4,858
BRITA MAXTRA Water Filter Cartridges - 12 Pack
Size: 12 PackChange
Price:£29.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 3 March 2010
We recently moved to an area of the country that has extremely hard water. I've been using the Brita water filter system here for a year now, and it absolutely does work. There is no trace of hard water deposits in our heavily used kettle, and the water tastes great. If you read and follow the instructions it does not leave little black bits in the water. I use the filter for a good six weeks (rather than the four weeks it calls for) before replacing it, and have still not seen any lime scale. I do a lot of comparison shopping, and Amazon is the cheapest place I have seen to buy them, as well. It is worth it.
on 31 December 2012
I have a Brita kettle and water jug so use a lot of filters and need to get them at the best price and these certainly were value for money
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After years of putting up with foul tasting water, kettles that didn't last for more than a year and tea / coffee with a scummy residue on top I decided to purchase a water filter. We have been using it now for a couple of months and I have noticed a huge difference in the taste of the water, the look of my tea and coffee and also my kettle doesn't seem to be furring up like it used to.

The Brita jug comes with one cartridge and a sensor which tells you when it is time to change it. It suggests four weeks use but the cartridges do say they last for 100 uses which is roughly a jug refill three times a day for the whole month. If you don't use your water jug that much then the cartridge will last a bit longer even if the sensor tells you to change it.

If you have a Brita Maxtra water filter jug then you do need to purchase these Maxtra water filter cartridges, you can't get away with trying to purchase less expensive ones.

These cartridges come in boxes of four or ten with it being more economical to purchase ten. However, the larger box takes up more storage and you need to outlay more money at the start. I tend to go for the boxes of four as I find it hard to purchase items that are going to last ten months and I just plan to buy more when I need them.

Each of the cartridges are individually packaged in the box so they stay fresh until opened which means that it isn't a problem if you do decide to buy the larger pack.

The cartridges easily click into place inside the inner section of the water filter - just remember not to pull off the ring pull part otherwise they will be difficult to remove - I speak from experience here!
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 26 August 2015
We have been using these for years and our Bosch kettle is certainly appreciative as there has been no limescale build up over about 4-years of use. Have also recently purchased a Bosch Tassimo coffee maker which has a Brita Maxtra water tank meaning you can use the same cartridges in both the normal water tank and the coffee maker.

In terms of purchase the price can fluctuate wildly so I tend to hold one of these in my 'wish list' to get a view as to when the decrease comes along then buy a pack for several months use. Have to admit though I tend to swap over the one in the coffee machine once the month indicator comes up and to then use it in the water filter - after all it has not had much to do with 2 or 3 cups of coffee per day so it seems a waste!

In terms of waste you can recyle old cartridges - simply visit this website (cut and paste) and type in your Postcode. There should be a drop off very close to where you live and also in most major supermarkets: http://www.brita.co.uk/brita/en-GB/cms/dealerfinder/dealerfinder.grid

Overall, a great purchase and if you buy at the right time very cost-effective
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 September 2012
We have been using these water filters cartridges with our water jug BRITA Elemaris Meter XL Black Water Filter Jug for some time now.

We live on the Isle of Wight which is quite a hardwater area, and although I admit to being initially sceptical as to their use, thinking they were just another way to get me to part with money on a regular basis, I have been won over and can definitely see that they work!

The technical description is that the cartridges reduce limescale, chlorine and impurities.

In English they make the water taste better and really cut down on limescale forming in the kettle!

The recommendation is that the cartridge should be changed once a month; we get through about two full jugs of water a day, and have found they are actually effective for upto nearly two months.

The cartridges are very easy to install and are recyclable afterwards, most big supermarkets will take them (we drop off at a collection bin in our local Tesco's).

These cartridges will fit in all BRITA MAXTRA jugs, but do bear in mind you buy the right filters for the right jug (something we didn't initially do!).

The prices Amazon sell them for are generally better than the supermarkets, at the time of writing this review they are about £15.00 for this six pack (I have seen them in supermarkets at around the £30.00 mark for this number, so the Amazon price is a real bargain).

These filters come in a variety of pack sizes, from individual to four packs, this six pack, and eight, twelve and even twenty packs.

I really like this six pack size because we'll hopefully get just about a year out of it; so basically thats about £15 for the year, not too shabby!

Overall a very good product, they definitely work and do make a considerable difference to the taste of the water, your cuppa will never have tasted so good!
on 16 February 2011
Four years ago, use of the filter cartridges allows me to drink better-tasting water.
Since last year, I observed the following in my cartridges:
- broken netting in cartridges, allowing particles to escape
- tiny black particles in my water after pouring from Brita jug
So, I feel as if the quality of cartridges made have gone downhill.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 August 2011
Not much can be said about these filters, they work great, brilliant bargain price. We have problems with the water in our house and when we use these filters we can drink the water with no problems. A great test is when a cup of tea is made, without using filter there is a glaze/film on the tea and with the filter it is clear.

Recommended.
on 10 September 2014
These UK made filters are not of the same quality like the original ones made in Germany,they last for maximum 10 days
on 13 April 2014
I have an aversion to buying water filters but our new fridge last year came with a water system which requires one of these and after tasting the water from it I had to accept it was a much fresher taste. I tried to get by without replacing the original filter but the taste of the water deteriorated when the filter had given its best, although that took a lot longer than the manufacturer says.

I found the price of a year's supply acceptable from this supplier and I'm delighted my drinking water now tastes a lot better again.

The package arrived on time and well wrapped. Ultimately I'm more than happy with my purchase and this seller's abilities.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 31 July 2012
We used to buy Brita for a very long time. We were never disappointed. Very good deal with a 6-pack. Recommended!!!