Size: 182W x 106H x 106DcmColour: BlackChange

on 30 January 2011
Bought for our 10 year old for Christmas and he has played with them every day since. Great as he only needs to get one out at a time to practice his goals, easy to pop up, uses a soft ball in the house or pegs it down in the garden, then fold down in a couple of seconds when he has finished and store flat either under the sofa or in the bag that they come with. A great purchase, really happy with them and would recommend.
on 19 July 2011
I've been looking for some reasonable priced portable goals for my daughter for months. When I saw these goals priced @ £19.99 I ordered them straight away.

We have one for the garden and another in the car for when we go to the park.

They come folder away in a handy holdall and I found them very easy to put up and fold away so cannot understand the reviews that say these are difficult to put away! It would have been nice to have two bags but I guess that generally people will use two goals at a time whereas my 3 year old is happy with the one!

Very happy with my purchase and my daughetr loves them which is the main thing!
Size: 121W x 81H x 81DcmColour: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When it comes to football equipment, the first brand that comes to mind is Mitre. That can only be a good thing for our well-loved British firm, given how much Nike and Adidas spend on advertising.

These foldable goals are perfect for kickabouts at a park or in a back garden. Sure, their size won't set the world alight with spectacular goals, but they're ideal as a multi-purpose product.

You can set your own rules for how goals are scored, such as ground passes or side-food shots only, and even use the goals as part of your training regime. I don't play Sunday league anymore unfortunately, but if we had these goals at the time, it would have been a lot more convenient than aiming between a couple of cones and then having to run after the ball afterwards!

The goals also come with a carry case and some pegs of course. It's a little disconcerting when your first unwind and fold the goals back together again, but they appear better quality than what they feel at the very least. If I have one caveat it's that the price is a little steep in my opinion, especially if you wanted to add another set of goals for training a youth squad or such.

On the whole, this is a nice product that will have a broad range uses.
VINE VOICEon 30 December 2015
These are fantastic and I hadn't been aware of pop up goals before now. My son has been really getting into his football at school and wanted to practise at home so we've done many attempts at makeshift goals which he hasn't been impressed with and we didn't have room for a permanent fixture in the garden but these are just what we were looking for.

They come in a flat bag and contain 2 goals that pop up easily - a bit like a play tent and then fold down again into the bag when not in use. These even mean that the children can play indoors if it is wet which they love. Most of the time we just use one so he can practise goals but setting up 2 in the garden has been great for them to have more realistic play matches.

They're a good size and are just what we needed. Recommended if you don't have room for a permanent goal in the garden. We'll be taking these on holiday too - great for travel, camping and more - excellent item.
These pop-up goals are great fun for football drills. They come as a pair and, randomly, look like the head of a massively enlarged tennis racquet when they are folded down and put in their carry bag.

To use these pop-open and are pegged into the ground. Set-up takes literally seconds.

In use they are great fun as they are obviously smaller than a normal goal so mastering them takes a lot of practice, once you start getting your eye and feet locked-in it really is brilliant fun curling in long distance shots. I can imagine these do wonders for training as they not only help with goal shooting but also accurate passing as well.

Set-up and break-down takes a few seconds so its no hassle throwing these up in the garden or a park for a quick kick about.

A really fun product that is well made, feels sturdy and is of the usual Mitre quality.

Excellent
on 13 July 2015
A very disappointing purchase. In theory they're great, pop open and fold back up easily and are sturdy enough for our son to play with BUT the second time we folded them up, one of them some how snapped. We only realised this when we tried to open it back out and it stayed flat. There also doesn't seem to be any way to apply for an exchange.
These medium Mitre Foldable Goal (121 x 81 x 81 cm) goals are bigger than you'd expect when you set them up for little ones (our 6 year old boy), and the two goals are easy to flip up and fold down into the supplied storage bag. Probably best to leave the folding down to adults or older kids though to ensure the poles stay perfect (apparently the corners can start to pop out of the frame if things go awry, and some have damaged the frames jamming them in the car boot, although ours are fine at the moment after repeated use). We also have the zinc coated steel TP 6 x 4 foot Goal that's been lying in our garden for the last 10 years and is still perfect, so that's another option (although we only ever had one TP goal, the older kids [boy and girl] also used it for many other activities outside of football as they could drag it round the garden). However this foldable Mitre pair of goals is far easier to transport down to the village sports field and to take on our camping and beach holidays, so it's very versatile.

The Mitre build quality is pretty good and as it's left stored in the shed, not in the garden when not in use, it should last ages despite being a lot less less indestructible than the TP version. The Mitre plastic pegs supplied aren't any good for our chalk/flint lawn, but being campers we have plenty of solid metal tent pegs suitable for the job. The Mitre goals do bend about when hit hard with the football, so they are well suited to younger preteens, unless used for practice. Overall pretty good value for around £37, but do check out the TP goal as well for youngsters, particularly if you don't need two and you want a goal left out in the garden all the time. Still these Mitre foldable goals do take up very little room in the shed, so 4* (and 5* if they last a few years). Forza also make a very similar set of foldable goals for similar money, although they are bright yellow/black.
VINE VOICEon 19 January 2016
I'm absolutely delighted with these football nets and would hugely recommend them to anybody looking for portable, well made easy to use goal nets.

My initial reaction when they arrived and I got them out of the box was "oh dear, I wish I'd got the bigger ones". They come in a really compact and handy case (a bit like a big tennis racket case) and I imagined that when I folded them out they would be on the small side.

The nets pop out very easily and are a lot bigger than I expected - just the right size for my son who is just under 4. They are great indoors at the moment as they are pretty sturdy as free standing goals. Where I am really looking forward to using them is when the weather gets a bit better and we can take the short walk to the park and sling the case over my shoulder ready to set up a pitch.

The pegs that come with the nets are equally impressive, made of hard plastic that seems very sturdy and chunky - better than fiddly little metal ones which could rust or bend easily.

I was bracing myself for a fiddly time of things in packing them away (having had a similar experience with sun tents for the beach in the past), I nailed it first time and it really is a very simple case of just twisting in opposite directions to get them to pack back down again and slip nicely into the case - the case then slides easily behind a cupboard or similar to keep things neat and tidy.

5 stars all the way with this product - great design, well made, perfect!
Pair of Mitre Foldaway Pop Up Football Goals - Medium - RRP £45

=== OVERALL ===

These 2 pop-up goals are great for the kids to use for knockabout games in the park or back garden as we haven't got space for permanent goals. They'd also be great for adults and teenagers for practice drills for goal shooting and passing. They pop up easily, are free-standing, can be pegged down to stay in place so they don't move when a goal goes in, and pack down flat to store in a handy travel bag. Just over a meter wide (1.2m) and 80cm high. A winner.

=== IN USE ===

I have the medium size goals (1.21m wide x 81cm high x 81cm deep - so quite low) which pop open into a in a semi-circle shape. To use, make sure you're in an area where they can open fully (eg not in a doorway unless it's over a meter wide!), take them out of the bag and they do just literally pop open and are self-supporting. You can use them without pegging down but I'd recommend using the supplied ground pegs so they don't have to be re-set in place each time a ball is knocked into the net.

After use, fold flat and replace in the carry bag when they fold flat to a teardrop shape 90cm x 65cm. There is a bit of a knack folding them up and getting them back in the bag tear-shaped bag; there's an instruction sheet in the bag, but basically twist in half and fold the two halves together. Please note these goals are very lightweight which means they are easy to transport but that they won't stand up to rough handling (though will of course stand up to having a football kicked into them), so take care when folding them back up again and putting them in the bag.

What you get:
- Teardrop shaped storage bag
- Pair of pop-up goals
- Little pouch with 6 plastic pegs
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2016
I've had a pair of mini-goals for the back garden for quite some time now, of the connect the tubes and attach the net variety. Although easy enough to set up, they do take a while and inevitably get left out in all weathers, much to their detriment.

These Mitre goals are foldable, so with a twist they fold up into pretty much half their size and can be inserted into their carry bag. The folding mechanism works quite well, they are a bit stiff and you have to get the knack of twisting them in the right way, but it comes with practice. Assembled they are reasonably sturdy and obviously benefit from being pegged into the ground.

I recommend using a ball smaller than size 5, or if using that size, go for a plastic ball. The weight of a regular size 5 ball is too much for these goals and they will ultimately get damaged. They are much better with a smaller ball, and as that also helps your skills, even better!

Once stowed in their bag, they still have a pretty large surface area, but as they are flat they can easily be hung or leant against a wall and will also fit into just about any car boot. All of the components seem to be well made and should last a while. Currently these goals are priced at £38 on Amazon, so they aren't the cheapest, but certainly worth a go as they are one of the better examples of mini-goal that I have come across.