Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Price:£8.64+ Free shipping

on 3 October 2009
Fairly bright, hard sound as is usual with plastic instruments, but responds well when warmed up and is surprisingly forgiving of less-than-perfect breath pressure, which will encourage learners. Very cheap for a Yamaha branded instrument, too. I'd happily recommend this for both children and adult beginners (the latter will note that its dark brown colour looks quite dignified!).
on 23 April 2009
My grandson told me he was to learn to play a recorder and he did not like the ones at school. So, I logged onto Amazon and found just what I needed and bought him this recorder. He is now doing very well with it and is very proud of his 'own' instrument
on 19 October 2010
Pretty decent recorder, good for schools, though I bought it for myself.
My daughter received Yamaha Descant Recorder - Pink.
This one here is better one. Cleaning rod is included (unlike the other one) and the case is soft (made of a kind of linen material) allowing it to dry better.
Sound wise I think they are both very similar.
I also paid the same amount for each though I can see, the pink one is cheaper now, which is the way it should be.
on 16 February 2011
Excellent value for money, I'm usually not very impressed with the sound of plastic recorders but this one is excellent, sounds very warm and nice for a plastic instrument, looks lovely too. Comes with canvas bag and cleaner plus one sheet of instructions. Was delivered next day. Originally bought it for my son and he loves it, bought one for myself now too.
on 21 May 2012
Wife is happy, says it is definitely good enough and sufficient for beginners,
even better than expected.
Happy with it.
on 31 March 2010
I bought this recorder for my 7 year old's recorder lessons and she really loves it. She was very specific about not wanting a see-through one as you can see the spit inside it (yuk!).
It is very resilient as her 2 year old sister has thrown it around and it still sounds and looks fine.
on 12 May 2015
the recorder first looked and sounded great, but now after 4 months of playing it every day, the sound is very much out of tune no longer usable. it's just not the same as a wooden one. i've had my wooden (moeck) recorder for 35 years and although it looks a bit scuffed, it still has a perfect sound.
on 24 January 2012
The Yamaha Plastic Soprano 24b recorder is an excellent instrument.
It is strong and durable. I have a white one and for the price it is an absolute bargain.
It is not merely a childs toy, as it is in three parts it is tunable.
I have played recorders of all types and makes for decades, so much of the quality of the sound is not purely the instrument but the way it is played.

On this instrument I have played in recorder consort and duets, Mozart, Telemann, Bach, many baroque pieces etc
Do not be put off by its low price, it is not inferior in anyway- an excellent buy.
on 2 February 2016
This would have had 5*'s but there are a couple of scratches on it on arrival. Nothing worth sending it back for but should be noted.

This was a real bargain and comes complete with a case and cleaning stick.

What can I say, its a recorder and can't be blamed for the noise that comes out of it from my 7 year old. Luckily I have earplugs!

Arrived quickly and extremely well packaged. Very happy.
on 10 November 2011
A large order of thirty recorders came before the expected date, well packaged and prompt. no charge for postage. Excellent service.