on 2 October 2014
I bought this for general use around the house.

When I received it I was left disappointed despite its decent quality because the body of the unit was loose and could not be fully closed using the screws. Thankfully I had some strong tape that I wrapped around it which solved the problem.

The product has no fancy features and works by pressing the button down.

The flashlight has 23 LEDs which provides a decent amount of light given it's size and covers a wide area close to you rather than a long distance thin beam.

It's handy to use when walking to your car at night and keep in your handbag, pocket or car side compartment.

It has a small magnetic section on the back and a hook that you raise from its rear to hang up.

I have used this product quite a bit for when I go to the light-less shed at night and when I go into the room under the stairs. We also used it when we went camping a few weeks ago and it lit up the tent nicely.

I haven't had any problems with it since the first days setback.

I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it to others. It's basically a handle-less torch with an additional hook and magnet.

Verdict: 8/10
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These little lamps are unbeatable. They're small, rugged (will withstand a drop onto tarmac - ooops!) and highly practical. I use mine for camping using the hanging loop and in the car where the magnet grips to the body. The light given is bright and white and the batteries last for ages - and they can use rechargeable AAA's so they can cost next to nothing to use.

They have so many uses, indoors or out.... If your car should break down, simply pop one onto the raised bonnet and you have an instant bright worklight. They're also handy inside cupboards, provide instant light inside a metal shed, and are very good for craftwork when a bright light is needed.

I couldn't fault them. I have several and at this very low price, will be stocking up on more. You can't beat them on either price (they're available under several brand names at differing prices...) or performance - don't hesitate, buy one to see for yourself how good they are!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This light is superb and is bordering on too good to be true.

It is incredibly bright. Put it this way, we had it in our tent with a full-size camping lamp - this tiny light lit up more of the tent, and was brighter, than the camping lamp.

The first time I turned it on, I looked straight at the LEDs as I thought the light would be wimpy - big mistake.

One of these lights up and entire room in our family tent - it is good at short-range, bright illumination. Perfect for inside a tent.

One incidental but great feature is that the hook size is perfect - not so small as to be weak but small enough to fit in that little hole in the zip tab (that you pull to open & close the zip) on the door of a tent bedroom (well, it fits ours. If it doesn't fit yours, you could just put some string through the hole and make a loop). No more waking in the night and wondering where the torch is. It also means you have a massive tab to open and close the zip.

The hook folds into a recessed area in the rear of the light. To get it out, just flick the light (I couldn't lever the hook out with my finger). The hook then pops out enough to pull fully out with your finger.

I hooked the light through the zip tab and had plenty of light to read by - far more than with a torch.

Having bought one for a camping trip, I returned and bought one for each bedroom of our tent & the lounge.
on 1 December 2012
This is a cool little light, lightweight and bright, does the job. Also you can hang it on your t-shirt and pretend to be Iron Man.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2012
I'll try to be as impartial as I can here.

I bought 3 of these to replace some older lights I've been using for camping. Firstly I was impressed with the price. which was the main reason I bought them - I paid half of what I'd have to pay on the high street.

Oh, yes, the product. Good light quality - Three used to light an awning on a tent and did a pretty good job of it too - I could read just about OK under the lights which were hanging at about 2m in the awning. However I would have needed the lights to be closer to sit and read a book under them all evening. Used one of them as a torch and it wasn't bad at that.

I'm still impressed with how frugal LED's are on battery usage, so I don't really know if they're good or bad on that front.
My personal experience is that they lasted a long weekend camping in late October when it was dark from very early on. So, they were on for from about 17:00 right through to 0:30 every night for three consecutive nights without any problems and there's still loads of life left in the batteries that came with them.

Although the magnet looks a little on the small side, it still mounts on to any surface that a magnet will stick to.

As for the hook, that's a little difficult to get it out of its 'parking' space if you've got big fingers, cold hands, wearing gloves or in my case - all three! I used a bit of pointed cutlery in the end!

So, O.K. After all that, will I be buying some more of these?

Yes I will, they are excellent value for money and the 'little niggles' are easily managed and outweighed by the plus points of price.

Am-Tech 24 LED Round Magnetic Work Light Torch With Integral Hook And Magnet
on 6 April 2011
This is a very bright led based spotlight with two intensity settings. Works very well for providing light in dark cupboards and even large closets. However, despite the rubbery feel of its plastic casing it is very fragile. One of mine broke by falling just once from about 4 feet high but at least remained operational and I am now still using it after taping it up. Most annoying is the fact that it does not come with a twist on/off base like OSRAM's "Dot It" (these ones having much weaker light intensity though) that is perfect for the permanent placement use case. Furthermore, every time you need to replace your batteries (and you will need to do this fairly often if you use rechargeable batteries) you need to remove two very small philips screws that tend to wear down quickly as they are made from a cheap metal alloy. Overall, I like the strong brightness aspect (and OSRAM dot its could not do the job this one is currently doing) BUT it comes with a couple of serious design shortcomings.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
Its an led torch that works! Unlike the description, it is an Amtech not a Toolzone product, which means it is slightly better built, and it comes with cheapo batteries supplied, which work well enough to start you off. Once these have run out and you replace them with some proper or rechargeable batteries, the light comes into its own. It is surprisingly bright and small enough to use as a handheld torch as well. The little button on the bottom (when the hook is out) is easy enough to find in the dark (a prerequisite for a torch as that is when I use them!). The hook feels slightly flimsy and I dare say it will break soon with normal use, although this makes it very useful for using it as a background light. Two slight niggles meant it only gets a four stars from me.

1) It requires a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. I still haven't worked out why designers think this is a good idea. Yes it prevents the battery cover from being lost but it means that I need another tool to keep this tool working...
2) The magnet is not really strong enough to hold the weight of the light plus batteries on anything except a flush metal finish. I've found that the slightest curve or contour in the metallic surface means the light won't hold securely enough for me to feel confident that it will stay there.

Really though this is such good value that I can forgive it those niggles and would recommend this whole-heartedly.
on 9 September 2009
I bought one of these lights for a camping trip as I wanted something small to stuff into my rucksack. I was amazed at how bright these lights are - far better than most torches I've owned. It can be used as a handheld torch but the fold out hook makes it very handy for hooking up inside a tent without it being too heavy. The base also has a magnet if you want to use it as an car inspection light. It takes 4 AAA batteries which last ages. A great light and cheap too.
on 23 March 2013
I intially brought this to go in my wardrobe, and craft cupboard to help me see. I've brought a further 4 after being totall impressed by them, so I have a total of 7. They are so bright they hurt your eyes and will easily light a room. You could read by them so ideal for students, and with the hook/magnet great for camping and emergency evacuation/BOB kits.

The only downside is that you need a screw driver to undo the back to place the batteries in, maybe the manufacturer can do that and make a normal clip in back like with alarm clocks.

I can't recommend these enough, if you doubt what I say just get one or borrow a friends and you wont be disappointed. Awesome, awesome product with so many uses it is unreal. Better then carrying a torch as you can hook it on or stick it on things so hands free. It's light weight and the hook will fold back into the case so takes up no room at all. The light fits into the palm of the hand so easily held.

Highly recommend it to others, as you can't go wrong for the price.
on 5 February 2010
What a fantastic little light - compact and very transportable and incredibly bright. Perfect for use in dark, unlit surroundings providing a 'brilliant' light source very easily and reliably.