I really like this fryer,it's very neat & compact.I cooked some home-made scotch eggs & they came out perfect thanks to the thermostat guage.I can't believe the price,it really is super value for the money.You do need to be careful of the casing however as it is rather warm to the touch,just use common sense & let it cool before you move it.Another nice touch is the basket,if you put the handle in the upright position which raises the basket you can shake off the excess fat by tapping the handle a few times with your finger from underneath.All the fumes are contained with the lid down & the filter seems to do a good job of absorbing them.Of course you're asking does it make nice chips-yes it does!
0Comment53 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2013
I bought one of these nearly a year ago with a two year guarantee and it has been great. However, It suddenly stopped working without warning. The two lights stayed on despite using the on/off switch on the front and it didn't heat at all. I have contacted Russell Hobbs FIVE times now by e-mail in the past month. I got an e-mail only to ask for fault details and serial number in a letter to them which I posted straight away. I have had no confirmation or information on what is happening. I asked in my last e-mail just for information and had nothing back. It is very poor customer service as far as I can see. I did read the reviews since and sad to see the bad reports on it. There are many failures with this model and even a few saying the replacement has also failed or didn't last long. A tidy looking piece of kitchen equipment but obviously needs more technical modifications. I haven't even had the chance of finding that out for myself. It doesn't take a month to e-mail me a response let alone send me a replacement. Very disappointed as they have a good reputation.
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2010
This item was sent to me as a replacment for another Russell Hobbs fryer. After 8 months of fairly light use, it no longer heats to the required temperature. After experiencing two Russell Hobbs fryers that each lasted less than one year, I will be buying a different make in future.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2011
Wouldn't heat after using for a few months.Returned it to Russell Hobbs & received a replacement.Same thing happened with 2nd one.Would not advise anyone to buy...
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2011
Russell Hobbs 17892 Deep Fat Fryer with Observation Window i was delighted with my purches 1 of the best chip fryers i have every had and delivery was also very quick
on 16 November 2011
Russel Hobbs are not short of wonderful praise for themselves and products but the rhetoric does not match the product, not in this case. This is a nice looking small compact deep fat fryer but mine just shorted out in no uncertain audible fashion fusing lights etc in the process. Ten months of modest use and it is a scrapper. You really should get a year or two at least if the manufacturing company lays claim to such high standards as they do.
on 16 November 2014
Good post and packaging. I have had a Russell Hobbs before but it was family size. This one l have now is more for a 2 people family. Perfect for the two of us! Makes lovely chips and the right amount. Definitely recommend to family and friends.
on 3 January 2010
Lid is not fitted correctly, failing to open when release catch is pressed. Release catch could be operated by simultaneously pressing the rear of the lid and the release catch, which is not an option when full of hot oil. I have returned this item for a refund - do not want a replacement.
0Comment25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2009
Broke in less than 3 months of not very heavy use. Only gave it a star because zero stars wasn't an option.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2015
Never again will I buy this product. I was using it last night when it went bang. It blew the fuse and stopped my tumble dryer for a few moments until we switched the fuse of the fuse box. I've only had it nine months. I'm not very impressed and would like to warn others steer clear of this product.