Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've used various serums before and found that they are mostly quite watery, lacking in moisturising agent and leave the skin with an oily appearance. This Olay serum is quite different from most others in that it is soft and velvety to apply, not at all watery, it moisturises the skin and doesn't give an oily shine afterwards. From reading the usage instructions it wasn't clear whether the serum was to be applied under a moisturiser or not (most I've tried are) and for two days I used it by itself as you would a moisturiser. It gave good skin tone and moisturised like a day cream. I then noticed `for best results' on the side of the box and it does say use under Olay Regenerist Hydrating Lotion. From my experience of using the serum alone, I would say that unless you have very dry skin give it a go on its own first - I found it perfectly sufficient in moisturising. I've also applied a tinted moisturiser and foundation over the serum and it mixes well with colour/foundation without forming little flakes or bobbles like some creams can.

As far as the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles are concerned - I've found in the past that using a product for the first time gives the skin a boost for a few days or short weeks but soon goes back to its old self eventually, even with more expensive brands (I normally use Guerlain). Olay is certainly a good value for money product as the results are good and the price is comparably low. I would certainly recommend giving it a try.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've a long love affair with Olay products which dates back to childhood when I used to steal some of my mother's 'beauty lotion'. Although I'm a fan of the cheaper ranges - i.e. the SPF beauty fluid and the Complete Care Multi-Radiance I've never ventured towards their premium range, mostly because I can't afford it, but it's good to see that Amazon are offering some good deals on Olay products.

The serum itself forms part of your twice daily beauty routine which begins with cleansing, followed by applying serum and then slapping on the Regenerist moisturizer. The product itself comes in a handy pump dispenser, although to be honest I would have preferred the pump to have a lid on it, but it doesn't really detract from the quality of the packaging. I must underline the fact that a little goes a long way, so you'll only need one pumpsworth to smooth over your skin. The liquid itself is opaque and feels light and airy to touch and as a result, soaks into the skin. There's a bit of an art to massaging it into your face, but it's worth doing because this improves blood flow to the face and tones any saggy muscles.

The most important aspect to this product is the question - 'does it work?' and because I've now been using it for three weeks I can say that it does. My skin feels firmer and softer to the touch and my husband says that 'I look well', which as most wives can confirm, is quite a complement from most men! It is in the medium to expensive price range for the majority of pockets, but a little goes a long way.
on 8 September 2008
Leaves your skin soft, smooth and looking brighter, plumped and younger. Does not feel dry, and goes on really easily and feels lovely to apply. Non-greasy after application. Brilliant stuff.
on 27 August 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
All of this anti-ageing/regenerating malarky escapes me entirely. I barely tone and moisturise, let alone using an actual *serum* but I chose this in a bid to feel like less of a tomboy. Turns out it's jolly lovely stuff! The bottle is rather small - it's only 50ml, but somehow that sounds like a lot - but you don't need to use bunches of the stuff so it still goes a long way.

It doesn't have a scent... not even one of those "I don't smell of anything except sunshine and minerals, do I? Do I?!" scents that Dove so seem to like. This, though, isn't scented and it definitely makes it feel purer... although, come to think of it, I can't help but wonder whether they actually need to add something to remove the scent of the ingredients.

It's a lovely, silky texture and it doesn't leave any sticky or waxy residue on yer moosh. Nor does it "tighten" and suffocate your skin. It's a difficult thing to describe, really, as most creams leave your face feeling a little icky so it doesn't quite compute that this one wouldn't.

After a week of using it, my skin is definitely softer, and it seems to have shrunk my pores a wee bit which was a pleasant surprise. This will be especially beneficial to ladies that live in cities or, ya know, work down the mines. It rejuvenates you after being assaulted by everyday noxious fumes and smoke... really, using this is doing your skin a solid: "So, you know how you keep my organs in n that? Aye, well, here's something to say thanks..."
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I rarely wear make-up, so this serum had a pretty hard task - it had to make me look a bit brighter all on it's own, not as a make-up base.

It did a very nice job! Just about every face cream either makes me itch or gives me spots, but this did neither. What it did do was brighten/tighten me up a bit, and leave a subtle, smooth velvety matt sheen. It also acted as a 'grime barrier' between my face and my lenghty London commute, meaning I could be a lot gentler washing my face in the evening (rather than having to almost burn the London off).

All in, a very nice product at a very nice price. I'll definately buy it again.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I tried this with a certain amount of apprehension as my skin really objected to the original version of this product, but seeing as it is now available as a fragrance free option, I thought I would try it again as I always liked the 'feel' of the serum.

This time, I am happy to report, there was no reaction at all. I don't see any major improvement in my skin but I really do like the way it feels. The serum applies easily and is quickly absorbed into my skin and there is no tight feeling or irritation.

If you don't like the original version of this product, I think this one is definitely worth a go.

Update: 12/07/2010 - I now use ONLY this moisturiser and have not had any negative reactions with sensitivity issues. Thank you Olay for bringing a fragrance free version of this moisturiser to the market.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 December 2015
This fragrance free serum is a silky, water-based serum that contains a broad complement of beneficial ingredients for all skin types. It contains 2% to 3% niacinamide, which in this amount can increase the skin's ceramide and fatty acid content as well as have anti-inflammatory action and work to effectively reduce hyperpigmentation (dark spots or age spots).

This also contains peptides that can help regenerate skin cells. Peptides are cell-communicating ingredients that can help improve skin's appearance and enhance its functioning. The silicones here give this product its elegant texture and the lightweight finish, is best for normal to oily skin if used on its own, drier skins will need to apply a moisturiser over this. With skin creams we need to keep our expectations realistic, but as serums go this is better than many four times the price or even more. This is also a well packaged product that will keep the key ingredients stable.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using this product from Olay now (Regenerist Fragrance Free Daily Regenerating Serum) for the last few days and can say that my skin feels softer and nourished.

I like the fact that it is fragrance free (must admit I didn't particularly like the smell of the older Olay's) so for me I think it is just right. When you apply it to your skin you cann't see it (no nasty greasy skin, nor heavy cream that has to have time to settle into the skin. Plus you can put your make up on straight after applying the serum, so no time spent wasted whilst you wait for it to sink in.

Just squirt a little out and massage into your skin for a non sticky/non greasy food for your skin.

On the first day I tried it out I had been in the sun a little too long, and this just felt so nice and soothing to my tired skin. No bad skin reactions, just well nourished skin.

I know that it has all the peptides and all the technical words the aminos etc, but putting aside all the dermatological terms (and boy do some of them sound impressive, if only I knew what they actually were! You hear of all these technical words/terms when advertised on tv and yes, they sound good promises to make your skin look younger/firmer etc, isn't it what most people want?. Well fancy terms put aside this serum feels like it is doing some good at nourishing my skin which is what I like about it.

I know that I will be using this now as part of my regular beauty routine.

Now when (if) the time comes that someone mistakes me for my daughter, I will be back on this review telling all on sundry.

The serum does sound a little expensive, but then again you only have to look around at other leading brands and Makeup brands (the big ones on the High street) to see that it is roughly the same price.
VINE VOICEon 4 September 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this on behalf of my partner and she has given it the thumbs up big time.

After just a week she has noticed a difference and told me her skin feels so much softer. I was away for a few days and noticed how much fresher she looked when i got back, i guess it's this product (Or maybe it was a break from me that helped. lol).

Anyway after just over a week of being used, this product will be getting a repeat order in the future.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Olay's DAILY REGENERATING SERUM is a miracle worker. I started to see visible results after one week; my skin was radiant and the expression lines on my forehead started shrinking. The serum also helps to moisturize my skin.

I've not suffered from any breakouts, itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin; something which 90% of creams, serums and other skin treatments I've tried do (I've tried many different brands from all price ranges).

I'll update this review after a month or so in order to fully describe the benefits; I was just so pleased by the results I had to post something now. .

See one answered question