4.6 out of 5 stars3,394
Size: 200 mlChange

on 9 July 2014
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.
11 comment143 of 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2015
I was devastated when I discovered I had stretch marks, they seemed to just appear all at once! As I am only 18 I have felt very uncomfortable since. I had red/purple stretch marks on the side and back of my hips, top and inside of the thighs that run right down to the knees, which are all pretty bad, Since this happened I have purchased many stretch mark products to quickly reduce the redness before my holidays in the summer, one including this product. I have been using this for just under three weeks now once a day.Although I found that the oil was a little greasy and took a while to absorb into my skin my results have being amazing. Already some of the marks have disappeared and the others have faded to a light pink colour. I would defiantly recommended this for somebody trying to reduce new stretch marks and is worth every penny; you get what you pay for, along with this product I have also being using palmers stretch lotion and cream.
on 20 January 2014
I have been using this for about 4 years and it has practically faded my stretch marks and scars to a point where they are no longer visible to the naked eye (unless you look really hard) Used it to treat stretch marks on my hips which I had for years which I think were just due to puberty and growth. Then after I had my 2 kids, I got some on my tummy and I am amazed to how much they have improved.

It is not a quick fix! You do need to use it constantly but you will see an improvement! For this value, its definitely worth a try. A 200ml bottle lasts me about 3 months and I usually apply it in the morning and evening along with my body moisturiser. Have also used it on my face to even out my tone as I had some hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks and yes those too have now faded. I have quite sensitive skin and this didn't irritate my skin at all.

Wonderful product.
on 8 June 2009
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)
0Comment74 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2010
I bought bio-oil after hearing that it can fade stretch marks and was pleasently surprised by the results. On the bottle it says 'use for a minimum of 3 months' however after a few weeks i can see a vast improvement already. it also smells great and soaks in well. Bio-oil is good value for money and definately worth a try.
on 6 December 2009
Fantastic stuff!!! My skin has finally got it's mo jo back!!! I am on really strong medication that dries out the skin and this oil does the trick of keeping it looking balanced. My scars have faded, even the wrinkles under my eyes are much better. I am really happy, even more so as I can get it on Amazon really cheap.
on 3 February 2013
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars
0Comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2016
There is no doubt that Bio Oil is a very popular product and for good reason. My wife applied it during three pregnancies and has absolutely no stretch marks whatsoever. Of course, some women do not get stretch marks so there is no conclusive proof that it was due to the Bio Oil.

Bio Oil is nice to apply. I say this because I have been applying it to my bald head for a few years and my forehead and around my eyes. It does improve skin tone and heals up cuts and scars nicely. It also works really well on dry skin. However, be wary of applying it to broken/irritated skin... it's probably not the best thing to use as a balm after shaving for instance! Do not apply it before going out in the sun either unless you want to be fried!

Having said all of that, here's the thing about Bio Oil. It is a petroleum based oil, not a natural oil - which might pose a problem for some, particularly regarding sustainability. So I am experimenting with more natural oils - mostly with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - which is plant based (I know Petroleum is strictly speaking) and certainly less greasy than Bio Oil and the coconut oil smells lovely too! I will review the coconut oil once I have tried it for a few months and can more accurately compare and contrast, but it is a cheaper alternative to Bio Oil.

I am not entirely convinced by the "breakthrough ingredient" in Bio Oil - Porcelain oil... the sceptic in me wants to question it a little and see some studies showing what it actually does and where it comes from... it's trade marked to Bio Oil so that raises some questions in my mind.

Anyway, on the whole, I do like Bio Oil and think that it does produce noticeable results when used consistently - twice a day for 3 months, but do read the ingredients list carefully and make sure you are happy putting it on your skin before you part with your money.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2015
I doubt if this is genuine .its very watery.sorry to say that this seems a fake one
on 12 January 2016
I love this product. It helps to fade stretch marks, and it smells very nice.

When I bought this last year it was £9.99 - Amazons price has gone up by £4 since I bought this. Sad times!