These little lamps are unbeatable. They're small, rugged (will withstand a drop onto tarmac - ooops!) and highly practical. I use mine for camping using the hanging loop and in the car where the magnet grips to the body. The light given is bright and white and the batteries last for ages - and they can use rechargeable AAA's so they can cost next to nothing to use.

They have so many uses, indoors or out.... If your car should break down, simply pop one onto the raised bonnet and you have an instant bright worklight. They're also handy inside cupboards, provide instant light inside a metal shed, and are very good for craftwork when a bright light is needed.

I couldn't fault them. I have several and at this very low price, will be stocking up on more. You can't beat them on either price (they're available under several brand names at differing prices...) or performance - don't hesitate, buy one to see for yourself how good they are!
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
Its an led torch that works! Unlike the description, it is an Amtech not a Toolzone product, which means it is slightly better built, and it comes with cheapo batteries supplied, which work well enough to start you off. Once these have run out and you replace them with some proper or rechargeable batteries, the light comes into its own. It is surprisingly bright and small enough to use as a handheld torch as well. The little button on the bottom (when the hook is out) is easy enough to find in the dark (a prerequisite for a torch as that is when I use them!). The hook feels slightly flimsy and I dare say it will break soon with normal use, although this makes it very useful for using it as a background light. Two slight niggles meant it only gets a four stars from me.

1) It requires a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. I still haven't worked out why designers think this is a good idea. Yes it prevents the battery cover from being lost but it means that I need another tool to keep this tool working...
2) The magnet is not really strong enough to hold the weight of the light plus batteries on anything except a flush metal finish. I've found that the slightest curve or contour in the metallic surface means the light won't hold securely enough for me to feel confident that it will stay there.

Really though this is such good value that I can forgive it those niggles and would recommend this whole-heartedly.
on 23 March 2013
I intially brought this to go in my wardrobe, and craft cupboard to help me see. I've brought a further 4 after being totall impressed by them, so I have a total of 7. They are so bright they hurt your eyes and will easily light a room. You could read by them so ideal for students, and with the hook/magnet great for camping and emergency evacuation/BOB kits.

The only downside is that you need a screw driver to undo the back to place the batteries in, maybe the manufacturer can do that and make a normal clip in back like with alarm clocks.

I can't recommend these enough, if you doubt what I say just get one or borrow a friends and you wont be disappointed. Awesome, awesome product with so many uses it is unreal. Better then carrying a torch as you can hook it on or stick it on things so hands free. It's light weight and the hook will fold back into the case so takes up no room at all. The light fits into the palm of the hand so easily held.

Highly recommend it to others, as you can't go wrong for the price.
on 1 December 2012
This is a cool little light, lightweight and bright, does the job. Also you can hang it on your t-shirt and pretend to be Iron Man.
11 comment26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2011
This is a very bright led based spotlight with two intensity settings. Works very well for providing light in dark cupboards and even large closets. However, despite the rubbery feel of its plastic casing it is very fragile. One of mine broke by falling just once from about 4 feet high but at least remained operational and I am now still using it after taping it up. Most annoying is the fact that it does not come with a twist on/off base like OSRAM's "Dot It" (these ones having much weaker light intensity though) that is perfect for the permanent placement use case. Furthermore, every time you need to replace your batteries (and you will need to do this fairly often if you use rechargeable batteries) you need to remove two very small philips screws that tend to wear down quickly as they are made from a cheap metal alloy. Overall, I like the strong brightness aspect (and OSRAM dot its could not do the job this one is currently doing) BUT it comes with a couple of serious design shortcomings.
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2014
I bought this for general use around the house.

When I received it I was left disappointed despite its decent quality because the body of the unit was loose and could not be fully closed using the screws. Thankfully I had some strong tape that I wrapped around it which solved the problem.

The product has no fancy features and works by pressing the button down.

The flashlight has 23 LEDs which provides a decent amount of light given it's size and covers a wide area close to you rather than a long distance thin beam.

It's handy to use when walking to your car at night and keep in your handbag, pocket or car side compartment.

It has a small magnetic section on the back and a hook that you raise from its rear to hang up.

I have used this product quite a bit for when I go to the light-less shed at night and when I go into the room under the stairs. We also used it when we went camping a few weeks ago and it lit up the tent nicely.

I haven't had any problems with it since the first days setback.

I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it to others. It's basically a handle-less torch with an additional hook and magnet.

Verdict: 8/10
on 9 September 2009
I bought one of these lights for a camping trip as I wanted something small to stuff into my rucksack. I was amazed at how bright these lights are - far better than most torches I've owned. It can be used as a handheld torch but the fold out hook makes it very handy for hooking up inside a tent without it being too heavy. The base also has a magnet if you want to use it as an car inspection light. It takes 4 AAA batteries which last ages. A great light and cheap too.
0Comment20 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2010
What a fantastic little light - compact and very transportable and incredibly bright. Perfect for use in dark, unlit surroundings providing a 'brilliant' light source very easily and reliably.
on 23 August 2011
I recently took this item with me on a week long sailing trip in an Astus 20.2 trimaran, which has a small cabin but no electrics. I hung it inside the cabin, which is white, and was dazzled by the brightness of the light. We hardly needed it as we only used the cabin to sleep in but it was unbelievably bright and reading a book would have been easy. With lights like this, who needs expensive and unreliable wiring in a boat? Highly recommended.
On the down side, the power of the magnet on the back was so great that when I put it onto my fridge at home and then pulled it off again the magnet remained on the fridge! I glued it back on.
on 3 January 2014
Love it! It's light and bright. Came with batteries. Magnet is decent if you want to put it on your fridge for use as a handy torch. I put it under the sink and didn't need to put a nail for the hook since it happened to fit the inside hinge on the cupboard door. I'll switch it on when needed, and use it as a torch too. You should know that you have to unscrew the back of this light to put the batteries in, using a tiny screw driver (about the size you need to repair eye glasses). I just happened to have one. This is the only thing that made me give it 4 stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse