4.5 out of 5 stars1,305
Colour Name: BlackChange

on 13 May 2010
This a great packet.
You get both inks paying only the money you would have given for about 1 nd a half.
If you are in need of a pair of inks one colour and one black then this is the way to go.
33 comments30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2011
I know price isn't everything but I had just seen this ink cartridge at my local supermarket and was delighted to be able to buy it from IJT Direct through Amazon for much less. Being the manufacturer's cartridge it was simple to fit and I am pleased to be able to print again. It was a really easy transaction and the cartridge arrived promptly. What more can I say?
on 30 August 2009
This ink cartridge was value for money, worked very well in my printer and arrived promptly. I am very pleased with the product and service I received.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2010
Well pleased with this product.
Speed of delivery and price of inks are very good.
I will be buying again.
on 1 October 2010
VERY PLEASED WITH THIS GREAT BARGAIN, A LOT CHEAPER THAN IN THE SHOPS AND THE PROPER PRODUCT, AND BEST OF ALL BOTH BLACK AND COLOURS IN COMBO PACK GREAT VALUE, I WILL BE GETTING MY NEXT ORDER THIS WAY TOO THANK YOU JULIE
44 comments42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2010
I bought this ink from Amazon directly (not from the sellers). It arrived very quickly as always with Amazon!

HP advertises the XL to be able to print around 600 pages which is a very good amount. I did concede that I may not get 600 copies depending on what I was printing so even 300 would have been acceptable.

I print leaflets for my business and only use black and white. The leaflet itself does not use a heavy amount of black just some writing and a picture. I have only been able to print 100 copies and I have almost no ink left and need to reorder. This makes it a whopping 18 pence per page!! That is extremely expensive and well below the advertised 600 copies of print!

I am so disappointed with this as I had bought the HP F4580 as I thought I would be able to print a reasonable amount from it due to the advertisement HP had shown for their ink. Their numbers are completely off!

I would have given this a 1 star but the extra star is really for Amazon as the delivery was prompt and the price is the cheapest I have found anywhere online! Most other companies sell for around 20-25 pounds which would have made it worse!

Anyway just to sum up if you have already got an HP printer and use this ink then Amazon is prob the best place to buy from due to price and delivery. If anyone can find it cheaper please let me know! :-D. Otherwise if you are thinking of doing heavy printing then I would prob recommend staying away from an HP printer that uses this ink as you will not get much out of it. Better for people who are light casual printers.

Hope this review helps those who maybe thinking of purchasing an HP printer due to the advertised 600 pages print from the XL ink as it is not true! In fact I dread to think how much I can print from the normal 300 ink.
1717 comments140 of 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2012
When HP sell you a new printer (D1660) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 300 black 4ml and the Hp 300 6ml colour cartridges. I was using about 3 black and 2 colours cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do a higher yield versions of the 300 cartridges which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridges which I was using before. What you need is a HP 300XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 4mls of ink that is in the 300 starter black cartridge and for the colour you should be using the HP 300XL colour cartridge which holds 11mls of ink rather than the 6ml HP choose to put in the starter. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp originals plus do a British premium compatible 300XL bk and 300XL colour cartridges which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet D1660) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.
66 comments48 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2009
This is the best value for money way to use a black ink cartridge for my printer as it lasts a lot longer than the standard cartridge. Amazon has the best price I have found and is a lot less than in the supermarkets or Staples
on 17 December 2010
This was a good deal for the two original HP ink cartridges. The HP Photosmart printer that I have is relatively new out, so the ink cartridges are quite expensive at the moment, but this deal was good.
on 27 February 2012
Ink cartridges are very expensive in Belgium, certainly if you want the original ones.
Luckily I found a very good offer through Amazon.co.uk One combo pack was even cheaper than only the black one or coloured one in Belgium.
I certainly come back to Amazon to purchase more of these items.