on 19 January 2010
I was delighted to receive this practice net as a Christmas present and, despite the snow, managed to set it up in the garden to try out. Set-up instructions were clear but it took a while on my own, though it should be very simple with two people. All went well until, after only a few hits, one of the lower ties which secures the hitting area at the bottom of the net just detatched itself. I can still use the net but will now need to spend some time sewing the tie back in place before I can use it without causing further damage.

Shame it wasn't made well enough in the first place. As it was a gift I can't easily return it now, especially as it's been set up in the garden. Clearly, with a golf ball striking the hitting area probably in excess of 80 mph it's going to take some punishment. This part of an otherwise excellent design is clearly not robust enough for the purpose in my case.
on 24 August 2009
Easy to erect and is well made (we have been using ours for the last three months and had no problems). Good value for money considering that you also get 24 golf balls as well.
on 30 July 2011
Great net, highly recommended. Im not very good, only just started playing.
on 14 December 2009
its a lot bigger than it looks in the photos
very well made
i am very happy with it

1 thing i will say, if like me you want to set it up indoors you must know that it makes a lot of noise
on 29 August 2011
I recieved the 'Links Choice Pro Size Golf Driving Net with 24 Golf Practice Balls' about a week ago now.

Reading previous reviews on people having great difficulty putting it up made me a little hesitant to try on my own, but I cracked on with it anyway, and I have to say it was stupid simple to do. I managed it, with little in the way of cursing and stress inside of 15 minutes and was smashing balls into it in no time at all.

The quality of the net and and frame is sufficent enough to keep the balls from ending up in next doors kitchen, and it takes up very little in the way of square feet space on the ground. I generally stand about three metres from the net, and use all my clubs including my driver and 3 wood, and so far it hasnt budged a bit.

The lake balls you get with this net are sufficent enough to use with the net, as lets face it, there intended purpose with this purchase does not require them to be in 'like new' condition.

It has been an extra bonus for me to be able to get more time practicing my swing and getting the art of the swing right, after professional lessons, away from the course and in a safe environment where I can concentrate undistracted by other people cursing in the driving range bays next to me.

If you are like me, a complete beginner with the intention of improving your swing so that you can get used to the motion in practice before hitting the course, then this net will be more than sufficent for your needs. Or for those who would like to hit a few balls to unwind after a harsh day at work, without the inconvenience of having to go to the driving range, this will do the trick for you!!!
on 1 November 2011
Me and my friend our using this instead of paying all the time to go to the driving range. The nets perfect for us and were beginning to get pretty good I'd say. I recommend it.
on 18 July 2015
Great to groove your swing, the only problem is the sheet with the design on makes your shots sound like a gun going off, too loud!!, so i have tied an old bed sheet folded in half over the design sheet, this reduces the sound to a muffle, thinking of people who live next door and others.
on 12 July 2015
Set it up and used it with irons no problem, but I did use my own mat as the one provided was useless. Next day gave it a go with a driver and the ball went straight through the target sheet leaving a 'rip hole'. Now I am 65 years old with a thirteen hcp and have used these before (different make) and so not being as strong as I was 20 years ago I was less than please with the resulting hole from my shot. It is described as a driving net and I can assure you it is nothing of the kind. Now on it's way back to Amazon.
on 11 October 2013
I Love golf - I love this net. A little difficult to understand the 'erecting' instructions but once I got the hang of it - up it went.
I would recommend this to any golfer hoping to improve his game.
on 24 May 2015
Good for using practice balls on or just practicing technique slowly with real balls. If you want a net to practice driving with I'd go elsewhere as the net is not robust enough and feels too cheap for a full swing. The mat it comes with is pathetic, not fit for purpose at all. Its just a small cut of cheap turf. The lake balls wouldnt even meet grade C standards. Some are actually range balls, and not even nearly new ones at that.