Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 24 January 2011
I love this game! No complicated setting up so can be played almost anywhere. We've played it for 10 minutes in the kitchen while I finished cooking dinner and for much longer, in teams at a birthday party.
I bought it for a 7 year old but even the adults join in. It can get competitive and very funny depending on how you choose to describe the word on the card. It's surprising how desperate things can get when the buzzer warns that you're running out of time.
It's a great way of getting the kids to be a little more creative with language. Story writing in year 2 can be a little flat when it comes to desciption. Playing this game doesn't give them the answers but it does help them understand what 'description' means.
Small enough for a big pocket (without the buzzer)so you could take it almost anywhere.
on 20 February 2011
Have had lots of fun afternoons with the children (aged10+) and their friends. Timer drives everyone mad though- far too loud.
on 8 November 2009
I bought this game for my adult "English as a Foreign Language" classes to use as a vocabulary building and speaking exercise. As my students are very social and competitive, they love it! The game encourages creativity with the language and requires students to think on their feet. I'm very pleased with the purchase.
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2012
we found this game to be very funny and sometimes difficult to do but it brought much laughter to us all very good
on 25 June 2012
I bought this as a fun family game to play. It looked interesting and fun. You pick up a card and within a time limit with an interesting buzzer to end you must get your team to say the word without saying particular words. Unfortunately there were a few flaws. It was very easy and did not prove much of a challenge. It is definitely not for older children or adults. I believe it would be fun and educational up to around age 8 but that would probably be the limit. As it is soo easy we got through all the cards quickly and ended up on repeats making it even easier. The overall concept of the game is good but they should either change the suggested age or include harder cards.
The box - Looks fun and interesting. A nice size, making it fit well into our games cupboard. It displayed the age six plus which is clearly wrong. I would give the age range about 5-12 with little educational value for age 8+. However it wasn't bought for education but for fun so I think it would still apply up to age 12.
The gameplay - Very fun at first but very easy. We soon finished the pack of cards and couldn't really continue as we remembered the repeats. It meant the game was unplayable for a while as we would remember answers. The concept of the game is excellent but if you intent to play with adults or teenagers I would not recommend. An adult version would be a good idea.
on 29 January 2014
I remember a game called "taboo" where you had to convey a word to your "team" without using a number of forbidden works - really excellent. This is similar except more suitable for using with kids. There is a simple carry case for the cards which varies how many forbidden words there are - for instance my husband and I have 4 forbidden works (making it harder for us) - my 10yr has 3 forbidden words (so a bit easier) and our 8yr has only 2 forbidden words so it evens out well. An excellent game which is fun and makes you think.
on 12 August 2012
I bought this game to encourage participation within a group of children and it did the job! Children always wanted to play the game and could not get enough of it. The game allowed children to listen and speak better and complimented with the competition promoted within the game you soon found even the shyest of kids fighting for gold!
on 24 January 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Can be played by all ages by adjusting the difficulty. We started by only having one word which can't be said and have progressed from there. Some of the words are obscure and so this meant we discarded approximately 5 cards. It seems easy enough to be able to make your own replacement cards too.
on 25 January 2015
Another really good game and quite difficult to start with until you got the hang of it. Lots of laughs
on 6 October 2009
I purchased this game for my group lessons (I teach English to Dutch people) and they enjoyed it tremendously. You have to become creative to describe for example the word 'waving' without using the words arm or hand or goodbye. That is challenging for my students. I think it is a simplified version of Taboo and very fun to play in groups.
Only thing is that there is a timer device included which needs batteries. We don't use it.