on 30 July 2009
A classic toy - but frustrating to assemble, requiring careful use of brute force... if you are buying this as a present for a toddler make sure you unbox and assemble it the night before!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this ride in car for my son's second birthday as I'd always find him playing with them at nursery and he's a huge fan of anything with wheels. It's definately worth bearing in mind that this toy is fairly difficult to assemble, so attempt this before handing it over to your child as you'll probably find (as I did) that they'll slow the procedure down no end by sitting in it! The plastic's really hard and unyielding, which makes it difficult to fit the various compenents together and my box didn't contain the left hand roof support which had to be re-ordered directly from the manufacturers. Even when the parts were complete, I keep finding that the roof wants to detach from the supports, which is a pain when you're trying to push your child around the garden in this vehicle.

On the positive side my son absolutely loves his cozy coupe and especially adores sitting with his elbows out of the window like any self-respecting motorist would(!) It provides a good cardio vascular workout for any parent or carer who decides to push their little one around in it, which is useful. It's quite a large item so it maybe worth thinking about where you'll store it in the winter when it's not in daily use.
on 9 March 2013
Our second grandson is 18 month's old when we bought this for him. After seeing how much play fun our first grandson had from a toy like this car there was not doubt that our second boy would get one as well the moment he would be ready for it. O what does he love it. Just only seeing the box gave him excitement. He had to wait until Dad had time to put it together and boy that took some doing. It was delivered to another country (Netherlands) so Quickly and for such a reasonable price that only for that this item deserves 5 stars.

We ordered this item on Sunday evening. Thursday the doorbell rang in Zaandam The Netherlands. Little one had to wait until Saturday that's when his Dad was able to start putting it together. I ended up taking a few hours!!! Manual that came with it goes up to 16 steps but it turned out that to put it together 32 steps are needed. Yes, I know....strange. The manual said to go online and follow instructions from video's placed on YOUTUBE. Great idea....only one weak point in this is the expectation that every one has access to the internet. I know it is becoming very normal to have internet but there are more then enough people who still do not have that option. Luckily enough my daughter does have broadband so by following the instruction on yourtube which turned out to be easily to follow they managed to put this lovely car together. I am sure that the few hours it took to put it all together was lengthened because of the great help given by the litlte 18 month's old boy of course with all good intention.

Just like his older cousin he just LOVES IT. He does not know how to move himself forward with his feet, but backwards goes smoothly and fast....hahaha but his most favorite at this moment within his development is: opening up the door, getting in, closing the door.....calling his parents with a big smile on his face.....telling them in his own secret language how much he is enjoying himself....only to open the door again....getting out...and closing the door......repeat...repeat and repeat. With the spring just around the corner, this toy is going to give him hours and hours of play enjoyment.

My daughter took him in his little car to feed the duck and while pushing him forwards easily by using the opening that is in the roof for parents to push, our beautiful grandson was sitting proudly in his new car and waved to anyone he came across. After feeding the ducks it was time to show of his new ride to his other grandmother. My daughter said his face was beaming from happiness while showing his Oma (nan) his new toy. Worth every penny!!!! (and many hours it took to put it together)

Note to seller: Could do with a better and complete manual. Many thanks for your great service. Looking forward doing bussiness with you again.
on 30 October 2015
Item supplied with missing part . Amazon refused to supply the missing part. Told me I have to scour the shops for the missing part myself. I have already assembled most of the item - drilling screws in, and putting the stickers on, so it is no longer in a returnable condition. Can't attach the wheels without the missing part. So item is now completely useless, and I can't get my money back. And now have no present to give my nephew. No where in the instructions is there a list of all the parts that should be in the box to check before you start assembling. Recommend if you buy this product you A - don't buy through Amazon, and B - go though every page of the instructions to check you have everything you need before starting.
on 31 August 2009
cozy coupe was not the easiest toy to put together,some of the parts could have put togther at a earlier/later stage this lead to it taking longer to put togther as it made it more ackward than it needed to be, But the end product was worth it, (after a few choice words were said (kids were in bed i have to say) LOL) The kids love it (15mths and 3yrs).
on 7 January 2010
I bought this for my 18 month old grandson and he loves it. However, the wheels scratch my son's expensive flooring. This is such a shame because obviously my son doesn't want his son to play with it indoors. Given the time of year and the prevailing weather conditions, this is a real problem. Does anyone have any suggestions about what we can do about the wheels?
on 26 September 2015
This is most disappointing product i have ever encountered in my life. The installation is a total nightmare. The design of the screws and levels is absolutely failure. I spent almost 3-4 hours on this thing, and got one front wheel broken. Honest suggestion to any potential buyer, NEVER buy any little tikes toy. Trust me!
review image
on 12 November 2009
Anniversary Edition - this style of car has been around for 30 yrs. Our 4 children had loads of fun with one so now we bought this for the grandchildren. There are some refinements (drinks holder, lockable door, removeable floor etc) but it's virtually the same basic car.

Amazon excellent delivery - 2 days after order. Product well made, well packed and good instructions for assembly. Can't remember how long it took to assemble - less than an hour from unpacking, finding the few tools needed (hammer and pozi screwdriver) to having a test drive !!

Don't know why this edition is quite a bit cheaper than similar versions - I can't see any significant differences.
on 1 April 2013
I'm guessing that there must be some real variation in the quality of the build of this toy. It was incredibly hard to get the front struts in to place, requiring a lot of strength and the use of a hammer in the end. I certainly didn't find it as easy as the model in the video did!

Additionally, make sure you feel carefully around the inside of the toy where your child's arms and legs are. I found several sharp and jagged bits of plastic that needed filing off before I could be sure there wouldn't be blood all over the floor.
on 22 July 2015
We love the little car and so does our grandson who is 19 months. It's probably his favourite toy. We couldn't get the front wheel hubs to lay firmly within the inner wheel space, unlike the back wheels . We were sent new parts very quickly and the service was courteous and helpful. These caused the same problem and once the hub nut is on , is very hard to remove. However once it's all put together it runs smoothly and the wheels are very securely fixed. Maybe they are supposed to be like this for a reason? We are very pleased with it though.