on 30 July 2009
A classic toy - but frustrating to assemble, requiring careful use of brute force... if you are buying this as a present for a toddler make sure you unbox and assemble it the night before!
0Comment49 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2015
This is most disappointing product i have ever encountered in my life. The installation is a total nightmare. The design of the screws and levels is absolutely failure. I spent almost 3-4 hours on this thing, and got one front wheel broken. Honest suggestion to any potential buyer, NEVER buy any little tikes toy. Trust me!
review image
33 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this ride in car for my son's second birthday as I'd always find him playing with them at nursery and he's a huge fan of anything with wheels. It's definately worth bearing in mind that this toy is fairly difficult to assemble, so attempt this before handing it over to your child as you'll probably find (as I did) that they'll slow the procedure down no end by sitting in it! The plastic's really hard and unyielding, which makes it difficult to fit the various compenents together and my box didn't contain the left hand roof support which had to be re-ordered directly from the manufacturers. Even when the parts were complete, I keep finding that the roof wants to detach from the supports, which is a pain when you're trying to push your child around the garden in this vehicle.

On the positive side my son absolutely loves his cozy coupe and especially adores sitting with his elbows out of the window like any self-respecting motorist would(!) It provides a good cardio vascular workout for any parent or carer who decides to push their little one around in it, which is useful. It's quite a large item so it maybe worth thinking about where you'll store it in the winter when it's not in daily use.
0Comment75 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2013
Our second grandson is 18 month's old when we bought this for him. After seeing how much play fun our first grandson had from a toy like this car there was not doubt that our second boy would get one as well the moment he would be ready for it. O what does he love it. Just only seeing the box gave him excitement. He had to wait until Dad had time to put it together and boy that took some doing. It was delivered to another country (Netherlands) so Quickly and for such a reasonable price that only for that this item deserves 5 stars.

We ordered this item on Sunday evening. Thursday the doorbell rang in Zaandam The Netherlands. Little one had to wait until Saturday that's when his Dad was able to start putting it together. I ended up taking a few hours!!! Manual that came with it goes up to 16 steps but it turned out that to put it together 32 steps are needed. Yes, I know....strange. The manual said to go online and follow instructions from video's placed on YOUTUBE. Great idea....only one weak point in this is the expectation that every one has access to the internet. I know it is becoming very normal to have internet but there are more then enough people who still do not have that option. Luckily enough my daughter does have broadband so by following the instruction on yourtube which turned out to be easily to follow they managed to put this lovely car together. I am sure that the few hours it took to put it all together was lengthened because of the great help given by the litlte 18 month's old boy of course with all good intention.

Just like his older cousin he just LOVES IT. He does not know how to move himself forward with his feet, but backwards goes smoothly and fast....hahaha but his most favorite at this moment within his development is: opening up the door, getting in, closing the door.....calling his parents with a big smile on his face.....telling them in his own secret language how much he is enjoying himself....only to open the door again....getting out...and closing the door......repeat...repeat and repeat. With the spring just around the corner, this toy is going to give him hours and hours of play enjoyment.

My daughter took him in his little car to feed the duck and while pushing him forwards easily by using the opening that is in the roof for parents to push, our beautiful grandson was sitting proudly in his new car and waved to anyone he came across. After feeding the ducks it was time to show of his new ride to his other grandmother. My daughter said his face was beaming from happiness while showing his Oma (nan) his new toy. Worth every penny!!!! (and many hours it took to put it together)

Note to seller: Could do with a better and complete manual. Many thanks for your great service. Looking forward doing bussiness with you again.
on 1 April 2013
I'm guessing that there must be some real variation in the quality of the build of this toy. It was incredibly hard to get the front struts in to place, requiring a lot of strength and the use of a hammer in the end. I certainly didn't find it as easy as the model in the video did!

Additionally, make sure you feel carefully around the inside of the toy where your child's arms and legs are. I found several sharp and jagged bits of plastic that needed filing off before I could be sure there wouldn't be blood all over the floor.
on 25 December 2015
The picture of this product is after you have virtually manufactured the wretched toy. Little Tykes have cut manufacturing margins and unit costs so much that they haven't even bothered to drill guide holes in the plastic. So having parted with your money you then have to spend hours ramming the thing together; screwing endless screws in plastic etc. They even recommend drilling the plastic. If you miss a washer or something similar in the manufacturing process and need to backtrack - obviously no one at Little Tykes has given any thought to offering guidance on how you can rectify your mistake - cue more hammering and bashing - and googling. It's more self manufacturer than self assembly. Why don't Little Tykes just go the whole way and just supply a load of plastic pellets to melt down and people can then mould the plastic themselves? Unless you're into drilling plastic in your front room just buy a second hand one or give it a miss. I'd rather they sold the actual toy and charged me more. Talk about having contempt for your customers - Lazy Little Tykes. I now know what this brand stand for - half made.
on 31 August 2009
cozy coupe was not the easiest toy to put together,some of the parts could have put togther at a earlier/later stage this lead to it taking longer to put togther as it made it more ackward than it needed to be, But the end product was worth it, (after a few choice words were said (kids were in bed i have to say) LOL) The kids love it (15mths and 3yrs).
11 comment32 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2015
Came in a box that was bigger than the car would be, if it were assembled, but of course it came in 500 bits instead. There should be a note on this warning parents it will take a long time to assemble and that is is NOT ready for opening on xmas day right out the box.

I really do not understand why people ship items out in huge boxes if they are not already built up. Get a pre-built one from a proper toy shop is my advice.
on 29 December 2015
I was very disappointed with both the amount of assembly and product quality. To Amazon's credit they are sending a replacement but I now have had to package a car which no longer fits in its proper box and it is blocking up my hallway.
The fault is a poorly finished chromed metal but where the front wheel goes. I got a small metal splinter of it and there is a whole sharp patch that is only half attaches and is just waiting to slice baby fingers. Poor show Little Tykes. This has really put me.off ordering anything again. I have to replace the car as it was a present for my little boy but I would rather not.
Update 30th December 2015.
I've received the second one and it too is faulty. The plastic 'knobs' it is supposed to click together with are full of holes and one is broken and cannot connect. The steering wheel on this one will not stay in. I'm returning for a refund. I'm utterly sick of the sight of it.
review image review image
on 24 September 2013
this car looks great and is just like the one i had as a child. my mum told me it lasted years. and we loved it. so i thought id get my daughter one for her 2nd birthday may I add... the wheel bent where the metal is so rubbish. the door lock bent, really poor quality and again i wanted my money back. but im going to order new wheels instead. should be alot cheaper for the poor quality...