Price:£11.99 - £30.78

on 25 February 2011
After suffering a running injury I have recently decided to swim regularly - 1km a day 5 days a week. Like most people I was a bit reluctant to wear the brief style "speedos" as I personally find them a little obscene. So I slugged out my laps wearing baggy shorts. That was until I saw these shorts advertised. Well since purchasing these I have seen a noticeable difference to my swimming. Don't get me wrong they haven't turned me into Phelps overnight but they definitely reduce the effort of my freestyle, allowing me to concentrate on technique and speed. I am a fairly slow swimmer anyway so these are a worthwhile investment. A note on the size. I am usually 32" waist and guess what? The 32" shorts fit me perfectly! They are figure hugging yes but that is the idea. People who recommend getting 2 sizes up are in denial of their own waist size I think! Stick to your ACTUAL waist size and you won't go wrong. One last thing - shop around the websites, you will find them cheaper AND with free delivery!
on 30 December 2009
This is the second pair that I have bought, which means I like 'em!
I'm normally a size 32 and these fitted just fine. They are a little tight round the thigh, but I have runners legs so I'm not surprised!
Overall, they very good value for money and miles better than the beach-type shorts I'd been using before.
on 28 June 2011
Having been swimming in sports shorts for a couple of months and these are a revelation and I would recommend anyone making the switch. They are also more modest and less revealing if you hate the idea of traditional speedos like me!!

In terms of sizing these came up as expected - I am a 32 inch waist and order the same size. They are quite tight but this is a design feature as loose shorts allowing pooling of water which you have to drag around with you. The tighter they are the less water you drag and the less effort you need to make!

Overall a good product and I would recommend.
VINE VOICEon 6 February 2012
These are great. Buy them if you are any sort of reasonable swimmer at all. I had been swimming in a pair of baggy swimming shorts from which all the elasticity had departed, but I didn't expect the difference between them and these sleek figure hugging shorts to be so dramatic.

Without exerting myself any more than usual I was clocking in 45 seconds quicker for 10 length sets than I had been (round about 15%). I had been rather discouraged at how slow my swimming had become, but now I remember that I used to wear those skimpy speedo trunks. These are somewhat more decent, and it is good to be back in the land of the aero/aqua-dynamic.

As some of the other reviews say - measure your waist and buy according to that size. Don't buy according to your trouser size as that can vary considerably. Swallow your pride and get out the tape measure. The tape measure said 35.5 so I bought 36inch and they fit nicely.

For those who want to swim faster or further or both, these are the boys.

PS - For those who admit they need a bigger size, somehow Amazon charge less than the slimmer models!!
on 12 November 2015
I've always been a swimmer but for various reasons I haven't had the opportunity to get into the water recently for anything other than messing around with the family. With a change in circumstances I have been able to get back to using swimming as a fitness tool. I started off using my usual baggy swimming shorts and found these to be very uncomfortable. They would bunch up at the top of my leg and act like a sea anchor when ever I pushed off from the side. I therefore looked at an alternative and after careful consideration I chose these shorts.

I didn’t pick these to increase my speed but to improve my swimming comfort and they do just that. They are tight at the bottom of each leg, not too tight but enough so that they don’t ride/bunch up and therefore allow my to slide smoothly through the water. I have a 35/36” waist and often go up a size as my thighs can be a little chunky. I went for the large size and these fit great.

For those that are concerned that these may be too tight around the front and therefore revealing, don’t worry. There is extra material at the front to ensure that everything is kept to the imagination.

Overall I have been really pleased with these shorts. They are very comfortable in the water and have really helped with my swimming. Although I haven’t tested them to see if they have helped me increase my speed, I’m sure they have just with the lack of drag they provide compared to my baggy old pair, although we are probably talking only a small increase.

I would recommend these to anyone that wants to swim laps for fitness.
on 25 May 2014
I have a few pairs of Speedo Endurance trunks. They have always been really good, last for ages and very hard wearing compared to other brands. This was the first time buying a longer fit. On the whole they are great. You feel more streamlined in the water. However the stitching at the back started to wear after only two swims. I'm not sure if this is a one off fault but it's annoying and I would think twice about buying this particular product again.
on 8 April 2016
Very nice pair of trunks! The material is nice and comfortable, and they fit my size perfectly. I've been swimming in them twice now, and I feel a lot more 'streamlined' that when I was swimming with my last trunks, which have now been thrown away. This product also dries quickly, and is very chlorine resistant!
NOTE: Do not cross over thee strings when tightening the trunks. If you're wondering what I mean by this, it's like when you tie your shoe laces. Normally you make an X, or cross over the laces, then make the circles and the knot. These trunks only tighten when you pull the strings, crossing them over doesn't make them tighter, and if you do cross them you will get a small nasty knot! Instead Pull the strings and tighten the trunks, then make the circles and make a knot that way. Skip crossing the strings. This will tie up the trunks, and let you untie the trunks easily after your swim.
on 27 July 2010
these jammers are very good and so far have done an excellent job. they've retained their shape and colour. I would recommend these as they are very good value for money as well, but perhaps if they had greater choices of design it would be even better.
on 23 February 2010
These jammers do exactly what they say
they will. Comfortable and hgard wearing.
on 4 March 2014
After a couple of years pumping iron, I decided to return to the pool. Sounded good in principle only I wanted to wear mesh shorts because I'm not a serious swimmer so what difference could it make? Well after swimming a few laps I was shattered. No I'm not some unfit chain smoker, turns out those shorts were really holding me back. Anyway I decided to buy these and all I can say is WOW! I felt like aqua man lol. I'm not lying to you these things really made a noticeable difference straight away. Light and don't stray from waist. Great purchase.