4.6 out of 5 stars3,659
Size: 200 mlChange

on 9 July 2014
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2014
This item is a fake do not buy as anything could be in it i am a big fan of bio oil and this looks nothing like the bottle i already had at home that i bouhgt from boots, but if you dont no you could be very easily fooled.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2014
This item was fake! I have been using bio-oil for tha last 5 years, and this was nothing like it. Smellt different, writing on bottle was different, and also my skin was very itchy from it!
on 8 June 2009
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)
on 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about £8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2015
I was devastated when I discovered I had stretch marks, they seemed to just appear all at once! As I am only 18 I have felt very uncomfortable since. I had red/purple stretch marks on the side and back of my hips, top and inside of the thighs that run right down to the knees, which are all pretty bad, Since this happened I have purchased many stretch mark products to quickly reduce the redness before my holidays in the summer, one including this product. I have been using this for just under three weeks now once a day.Although I found that the oil was a little greasy and took a while to absorb into my skin my results have being amazing. Already some of the marks have disappeared and the others have faded to a light pink colour. I would defiantly recommended this for somebody trying to reduce new stretch marks and is worth every penny; you get what you pay for, along with this product I have also being using palmers stretch lotion and cream.
on 26 January 2013
very good! it works! (however do not forget to rub the oil with your hands first to make the oil warm and then pat it into your skin; because if you use it directly to your skin, your skin will become very greasy and the oil will not work. )
on 14 September 2014
fake i have real bio oil and this is nothing like it !
on 20 January 2014
I have been using this for about 4 years and it has practically faded my stretch marks and scars to a point where they are no longer visible to the naked eye (unless you look really hard) Used it to treat stretch marks on my hips which I had for years which I think were just due to puberty and growth. Then after I had my 2 kids, I got some on my tummy and I am amazed to how much they have improved.

It is not a quick fix! You do need to use it constantly but you will see an improvement! For this value, its definitely worth a try. A 200ml bottle lasts me about 3 months and I usually apply it in the morning and evening along with my body moisturiser. Have also used it on my face to even out my tone as I had some hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks and yes those too have now faded. I have quite sensitive skin and this didn't irritate my skin at all.

Wonderful product.
on 20 June 2015
i believe this product is fake it is runny and not at all like the bio oil i have been using for some years very disapointed and would like a refund