on 30 September 2008
aquasphere goggles are by far the best goggles i have ever bought. having 5 children who all have been to swimming lessons i have spent a small fortune over the years on various goggles. These goggles are very easy to adjust and even very young children find them very comfortable. Had a few parents at swimming lessons ask where my daughters got their goggles from as they seem to be the only kids in the class that never have to adjust them or complain of their goggles filling with water.
0Comment117 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2009
My child has a small face and goggles usually let in water. These are great-good fit, no leakage. Highly recommended!
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

* Fitting: I was taught the following when learning to scuba dive. To see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your child's face *WITHOUT putting the strap over his/her head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off due to air pressure alone. These stuck to my daughter's face for about 2 minutes without falling off - that's how good the seal is for her. If they fall off, they don't fit - they fall off because air is getting in, and if air gets in, water will get in.

As the box is hinged and (at least my one was) not sealed (as shown in my video), you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when your son/daughter wears them then it's because he/she is inadvertently breaking the seal - normally either by trapping hair between the mask and face, or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak (and far less comfortable to wear, and it gives your son/daughter great 'goggle eyes').

Everyone's face is different so some people will find that these don't fit - I suggest that you use the above method to find a different pair that does.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (as shown in my video). There are holes in the back to drain water & let air in - handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried. It is important to encourage your child to keep them in the box (other than when drying out) to stop the lenses getting scratched.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style of goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). More importantly, they are a lot safer if your son/daughter accidentally gets knocked in the face - in that respect I think that eyecup style goggles are positively dangerous as they are roughly the same shape as the eye. If your son/daughter has eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: When new, they don't fog up for a while. My adult version took about 6 months before they started to fog up.

In my video, the backing card got in the way of putting the goggles back in the box, and opening and closing the box. If you look at my video review of the adult version of these goggles, you can see how easy it is to do those two things.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2009
Fantastic, my little boy no longer has screwed up eyes and marks on his face after his swimming lesson.

Even he rates them and he is 4!!
0Comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2010
i love these goggles, because my 4 children love wearing them - BUT I have bought 12 pairs over the last 3 years because i find that the straps break. You can tie a knot in the remaining strap for a while, but it's not ideal. That said, I wouldn't consider buying any other goggles as these are by far and away the best I have ever seen - i just wish I didn't have to buy so many of them as they are not cheap!
on 15 May 2014
Having three children aged 13 downwards, I've got through many pairs of swimming goggles over the years. Most of them have been of the "twin-lens" design, with separate lens cups for each eye, and I've bought everything from top brands to cheap throwaways.
I've never found ANY pair of twin-lens goggles, no matter how expensive, which genuinely fitted and kept out water; all of them have ended up leaking and needing to be constantly emptied out. The tighter ones, although they usually keep water out somewhat more efficiently, have also been extremely uncomfortable, leaving painful marks on my children's faces and meaning that the children couldn't wear them for more than half an hour or so in any case.
This time round, I decided to spend a couple of pounds more in order to buy these different, "full-face" mask-style goggles, and I'm really delighted with them. They fit perfectly (on all three children, aged 13, 10 and 9, thanks to being highly adjustable) and they form a genuinely water-tight barrier with only slight pressure required to create a vacuum seal, making them comfortable to wear for long periods without leaving marks on the child's face OR leaking any water.
The goggles are well-built and durable, and the large, curved lenses (no squared-off edges as with traditional goggles) provide excellent all-round visibility.
The strap is highly adjustable and strong, and doesn't slip through the side adjusters, so the goggles retain their tight fit even after being worn for an hour or even longer without being re-adjusted.
Overall, I feel really pleased to have finally found a pair of goggles that actually does keep water out without needing to be so tight as to be painful (and leaking anyway!), as is usually the case with twin-lens designs, and the extra couple of pounds spent was well worthwhile.
Definitely a well-made, top quality item, which I would recommend to anyone looking for genuinely waterproof goggles which are comfortable and which can be adjusted to fit just about any child's size without losing functionality.
As a side-note, the colour is exactly as shown - a very bright, neon pink.
on 5 September 2009
I bought these goggles for my 6 year old and my 3 year old to take on holiday as they both struggled to get on with 'normal' goggles. I was amazed at how easy the aquasphere goggles were - both kids were able to put them on by themselves after a few practise attempts and there they stayed - all holiday! In fact, my son wore them so much, he ended up having a very strange suntan on his face!!!!
Would definitely recommended and will be buying more as soon as either of the kids lose them!
on 27 July 2009
This was the third pair of Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles we have bought for our son. The first pair we bought when he was four years old. They are very comfortable, have a good field of view and are quite easy to adjust. We have had to replace them because the lens gets scratched very easily to a point when visibility becomes an issue.
on 30 March 2009
These goggles are much better than ordinary goggles. They have a bigger rim to the eye holes which mean they sit outside the rim of the eye socket rather than inside. They are much more comfortable and can be worn by adult ladies as well as children. The seal is brilliant and my daughter is now so confident under water that she has changed from someone who didn't like a splash of water on her face to someone who will volunteer to dive under the water to retrieve things from the bottom of the pool. They will change your life if you have a nervous swimmer.
0Comment34 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2009
These are by far the best kids' swim goggles around. Unlike other goggles that fit just around the eye area, these are very comfortable to wear and provide 180-degree vision. They are very easy to adjust, too. I'd definitely recommend them. They may seem expensive to buy, but the quality is excellent.