on 29 May 2009
excellent product - great for quick family BBQ. Use largish charcoal bricks with it as the smallpieces fall through the holes!
on 14 August 2009
We have had this BBQ now for 3 months and have used it about 5-6 times. It cooks well, it has enough space to move things around as they cook or burn. On that score it does what a good BBQ should.

I can't fault it for size and packability in a full car off to the beach or going camping, which is the main reason for choosing this model.

On the down side, the grill racks are already very warped, they get very hot and are not strong enough to withstand the heat. In addition the paint has scorched and burnt on the outside. I find the gaps between the grill wires and on the fire rack are too wide and food slips in to the fire and coals drop down, such as when you are spreading them out once up to temperature.

All in all a great idea that is good for a few uses but not something that I expect to last for more than 20 uses at the current rate of deterioration. I guess any highly specialised design at a cheap price has to make some compromises, you get what you pay for. Next time, I am going to buy something like a Weber, twice the price but built to last, which this ain't.
44 comments75 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2010
We bought this barbecue because it sounded like fun. It truly is we used it all of last summer and yes, it does bend out of shape after getting extremely hot, it does lose some of the paintwork. On the other hand we had a barbecue for seven people with chicken, burgers , sausages etc. It used far less coal than a traditional barbecue and it was a talking point. How can something so small be so efficient? It was clean safe easy to look after and is sitting waiting for another fun filled summer. It is the most economic and efficient barbecue since the hibachi we had in the 1970s.
0Comment48 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2010
This is such a great design, it folds up to nothing so is perfect for camping. It has a tray for the coals to sit on so there is plenty of room for air to circulate underneath. This space also catches all the falling ash so it keeps the ground completely clean. My only concern is that after many uses the construction won't hold up as some of the joints look a little weak and the grill a bit warped but we've used it as a barbecue and as a fire and so far it's great.
on 10 October 2008
I took one of these camping last June. It folded up so thin it could lie on the floor of the car boot taking up practically zero space. On site it was up in about twenty seconds, fill it up with quicklighting charcoal, drop a match in, sit back and open a beer. In 5 mins I was cooking pasta in a big pan and in 20 I was grilling steak. It was brilliant and simple and ideal for a no-fires camping ground as it kept the heat off the grass. I have to admit I broke one bar of the grill by poking it too hard when it was hot and brittle. Also after a week of using the unit as a bbq at the start of the evening and bonfire the rest of the night it was looking a bit grey and warped. But I was delighted I'd brought it and was sorry when I had to leave it behind (my mate lumbered me with his son's suitcase! Tchoh!)
33 comments32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2010
Very pleased with this BBQ. Can't believe how small it packs down. Well packaged for posting.
on 15 July 2009
We love this bbq - once we worked out where to put the coals, it was really easy to use, has a large cooking area and is simple to clean. It folds away as new when cool. Great buy.
on 4 September 2015
This portable BBQ is excellent and on a recent trip to a forest cabin never let us down. It get extremely hot an quickly too, if you know how to use it properly you will have no problems. It gets extremely hot so much so the grate bends a little but that's to be expected to a certain degree and not a bad thing, especially when you compare it to the pitiful throw away ones.

So If you're looking for a good, well made portable BBQ that does what its meant to do and can be cleaned easy and reused. Then I would recommend this one.
on 26 September 2010
It just works - straight out of the box, assembled in seconds, good size grill, gives great heat, and folds away neatly. The heat does disfigure it - paint peels off and the grill wrack warps, but it bends back easily enough! I don't think this will last a lifetime, but it will get us through a couple of seasons camping and will provide a low weight, low volume, easy pack BBQ which is very convenient - I'm happy with it.
on 20 August 2015
Great! we use this to take away camping and with the tons of other stuff we take it's really handy that it folds flat and can fit alongside other stuff in the car/trailer, there are cheaper versions of this which we have tried and the Hotspot version comes out on top every time.