on 12 July 2009
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!
22 comments121 of 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2009
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!
0Comment57 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2015
Great product as comes on automatically when my daughter who is 6 months wakes up & sends her back to sleep!
only issue was batteries run out quickly due to automaticcly coming on.
I would defiantly reccomend & buy again, worth the money.
on 14 January 2014
It has its uses but NOT for getting baby to relax and go to sleep. If anything he gets more active. The volume control is pointless as its simply a window that opens and closes and makes such a minimal amount of difference as to be useless. it would be very useful if the sound could be switched off altogether so that it becomes a quiet night light sometimes. that way it could be used in our bedroom without keeping everyone awake with the annoying tunes The voice activation only works if the baby screams at the top of his lungs or bashes it. the little cute voices which are activated when the buttons on the front are pressed are too quiet to be heard over the lullaby. Its only use for us is for keeping him entertained to 10 minutes but even that is wearing of as he seems to be growing tired of the repetitive tunes.
on 30 December 2012
This is a great little piece of kit. It sends my child off to sleep within seconds, the sensor function works perfectly if she stirs in the night. Night and day settings with several melodies. The only issues I have is that there is no focus on the projector, so if you have a night ceiling (as I do), the image is all blurry. Secondly, because of the layout of the room, the cot is against one wall. This means that I cannot put the projector on one side of the cot, meaning that the image is reversed on the ceiling. Plus this thing churns through AA batteries like nobody's business. I buy the best, the longest lasting batteries I can find and still I find I'm replacing them every week. Great, but in the long run, it's gonna cost me a fortune.
on 5 August 2015
I bought this for my baby girl who is now 3 months old. In night mode, the lightshow shows the images quite clearly on the ceiling and the main body of the device lights up too with characters and clouds. It takes about 3 mins for the same image to be repeated but only us adults will notice this I think! It has 3 night time tunes (twinkle twinkle little star is one of them) and 3 day time tunes (Winne the Pooh theme tune is one) plus you can change the melody if your tired of hearing the same one. At night time, I play the same one which seems to relax my baby and she knows its bedtime. The lightshow is great for her to gaze at whilst she is drifting off to sleep and it really works like a charm!

On auto-mode the melody will loop the tune 3 times and then it will shut down. If your baby is restless through the night it will automatically come on again to sooth your baby back to sleep. In daytime mode, the main body of the device lights up and the tunes are more upbeat plus there are buttons that baby or you can press that make sounds, one of which is a tweeting bird sound. The device clamps onto a cot quite well too. My only negative would be that sometimes I wish the night melody looped a little longer maybe 4-5 times. Overall, I am glad I chose this product and would recommend it! :)
on 6 April 2011
Bought this for my 7 month old son who absolutely adores it. He loves the various plinky plonky lullabies and on nightmode lying in his cot watching the light show on the ceiling. The nightmode with voice activation when baby cries is sure to come in handy in the future.

The reasons for 4 star rating are two things, the grinding sound when switched on as the pictures rotate. I did read previous reviews mentioning this but doesnt seem to bother my son at all which is the main thing. Also on nightmode the light emitted from the lightshow on the music toy could do with being less bright as when it is switched on in the dark it does appear to be very bright and my poor baby ends up screwing up his eyes in shock.

Overall a great product!
on 9 September 2011
Unfortunatley this product did nothing for my son. It seemed to stimulate him more than wind him down. And as my son is a summer baby it was still very light outside when his bed time came around, which meant the projecting image could barely be seen by an adult never mind a small baby. When I first came across this product I read that the product had a voice activation setting which meant the product would switch itself on once the baby started crying, saving the parent(s) a lot of bother, but I soon realised that a lot more than the baby's cry activated the product, disturbing my son and me! But I will give credit for the product's cute design, appropriate volume control, 10 minute switch off timer and morning and night setting.
on 12 January 2013
I bought it because id gotten into the bad habbit of rocking baby to sleep and desperately needed something else to comfort her. Well it certainly worked for me. i only use it at bed time so i cant really comment on the day time mode. the projection on the ceiling is very good indeed, and i do like the fact it times itself out after about 20mins. saves the whole pretending to be some sort of ninja to click the off button silently as to not wake up baby. the only bad point i can see is that the volume doesnt really sound much different between loud and quiet mode, but that not really a major issue. on the whole iv found it to be a very useful product indeed. now all i need to do is work on getting her to sleep in the day time!!!
on 9 March 2013
Not for my daughter anyway, she's attracted to it like a moth. It sends my husband to sleep though! The music is lovely and soothing and the day and night modes are good but it could do with being quieter and dimmer. She loves the light show but nothing will send my little tot off to dreamy land that easily. Maybe some babies do drop off with this, lucky parents if they do! The voice activated feature is a little touch and go. She cried for a few minutes before it turned itself on then the next night she broke wind in her sleep, it turned itself on and she jumped out of her skin! Expect to change batteries every month too. It's nice but not the best buy for me. Fast delivery as always with amazon prime.