on 16 October 2011
This is an excellent product and works very well. The second time I have had the need to use one - yes I might be accident prone! The first one lasted through wearing a leg cast for 4 weeks, showering daily with no leakage. I have no doubts that the new one will last through this bout of 6 weeks in leg cast again!
However, before you buy from here - I would recommend that you contact the manufacturer direct. They are very friendly and helpful, next day delivery and also half the price !!
0Comment46 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2012
This is an excellent cast protector which I've found to be totally effective when used in the shower.

About 12 years ago I had a foot operation needing a plaster cast for 6+ weeks. At that time I didn't know about this type of protector and used plastic bags held up with rubber bands to keep the cast dry when showering. These always seemed to let water seep in somewhere and were pretty unsatisfactory all round. When I was planning for the same operation on the other foot recently I did my research and came across this protector, which I bought and have been using for a month (I also bought a bathseat).

It is easy to put on and take off and has never let in even a drop of water. The plastic material is robust and I've never felt there was any danger of tearing (though I do wear an old walking sock around the cast to provide a barrier). The rubber seal at the top is perfect - it is a soft rubber which grips enough to keep the protector in place and to keep out water though remains comfortable and doesn't leave a mark afterwards. The plastic sheds water and dries quickly.

All in all this has helped to make recovery less of an ordeal and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to shower while wearing a plaster cast.
on 15 November 2010
I bought this limb protector to cover my ilizarov frame (approx 60cm circumference) on my lower leg. Have used it a few times now and it has proved to be a great help, I could shower without the worry of getting the pin sites & dressings wet. We did cover the frame by putting the leg inside a pillow case first then inserted into the 'Limbo' makes application and removal much easier and also protects the 'limbo'.
I didn't purchase the protector from here but wanted to review as have not seen many for this product. I must say if you need help ring the manufacturer they will advise on sizes required quite happliy.
on 1 December 2011
This is an excellent wound/plaster protector for when showering. Because of a long lasting problem I've been using this for many weeks and can vouch that the rubberised band remains waterproof and keeps its shape after lots of usage (I had used a different sort prior to this which had a wide plastic type of top and that leaked after a few weeks). The rubberised/elastic band expands nicely and opens up over large plasters or knee dressings but grips well just above the knee and is very water-tight.
on 15 December 2010
This was for my wife who had ankle surgery and couldn't shower, UNTIL we saw this.

After 4 weeks she said it was bliss to be able to showere again.

No water ingress at all.
on 29 November 2011
An unfortunate injury causing a skin flap wound took over seven weeks to heal. I was required not to wet the dressings and thus not to shower.
Purchasing and receiving this item after around two weeks was an absolute blessing and that first shower was heavenly!!
on 3 August 2011
Home from hospital, hot and bothered and desperate for a shower. Had to make do with a bath and my leg hanging over the side. A quick 'trip' to Amazon and found this. Arrived quickly and has been a godsend. Very easy to put on (clear instructions)and the seal is brilliant. I am showering every day and this has worked perfectly every time - not a damp patch or even a dribble of water.

I can't tell you how much easier this has made the whole uncomfortable experience of foot surgery - especially in the summer!
on 30 October 2014
Two weeks to arrive and when it did the seal was split and so in-usable. Very disappointing as I have been in a cast for over a month and was hoping this would be the end to all the hassle of trying to have a shower. I sent and email to the customer and revived an email saying try would get back to me but I'm still waiting for a follow up email.
review image review image
on 15 November 2014
The item took 2 weeks to arrive. It was advertised as a LIMBO product together with a photo of a LIMBO product. However it was in fact a completely different inferior product (Not a Limbo).
As I had already waited so long for delivery, I decided to use it.
It is supposed to be designed to go over and cover a plastered leg but the hole in the top was very small and on the second time of using it the rubber seal at the top came away from the molding so that there was no longer a seal, rendering it useless.
COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2014
In the photograph is what I ordered, what I received was something entirely different. It has a rigid green plastic rim at the top with a transparent membrane stretched across it, with a hole in the middle.It is uncomfortable to wear and cumbersome to use. It was marked as the new model, therefore one assumed that the item as illustrated was not available and had been replaced.
The type that you have illustrated in the photo is easy to use and comfortable to wear.