on 23 December 2013
I needed a wetsuit to keep my son warm during swimming lessons as he was struggling from being too cold.
I saw previous feedback from another parent who had a 5yr old son with slim build for whom the Age 5-6 suit was too big. They'd re-ordered a Age 3-4 size which fitted perfectly. From this I was able to order the correct size (Age 3-4) as i was also going order the age 5-6 and glad I didn't.
The wetsuit was of excellent quality and fit perfectly.
on 25 May 2009
I wanted a wetsuit for my nine years old. This suit was a good price so I phoned to get the sizing guide. Although it took a few attempts to get through I realised why. The staff are really really helpful. They answered all my questions and seemed genuinely pleased to help.

My order e-mail was timed at 1901hrs and at 2141hrs that day I received the invoice to say the wetsuit had been dispatched. WOW 2hrs 40 minutes.

The wetsuit arrived two days later and my son loves it. Fitted really well and the quality, for such a price seems to be excellent.

I have no trouble in recommending the suit itself and Big Orange watersports. A clear five star service and product, (at that price).
on 31 January 2011
My 5 year old boy is of average height but very slim. I wanted a wetsuit for swimming lessons as he is getting cold. I first purchased an Osprey suit for 4-6 year olds. Great looking item but too long in the body and massive around the hips and upper thigh. (I'm keeping it though in case he grows into it.)

I ummed and ahhhed over which suit to go for next and in the end decided on this one. I measured my son up and was a bit puzzled when the measurements seemed to suggest he'd need the 2-3yr old suit. Having read some other reviews over the helpfulness of the supplier I rang them up and discovered that body length should be measured down the front not the back as I had. (Start at the adam's apple and follow the body contours down to where the crotch seam on trousers would be.) The woman also advised me that this is by far the most important measurement - don't worry about the chest size etc just get this one right.

Armed with new measurements I ordered the 3-4yr old suit, it came the next day and is a perfect fit - quite snug all round so it should trap water well for warmth. My son instantly put it on and wore it for the rest of the afternoon. He looked so sweet - sorry, cool!

I'm delighted with the fit (I had resigned myself to a slightly bagger suit as he is so slim - with a larger child the neoprene would stretch). And the service was fautless.
on 28 April 2016
Good quality! Fits quite small, so go by measurements not age. I got the 3-4 for my 2 and half year old. Not used it yet as its for our holiday but from what I can tell the quality is good, it fits nicely and I think it will keep my son nice and warm in the pool/sea.
Also, he loves it cos he thinks he is a superhero.
on 22 March 2016
Bought these for my three average height, slim/skinny children. I bought the sizes I thought correct based on the throat-crotch body measurement. The results were these...

For my 5yr 3mnth old daughter I bought the 5-6 size suit and it fitted snugly, no growing room so a perfect fit but for this summer only.

For my 8yr 5mnth old son I bought the 7-8 size suit but it was too snug so he had to move up to the 8-9 suit which is a bit of a looser fit but will therefore fit him all year as he is growing fast.

For my skinny 10yr 6mnth old daughter I bought the 8-9 suit which fitted perfectly in terms of tightness but was too short in the body and pulled uncomfortably between the legs, so I have now ordered the 10-11 suit which I imagine will be the right length but a looser fit, perhaps too loose for optimum wet suit performance, but I always find it hard to find things that fit her height/waist ratio.

The suits, once you get the right size, are very well made, very groovy and my children love them. They came quickly too. Here we come Irish sea...in early April.
on 4 December 2015
My daughter was starting 90 minute long swimming lessons and I was worried about her feeling cold in the water with a flimsy swimming costume on. This has been perfect. It has thick material to keep her warm and it is not tight so she has free movement. I will buy one for my son when he begins lessons too.
on 6 June 2008
We often travel to Gran Canaria in January/February for some winter sun but the pool is a bit cool for the children to swim in - after half an hour they are cold and have had enough. I thought this product would be ideal because under the product description it states: 'Titanium laminated lining - helps reflect body heat back giving extra warmth' - so in early May when we travelled to Spain we tested these out - I bought one for my 3 year old and one for my 6 year old - again at this time of year the pool was a little on the cool side! It didn't really help retain body heat - I think it depends on how active the child is being and how big they are - smaller bodies loose heat much more easily than bigger ones it can't be avoided!

In other circumstances/for other purposes I think these suits can be very good - but they didn't perform how I had hoped (therefore I am choosing only 3 stars). The UV protection is good - I could test these when we go to Cyprus in the Summer, however they may be a bit too thick in such a hot climate and in these circumstances a lighter weight suit would be better for general use around the pool/beach.

The suits are a very good price (surprisingly so - I have paid more for lighter weight UV swimwear). They seem to appeal to the kids especially the funky colours - think they look very 'cool' - my 9 year old niece got one too and thought it was fun!

Good value, practical - although depends a bit what use you intend them for! I'm thinking of getting an adult size one for myself for watersports - might try parascending from a boat this Summer :-)

Delivered promptly - very good service.
on 11 September 2011
Great wetsuits - the children love them and wore them every day in the Atlantic! Am going to buy one for myself next year. Ordered unisex colours so we can pass them down (they actually liked all wearing the same!)
Service from Big Orange was excellent & were very helpful on the phone.
Regarding sizes, as stated by many other reviewers, do follow the measurement table as it is helpful. My 21mth old son has the age 2-3 one (smallest you can buy) but was no problem being a bit big & now he can wear it next year too.
on 3 September 2015
This has just arrived and I'm really pleased with it. I ordered the 3-4 years. My son is 3 years and 4 months, of quite a slender build and this fits perfect. It isn't tight and has a little bit of growing room. He is if average height. It's good quality material and looks like it will keep him warm in the water.
on 7 June 2015
These come up small, so order smaller than you would clothes size. My son usually wears 9-10 clothes and yet fit in the age 6-7 wetsuit. For those that don't know, wetsuits need to be snug to work properly and this kept my son warm in our freezing British ocean.