on 16 February 2014
A subtly flavoured classic Speyside malt, with more depth and character than Glenfiddich (Balvenie's sister brewery), not as light as Glenmorangie. Plenty of character developed over 12 years in two barrels. Very reasonably priced for the excellent quality. Always recommended.
on 24 January 2016
My wife bought me a small gift pack of this for our anniversary and I was so taken with it I bought a full bottle that night.

The smoothness and complexity achieved from the bourbon and sherry cask combination makes for a smooth whisky with a complexity beyond its 12 year aging. Honey and floral notes, sweet woody finish and a gentle smolder on the way out.
on 13 January 2013
This was bought as a Christmas gift for my husband who loves single malt and particularly those matured in sherry casks.
Prior to this malt, his favourite was Dalwinnie, but that has now firmly gone to number 2 in his charts. He loves this so much that we had to buy a second bottle for his recent birthday.
Postage and packing was reasonable and delvery was excellent. The sheer convenience of not having to trawl the shops was well worth the extra.
on 8 July 2013
As an off the shelf (supermarket available) single malt whisky, this is outstanding. Whisky is one of the most difficult drinks to review because its such a personal taste but this is one you should try out. It took a couple of years before I got around to trying 'The Balvenie 12 year Doublewood' but now It's the only 'moderately inexpensive' Whisky I buy. When I eventually pass away, I hope I am buried in a cask of this fine tipple.
on 8 August 2013
I was converted after a special Balvenie event in London in the spring of 2013. For me this is a great whiskey for beginners and people with a sweet tooth.
Warm it up in your hands for a really special aroma.
on 22 January 2015
Stunning malt, easy to drink, very light.
on 2 January 2014
A lovely packaged, delicious tasting whiskey. Definitely one to savour!
A lovely whiskey for a special occasion,
Good price too.
on 6 December 2013
A great tasting a very smooth malt. once tried you'll want more just like I did. I will definitely order another bottle when this one is finished. It was supposed to be for xmas, but what the heck!
on 22 December 2015
Great and recieaved the next day
on 15 November 2013
Just ordered my second bottle as the first seemed to be the favoured tipple by friends. It is defo on my want list just behind craggenmoore