4.5 out of 5 stars1,227

I used this flask for the first time yesterday and was amazed when the coffee was piping hot and steaming 6 hours after I made it - and I had added cold milk. Even when we got home 4 hours later it was drinkable. As my husband and I have different tastes his BLACK coffee was in a different flask - a 'Hi Gear' stainless steel flask with an OUTER JACKET. His coffee was only just drinkable after 6 hours. So there you go - it pays to stick to a genuine Thermos flask!
33 comments120 of 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2010
A nice looking flask.No silvery glass inside, just metal.

Lets get down to it.....test...

Saturday noon - filled with boiling water.
3 hours later - opened it, still at boiling temperature.

I then forgot about it till this morning 7.00am - 19 hours later.
Opened it - still very hot.Could only leave my finger in for a second.

Not much more I can say.Recommended.
0Comment115 of 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2010
This flask takes a whole tin of soup so excellent for lunches, it keeps the heat in so well my kids actually complained that their soup was too hot after it being in the flask for nearly 5 hours. Very neat size - absolutely great.
0Comment47 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2009
The product arrived well packaged. It's a simple flask, no fancy lid, easy to clean. Excellent at keeping temperature of the drink. Good value for money.
0Comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2010
bought this as a gift and its a perfect size for a cup of coffee to take away and keeps the coffee amazingly warm even when its opened several times! truly amazing :D
on 6 November 2015
I would completely not advise buying this to anyone. Myn currently resides in a bin at work.

I bought this expecting the good reputation of Thermos to be present here, Haha, How stupid of me.

As far as out of the box presentation goes. It looks very pretty, And i was eager to clean it up and try it out. And, Immediately, Problems occured.

1) There is a vacuum seal inbetween the bottom part and the top that you spin to provide the seal. If you wash this component (Usually with a form of washing up liquid), It will somehow get into this part, I left entire thing to soak in soapy water to clean it (as you do with any new thing you drink from right?) for about 30 minutes. before thouroughly rinsing everything with water.

I swear to god, Literally the first cup of tea i made, When i openeded it, There was about a solid inch of bubbles from washing up liquid (This is about 3 days later btw...) in my Tea. Not to mention an absolutley horrific odour coming from the flask (Kind of odd, But it actually smelt like ravioli which is weird)

2) After the above, I decided to take it home, wash it out thouroughly with just water and try again, This time i made coffee, And, This time there was a small amount of bubbles (Yes... from the washing up liquid i cleaned it with about 5 days prior and cleaned out TWICE). And, Once again, An absolutely pungent smell AND taste (It both tasted and smelt of rotten ravioli again...)

3) Last chance, Left it in water overnight, Made a cup of tea in the morning, Got to work, Opening up, No bubbles *Got exited*, And. Suddenly, An absolutely putrid scent of that smell again. Tasted the tea, And, Yep.... Still vile....

(Even when i just but juice in it or something, I still get this sickening ravioli smell / taste and i have no freaking idea why, Are there chemicals in this flask or something causing it ?)

So, I quickly binned it the flask after less then a week of owning it.

Seriously, I could not tell you how horrific this flask is, I would reccomend paying a bit more and getting an actual decent thermos flask, Perhaps they wont be as horrific as this. Personally i wont be as i just cant trust thermos anymore after this, Seriously guys, Worst flask ive ever owned.
33 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2009
I brought one of these in June last year, to take with me for Goodwood Festival of Speed/Revival Meeting.

I was making the flask up at 6am and the water was still hot at 8pm.

The flask is also very sterdy.
0Comment78 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2009
This flask is great value for money. Looks sleek and keeps hot drinks and soups at a good temperature for at least 10 hours. Nice and sturdy. The only down side is the mouth could be slightly larger for when pouring in soups, but thats just being very picky. I would recommend this highly.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2015
The item came very quickly and looked good quality. The size was just right - not too big and the brushed finish was very smart. However, the packaging was sub-standard - just the usual Amazon envelope-style box - No Bubblewrap. Hence, unfortunately it has a major dent inside it and isn't usable. Sadly I've had to return this and had to go and buy one elsewhere.
review image
on 15 June 2009
This stainless steel flask is fabulous! For years I had plastic and glass flasks - always just a bit too big and bulky, and the slightest knock and you'd hear that dreadful broken glass death rattle!

This flask is made of tougher stuff, keeps the heat perfectly, ideal for two cups of tea at work. The lid cup is a wee bit small, that's a tiny negative only...Overall, great product at a great price.

If you need a small Thermos, this one is the business!
0Comment41 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse