on 6 September 2010
I got this for my son when he was a few months old & learning to grab things. It was great at that stage as he could get his fingers through it so it made it easy to pick up, & it has a bell inside which was good for getting his attention & also good as he could get a reaction out of the toy! He's now 10 months & still plays with it, but now he likes to hsake it to hear the bell, & roll it to me in a game.
0Comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2015
Imitation fake!!! Do not buy!!! This is a cheap version of the toy from China with small screws on show a potentially danger to young children! The item is nothing like shown it the picture and does not carry the baby Einstein brand as listed. I wouldn't even let an animal play with this item let alone a baby. I complained and was offered half my money back. I wasn't happy and demanded a full refund and was quite happy to return the item as it wasn't fit for anything but the bin! Not worth the money at all and I would avoid this seller.
review image review image
on 30 March 2011
Got this for my 5 month old. When he first saw it, he reached out with both arms to grab it. It was this first time we saw him do that.

He is now 7 months old and it is still one of his favourite toys. He isn't crawling yet, so he isn't chasing after it. But now when he flings it out of his reach, he really leans forward to try to get it. So, I don't think it will be long until he is crawling to get it. Great developmental toy.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2015
This is a fake! Don't waste your money buying it. It went into the bin as it didn't seem safe for a baby. If I'd known it was coming from China I wouldn't have bought it. It's a pity Amazon doesn't tell us where the seller is based and save us from wasting money on such stuff.
on 21 October 2011
I bought this after reading the other reviews and can confirm that my baby loves this. He is now 14 weeks old and can easily grab on to and rattle the ball, I presume that, when he starts crawling, he will also enjoy being able to roll the ball and crawl after it. A good sturdy product, colourful, good value for money and highly recommended.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2013
Exposed screws within the ball cut my daughters fingers. Do NOT buy. The design is faulty and should be reviewed.
on 17 March 2013
While I was looking for toys for my little boy who was only 7 months old, I came across this little Einstein's ball on Amazon. I decided to order it, and I am so glad that I have as it has been hugely loved by my two youngest children. It is a simple soft plastic ball. The difference from other rattle we own is the design of it. The whole ball has hexagon shaped holes cut out of the main body of it. This means even small babies can grab at the ball with ease, as no matter where they hold the ball there fingers can tighten around the frame of the ball. The ball is made up of many bright colours making it appealing too even the smallest of children.

My little girl is currently using this toy and she loves it as much as my son did. She is only four months old, but she can hold it very easily. It is very light so she can even grab it with just one finger, and as it is not too heavy it will not hurt when little one manages to catch their face with it. We have found this is the only toy she can actually play with independently at this age, and for that reason it is a fantastic first toy.

There is a friendly little caterpillar face pictured on the ball, and of course it acts as a rattle so little one is rewarded with the sounds of a bell as they learn to move it around. My daughter really does love this toy, she thinks it is fantastic and of she manages to knock it out of reach she tries to sit up to move towards it. Her little face lights up whenever she sees it, and she never seems to become bored with it.
As the child grows a little and is beginning to learn to crawl, again this ball can be used to encourage them. By dropping the ball it rolls across the floor creating a jingle sound. This encourages little one to move towards the noise, and the bright colours visually invite little one to follow. I was unable to find an age recommendation for this toy so I guessed that it would be ok for my seven month old baby, and my daughter is happy playing with it at a much younger age. My children never seem to become bored with this ball. Although it is very simple, they find different ways to play with it so it adapts well. It is very durable lasting two children so far with no signs of wear and tear at all.

I would highly recommend this toy to for anyone that has a young child. It is very simple, but the bright colours and rewarding sounds make it perfect for young children. It helps develop find motor skills, and really is a fantastic engaging toy that is very simple. It is very durable as my son used it from when he was seven months old right up until now. He still enjoys rolling it around although he does become a little bored with it after five minutes. Now my youngest daughter plays with this toy, and at such a young age it is the only one she can actually grab on too.
on 6 December 2015
Waited nearly a month for this fake product to arrive. The box is entirely in Chinese so no way of knowing if it conforms to EU safety standards. The item itself is different from the photo advertised. The plastic on the body isn't properly secured and I'm sure that with some boisterous play these will loosen further and become a real choking hazard. Since it is unclear what this is made from there is no way to be sure it is made from plastic and rubber that is safe to chew as babies do.

Do not buy. It looks fun but I wouldn't risk my baby's well being by letting her play with this cheap knock off.
on 17 August 2012
I gave the product 2 stars only for quick delivery. Ball is very small! Im dissapointed about the size of the toy. If I knew it would be that small I would spend little bit more for other one. Not recomended :(
on 24 November 2015
Like many toys on here, this comes from China and is not subject to EU safety standards. It has exposed screws which are sharp and dangerous.