Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.99

on 29 April 2000
I am a big fan of the Mediaeval Baebes and have heard many rumours about this album. When i first heard it i thought it was pretty cool how John Cale has mixed in the modern ambient beats to the enchanting lyrics. The whole album is about spring,positivity and people getting drunk. And if you are wondering what Undrentide means, it is the time of day humans go to sleep and the fairies come out to play. It is a magical album and i recomend it to any person who likes a bit of the unusual.
on 12 May 2000
This is an excellent album which easily manages to maintain the impressive standards set by 'Salva Nos' and 'Worldes Blysse'. The beautiful 'Quan Vey La Lauzeta' and 'Besse Bunting' stand out initially from amongst the the 18 tracks, but further listenings reveal the sheer quality of the music throughout. There's even a rendition of 'Summerisle' from the film 'The Wicker Man' and you can't get any better than that !
on 6 May 2004
The best baebes album. Quan Vey la Lauzeta is the standout track and hauntingly beautiful. I recommend all their albums but as a starting point for those who have never heard them, then this album is the best introduction.
on 27 June 2005
I had heard of the Babes some time ago. But had not had the opportunity to listen to their music. To be honest, i thought the music would be some sort of New Age rock. And it was not until actually seeing them at a festival and thus hearing their music, that i realised how DIFFERENT and true to their name that they actually were. I immediately started looking for an albulm, and was drawn to Undrentide. And was quite happy that i had made this choice. As the whole albulm is hauntingly melodic, beautifully sung and full of medieval magic. And just pure in content. Also, the fact that the artists sing certain songs in olde English tongue, and in some parts Latin, was most impressive. A very creative, unusual albulm that does manage to transport you to the old times!
on 11 September 2009
Very different from their first CD but this one also has many good numbers. Having been at many of their concerts I have noticed they always play the same 3 or 4 off this CD which is why I bought it.
on 26 March 2009
This is my first Mediaeval Baebes album and it was a lucky find for me. As previous reviewers say, the sound is haunting and melodic, and conjures up some wonderful images.
on 30 April 2015
A fantastic collection of music from the Mediaeval Baebes. Their voices are stunningly clear, and the music transports one back in time. Having been a re-enactor for many years I've been lucky enough to see the Baebes perform live on several occasions, most recently at Loxwood and in Guildford Cathedral. A number of the songs that they sang at these events are on this album and sound just as I remember them. Absolutely superb.
on 27 March 2013
The Baebes cut the mustard once again.What I really like is the very medieval sounding tracks.I just love the otherworldy atmsophere they conjure at their best whilst still keeping a foot in the realms of songs you like to hear,rather than getting bogged down in the world of truly authentic academic music.Pop music from a different dimension.
on 20 April 2013
I can't listen to music when I'm reading, but when I'm working I love having something on in the background that "goes" with whatever I'm working on. I love all the Baebes' music - I like medieval music in general and this is a very fine example of their style and interpretation.
on 15 March 2012
A 12 girl group performing the songs of centuries ago makes you wonder how they make any money
A reminder of the City Waites and proof that there's always something better if you look for it.
This can slot easily into Classical or Folk Music