Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 5 March 2010
I waded though loads of reviews & a common comment was about weight - either "this one is not for granny" or "because of the weight, I divide my ironing into two sessions." So,I ignored brand & colour & picked the lightest I could find. I was surprised by the size of the soleplate (much bigger than my old iron) but it makes for quicker ironing. Definitely the iron for grannies, the limp-wristed & any lady who doesn't have hands like a navvy.
33 comments| 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2010
It is smooth, glides well, gets rid of creases and doesn't spit out dirty water. Good value for money
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2011
Look, I'm a bloke, I'm 61 years of age. I'd never ironed before but the old one broke when my wife was in hospital. Bought this one as it was cheap and have no complaints. Seems to do the job it's designed for. In fact have enjoyed ironing so much I'm still doing it now she's out. Nice to put on some music and wind down with a relaxing new pastime.
99 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2010
This iron is a comfortable weight to use. The Steam Jet is highly efficient & the footplate glides with minimal effort. This iron makes a boring mindless task into a bearable one. I AM PLEASED with it!!!!!! Bonks
on 21 September 2010
This is a great iron, particularly if you have loads of ironing to do as it does not make your arm ache. Have tried loads of irons and this is the best. Easy to fill and you don't spill stuff everywhere.
Good value too
on 14 November 2011
This is a lovely iron, although like one of the other reviewers comments it is thirsty, but to me the worst thing about it is the very short flex, it barely reaches from my socket which is just above the skirting to the middle of the ironing board and is certainly not long then enough left to travel the length of it !!
on 27 October 2011
This iron is brilliant. It looks good and irons well. You can use ordinary water. Why would you want to pay more?
on 16 September 2013
I'm glad I didn't review this purchase when I bought it a year ago, because at first it seemed fine but having used it for a year I can now give a proper review of this iron: this is the worst iron I have ever bought. Don't buy it. It leaks water out of the handle (yes, strange and worrying I know) if you fill it up more than half with water and spits great puddles onto the board when you move it from ironing position to upright. Also it suddenly heats up randomly while you are ironing, so that the iron suddenly starts sticking to/burning the clothes and you get black on the plate - and on your white shirts! The steam and spray buttons start sticking if you are ironing for longer than about 30 minutes, making the ironing experience even more frustrating. Plus the lead seems quite short. And it's so lightweight that it topples over very easily.

I hate it.
on 6 December 2010
The iron was nice to handle and lightweight as advertised. The water reservoir was easy to fill and the steam controls convenient. To be really picky, I would have liked the flex to be a little longer.
on 3 January 2011
According to my wife who does the ironing in our house, it handles well, it looks well-built and it gives an excellent finish BUT it drinks like a fish requiring a refill after every 3 garments, unlike previous irons that she's used.