Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 3 October 2009
Fairly bright, hard sound as is usual with plastic instruments, but responds well when warmed up and is surprisingly forgiving of less-than-perfect breath pressure, which will encourage learners. Very cheap for a Yamaha branded instrument, too. I'd happily recommend this for both children and adult beginners (the latter will note that its dark brown colour looks quite dignified!).
11 comment59 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2012
Wife is happy, says it is definitely good enough and sufficient for beginners,
even better than expected.
Happy with it.
on 16 February 2011
Excellent value for money, I'm usually not very impressed with the sound of plastic recorders but this one is excellent, sounds very warm and nice for a plastic instrument, looks lovely too. Comes with canvas bag and cleaner plus one sheet of instructions. Was delivered next day. Originally bought it for my son and he loves it, bought one for myself now too.
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2010
Pretty decent recorder, good for schools, though I bought it for myself.
My daughter received Yamaha Descant Recorder - Pink.
This one here is better one. Cleaning rod is included (unlike the other one) and the case is soft (made of a kind of linen material) allowing it to dry better.
Sound wise I think they are both very similar.
I also paid the same amount for each though I can see, the pink one is cheaper now, which is the way it should be.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2009
My grandson told me he was to learn to play a recorder and he did not like the ones at school. So, I logged onto Amazon and found just what I needed and bought him this recorder. He is now doing very well with it and is very proud of his 'own' instrument
0Comment35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2011
A large order of thirty recorders came before the expected date, well packaged and prompt. no charge for postage. Excellent service.
on 19 December 2010
For this price, the recorder looks amazing - it is indeed a posh musical instrument with lovely finish and feel. Bought it as a present and so dont know how it would play yet but I have other Yamaha music products and trust their high quality.
on 24 January 2012
The Yamaha Plastic Soprano 24b recorder is an excellent instrument.
It is strong and durable. I have a white one and for the price it is an absolute bargain.
It is not merely a childs toy, as it is in three parts it is tunable.
I have played recorders of all types and makes for decades, so much of the quality of the sound is not purely the instrument but the way it is played.

On this instrument I have played in recorder consort and duets, Mozart, Telemann, Bach, many baroque pieces etc
Do not be put off by its low price, it is not inferior in anyway- an excellent buy.
on 31 March 2010
I bought this recorder for my 7 year old's recorder lessons and she really loves it. She was very specific about not wanting a see-through one as you can see the spit inside it (yuk!).
It is very resilient as her 2 year old sister has thrown it around and it still sounds and looks fine.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2013
bought this recorder for my 5 yr old granddaughter she loves it and when she improves I m sure we will love it too but for now we have ear plugs and shes having a wonderful time many thanks