Format: DVD|Change

on 9 November 2009
Having followed Cliff and the Shadows since the early 70's both together and as indivicual units, this DVD is just another great example of their superb performance!

Following Hank Marvin's guitar style has been a hobby of mine since 1976 and this DVD also gives me the chance to watch how he plays the songs and to get the great Hank sound.

When you consider that most of these songs were recorded over 40 years ago, they sounded good then, since then they have played thousands of performances and recorded literally hundreds of numbers, and on this DVD are really on great form.

On this DVD of their reunion concert are a lot of our old favourites and also a nice batch of Shadows numbers which is also good to see.

Ask yourself how many of today's pop stars will be around in 40 or 50 years?

Do they have the star quality that Cliff and the Shadows posess?

I doubt there will be many that will last as long , remember Cliff and the Shadows is the most successful UK band of all time!

If you didn't get to see them in concert, then this DVD gives you the next best thing.

Let us hope they continue as long as possible.
on 24 November 2009
My wife & I were at the O2 Arena when the DVD was recorded (Sat. 26th. Sept.`09).

I have been a huge Cliff fan ever since I heard the first few bars of "Move It" in 1958 & was personally introduced to him, at his house in Cheshunt, a year or so later....(by his ex-girlfriend).
I admit that I am completely biased & must say that Cliff is the nicest person I have ever met in my entire life!

The whole show was absolutely perfect...both Cliff & the Shadows gave wonderful performances & I was totally gutted that this was the last time in my life that I would ever see them perform together.

This DVD has cheered me up almost completely, as it PERFECTLY CAPTURES the entire show & hardly anything has been edited-out, thus enabling us to re-live this great experience again & again!

I would gladly have paid ten-times the asking price!Cliff Richard And The Shadows - The Final Reunion [DVD] [2009]
on 9 November 2009
Great DVD, Excellent production and wonderful sound, it was hard to believe that there was no lipsyncing or back tracking, but you can always tell if its being used and it was definately not.A great performance and I can honestly say that they are all better now than before, especially the Shadows singing.
I highly recommend this DVD
on 7 November 2009
DVD arrived yesterday and played at full volume today! Disappointing packaging (not even a set list on the box and no booklet or anything inside) but the DVD itself is superb. Picture quality excellent as we've come to expect, but the sound, or rather the musicianship, amazed me - to the extent that you have to convince yourself it's all 'live' and not subsequently overdubbed or enhanced by several hidden muso's. It isn't, of course, they are simply amongst the most consummate professionals in the business and they have been doing some of this stuff since I was born (1959). Apart from the basic Shadows 4 piece + Cliff there are two keyboard players who double up on some harmonies, but basically it's the original band (apart from no Jet Harris of course, and for the ultra-pedantic Brian Bennett wasn't actually the very first Shads drummer either). Whatever Hank B Marvin uses on his hair, I want some. And finally Cliff, however many times we've squirmed a bit over the years, is simply excellent - he moves well, looks good and above all sings like only he can - and there's definitely no lip-synching here X Factor fans! In a nutshell, they may not be the Young Ones anymore, but you wouldn't know it. Fantastic value, probably better than being there. Buy it for your Gran, parents, kids, yourself!
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 December 2009
This concert is everything it should be: Cliff & the boys are in such amazing shape, it's hard to believe they're all Old Age Pensioners! They're on top form, and the O2 Arena is packed. I must admit I prefer Cliff's rockers to the ballads, but he's a complete professional whatever he does.

The picture and the editing are both excellent — as is the sound, which provides a choice of Dolby 2.0 or 5.1.

But not only does Amazon not provide a set list — there isn't even one on or in the DVD case! So I give it below:

01) Reunion 2009 (Introduction)
02) We Say Yeah

13) Wonderful Land
14) The Savage
15) Sleepwalk

16) High Class Baby
17) I Could Easily Fall (in Love With You)
18) Willie and the Hand Jive

39) Visions
40) Move It
41) Singing the Blues
42) The Young Ones

For those who want more Shadows, there is of course their wonderful Final Tour DVD as well.

My only regret is the absence of Jet Harris. Can there still be bitterness even after fifty years? Oh well.
66 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2009
My initial plan was to buy the CD and skip the DVD. But after reading observations of people attending the concerts, I changed my mind and I am glad I did. What a show. I am a perpetual Shadows fan and I can state without hesitation that this is one of their best live performance. It is once again a testimony to the group's unique and inimitable sound. Highly recommended.

Selim Bozok
on 14 November 2009
I was amazed to how quickly this DVD came out prior to their last UK date concert at Wembley Arena on Friday the 23rd October 2009. This DVD has been filmed at the 02 Arena London on Saturday the 26th September 2009 and it is a highly recommended! EXCELLENT DVD and will take you back once more to their show when you watch it. I have been a long time Cliff and The Shadows fan and they have all their biggest hits on here including their new single 'Singing The Blues'. The picture and sound quality is of excellent!. I played mine through a 5.5 surround system and sound is very good and clear!. My only niggle is, why isn't there a Blu-Ray version of this disc?. Packaging is good but would have been better was to include a booklet with information and of photo's from various venues of their show!. There is a behind the scenes on the bonus feature and would also have been nice was to include some photo's and also maybe some more footage of the other venues they played to (like at one night it was Cliff's Birthday and would have been nice to have had some footage of that night's concert too! as they sang Happy Birthday to him.) Overall this DVD plays for 2 and a 1/4 hours. It shall be a great memory for the show and a must buy for the fans! who went and also for people who maybe couldn't attend as the concert was sold out across the country. I would have preferred the Wembley concert to have been filmed! but this just shows us how big a venue the 02 has become for events like this!.

I do hope The Shadows & Hank continues to record and perform as they played so well and sounded so great!. Cliff will go on and on! I want these guys to go on and on! as there is no one that can play or sing like them!. Hank is the best guitarist around and Brian the best drummer! Thank You so much for your great talent(s)you all are so good! and nice nice people!
on 19 November 2009
The memories came flooding back when I started watching this DVD.Cliff and the Shadows back on stage and in very good shape in every sense.Many highlights best of all The Shadows two sets,Cliff singing " I Love You " , Gee Whiz Its You ,Time Drags By ,the list could go on all night.Really recommend this DVD it really captures the atmosphere of the recent tour. BUY IT NOW.
on 20 February 2012
Suppose all four Beatles would be alive and gave, some fourty years after their break-up a reunion concert. How would that sound and how would it look?
We'll never know, but Cliff Richard and the Shadows are very much alive and their reunion concert sounds great, as if they never left the stage, and in fact, they never did. Although it was many years ago since they toured for the last time, they did a gig here and there and they were never far away.
Their final reunion may be their last world tour, but I bet they will perform somewhere again. Until then, this dvd is good for almost two hours of wonderful nostalgia. And: they may have grown older, the sound is as young as it ever was. Five stars, and only while six stars can't be given!
on 29 October 2009
Absolutely brilliant, he never performs badly and i have been to see him all over at many concerts and he always ups his performance, it was really great to see them all back together and you could see they are all enjoying it, what a great show,i have seen it 3 times, and what such energy, so many old and great songs to sing along too, the only thing is you realize how old you are when you can sing along to them all, may you reign forever cliff, i'm your most devoted fan, Julie from Kent