on 9 September 2010
For anyone wanting to know the size of these plates, they are 39cm - at least mine are. The only place I could find which stated the size before I bought them (despite alot of time spent trying) was another customer review on here - theirs were bigger - 43cm. As I am using these for deadlifts, this is a bit annoying as I still have to put a board under each plate to get the bar at the right height (which I believe is 22.5 cm off the ground - 20kg+ olympic plates are 45cm diameter as standard). However, the plates are good quality, not too wide (3.5cm), and I couldn't find them cheaper. Very quick delivery too, so overall I'm pleased and don't regret purchase - I just wish manufacturer's would state measurements. York are by no means alone on this, I struggled to find any standard weight plate's diameter.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2009
Fit's a standard bar. Sold one plate at a time, so buy 2 of them. I was wondering myself if this was a pair of plates. The free delivery was very useful.
on 25 July 2009
I ordered 2x 25KG plates. They met all expectations.

These are pretty cheap compared with other options on the net and the free delivery makes them a very competitive option. Another bonus of getting the 25kg plates is watching the delivery guy struggle. Very funny. :)

Highly reccomended.
on 9 December 2013
Great. They're big, they're round, they have a hole in them and they're heavy. In fact they sound a lot like me.
on 30 July 2015
I have just added a pair of the 25kg discs to my weight training equipment, and, as with the 20 and 15kg discs, they are bang on the advertised weight.

The 25kg discs are the same diameter as the 20kg discs, but thicker, with the 15kg discs being slightly smaller in diameter.

They may seem expensive, but you do get what you pay for, and will be safe in the knowledge that your barbell will be perfectly balanced when going for those personal bests.
on 19 April 2012
These are teh only discs you will find that fit a 1 inch bar that are the right height for deadlifts and since I bought them many people from the bodybuilding forum I am on have follwed suit and bought them too
on 8 November 2014
Ordered two of these 15kg discs. One has been manufactured very well. The other however, is a bit on the shoddy side, with a bit of metal sticking out of the wall of the hole. There are also random bits sticking out of the disc and grooves where there shouldn't be. The disc fits on the barbell, it's just that the quality isn't consistent between the two discs. I'd probably go for a different brand in the future as I've bought cheaper discs from other brands where the quality has been better.
on 5 October 2013
Excellent price as weights are getting more and more expensive. If you are serious about weight training then at least 2 20kg discs are required. I will be purchasing 2 more quite soon at this price. Ideal for bench pressing or cable pulls.
on 8 August 2012
I bought two 20kg plates. They're metal, round and heavy.

Pros - good paint finish, good value for money compared to others I've looked at online for about £1.5 per kg.

Con - The 20kg plates are only 35cm in diameter, smaller than the norm for 20kg olympic plates. Have needed to place a couple of thick books underneath the plates to get the bar up to the regular height for deadlifts.
on 26 September 2013
i ordered 2 x 20 kg and they are perfect. not too big like the ones you see at the gym. there more like the 15kg size plates. all in all they are just what i need. and now i can do some serious bench press workout in the comfort of my own room.