on 6 June 2010
An excellent product.
I bought these beam converters before going abroad. They were easy to fit although the instructions looked a bit complicated at first.
I had read that they were very hard to remove but they were quite easy.
Turn headlights on for a couple of minutes to warm the converters up and pull the converters off.
Pick of the thin film left behind with your fingernail (a bit fiddly but not too hard).
Spray the remaining adhesive with WD40 and wipe off with kitchen roll or similar. I had to do this stage twice before all of the adhesive came off.
33 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2012
AA Beam Converters

This product did the job as advertised but I found the instructions less than comprehensive.
I fitted the product to a 2012 Ford Fiesta with extremely sloping clear lens. No help was given as to how to find the centre of the lens.
As an engineer this did not cause me a problem but many customers will likely fit the "mask" in the wrong position.
I choose to disagree with this assertion made in the advert that these "Patented" converters are the only way to effect the necessary change especially the inference that you cannot use "tape" (of the correct type and in the correct position)
At the Amazon reduced price of £3.50 I purchased the product so that I could see (confirm) where to fit the "shield" and to remove any possibility that I would be stopped by the Police for using a non Euro approved method!
The product met my needs at a reasonable price and gave me piece of mind. I would have been disappointed had I paid the standard retail price for what is basically a bit of sticky tape, the largest part of which was not required on my vehicle.

On removal the sticky layer was VERY difficult to remove without special cleaners, even after just 5 days!
on 12 August 2012
These arrived promtly. They are exactly the same items as you can buy from a major UK automotive accessories retailer but via Amazon they cost half the price. Being self adhesive they can only be used once so price is important. I have used them many times before and they work very well indeed. Having discovered Amazon's half price source I will be buying them this way in future.
on 18 September 2010
I bought these beam converters for my Volvo S40 mainly to be compliant with European laws, to avoid annoying continental drivers at night while I drive in France, Germany, Belgium etc... Some people could consider these are not necessary as they think they will only drive during day time, the day they are unfortunate enough to have an accident at night abroad their unsurance may not work and they will change their mind. Well back to the product it claimed to "Reflects lights to eliminate dazzle to oncoming drivers". I must say that I have carefully read the instructions during the channel crossing, I have been happy to find the "reference" point indicated for my car's headlamps on the schematic, and then stuck the beam converters as per the instructions... Judging by the reaction of the "oncoming drivers" when I was driving at night in the south of France and Belgium during the summer, I guess these converters must not have been very efficient. Then only reason, but main reason, you should buy them is to be compliant with the law. On the other hand I had no problem to remove them from my headlamps on my way back - like other buyers have mentioned - and would even try to re-use them on my next trip... I would give them 2 stars for efficiency, they get a third as they are much cheaper here than e.g. on the ferry...
on 7 July 2011
This product is very easy to use and very effective. Most importantly it keeps you insured and avoids the possibility of a 90euro on the spot fine if you are in France and your car is not equipped with a beam diverting system. Worse still if you were involved in an after-dark accident you would be unable to make a claim if not equipped: if the accident was your fault then be prepared for much worse to follow.
As someone else has remarked its a pity that they can only be used once.
Just one reminder: TAKE THEM OFF WHEN ON THE TRAIN OR BOAT BEFORE YOU RETURN HOME!
on 4 November 2012
Simple product that does what it says. They're easy to fit (as long as you know what type of bulb your car uses). They even worked on my Renault Clio which has extremely curved headlights - leading to a previous set of divertors falling off mid-journey.
on 15 December 2011
These satisfy the legal requirement to "convert" headlights on RHD vehicles (as in UK) when travelling on european roads. The instructions are a bit difficult to follow as they seem to cover just about every model of car in the UK from the early 90s onwards. Once I'd worked out that firstly the converters needed to be trimmed down to a discs for my car (VW Passat) and, secondly, exactly where on the headlights I needed to attach the resulting sticky plastic discs, actually attaching them is easy enough. However, make very sure you know exactly where they need to be located and get it right first time as unsticking and relocating them is not really achievable. To remove them when you get home you need some solvent, metholated or surgical spirit will do, but for me finally removing all the sticky adhesive was a bit more troublesome and time consuming than expected. Although marketed as "AA" as far as I can tell exactly the same product can be purchased under various other brand packaging. Not a particularly great product, but for £5 these things are relatively cheap, do the job and fulfil the legal requirement.
on 13 April 2010
This Beam converters was great as I used them in France and it has a good leaflet to show you how to fit it on the car which takes only 2 minutes to fit them and 1 minute to remove them when you arrive to the UK and I strongly recomment them to any body travelling to Europe
on 19 April 2011
As a universal product you expect a lengthy document to cover the various fitting options. And you get it. However it wasn't very clear where to fit on my vehicle ( Volvo V70) so had to apply some guesswork. Judging from the number of times I was flashed in France I guessed poorly - or the product doesn't work. Sticking the disc on the lens is straightforward enough, and it stayed on securely for a week, but removal leaves a sticky mess of glue which you need to remove with meths. All in all they're adequate, and comply with the law but I expect there is a better product available.
Bought for driving abroad (naturally) and worked fine.

However, and I know why the manufacturer does this, when removing the glue film peals nicely off these, but sticks pretty solid on the headlamp. OK it can be removed with some meths, but the aim is to stop you reusing them. so one star off for that.

Apart from that, absolutely fine with detailed instructions of how to fit on virtually every car and a website to back this up in case your car is very new or not listed on the paper instructions.