VINE VOICEon 23 February 2010
Duplo is expensive, but you can build a lot of stuff with 80 bricks. Our son is still too young to play with it on his own much, but really enjoys it when you sit down with him and play with the bricks. We brought one of the duplo baseplates as it makes it's easier to build things directly onto it.

It's a shame it doesn't come in a nicer storage box, although the cardboard box is re-sealable after play. It's not going to last long though, so you're better off buying an plastic container to keep it all in.
on 5 January 2015
A great set with some good colours. Worth noting that of the 80 pieces included almost all are either two or four studs long; the lack of many longer pieces makes it harder to build some things. I'd recommend a baseplate (ludicrously expensive though they are) to make the best use of them.
on 23 March 2013
Bought this set to add on to a previous one bought at christmas time for my 2 year old grandaughter. It turn out her 4 year old sister also loves playing with it hence the purchase of another set. Excellent for fine motor skills.
on 21 February 2011
My little one got the Duplo farm set for christmas which whilst being fab is a bit light on plain bricks so we got this to top it up. She was also given some very similar looking bricks by another brand, but don't be fooled they might look the same but they are nowhere near the quality of Duplo. Duplo is a big hit in our house and we will be buying more!
on 19 October 2014
You cant go wrong with Lego! Good construction, vivid colours, versatile. never out of fashion, great for children's co-ordination. no wonder its the worlds best selling toy. Not cheap but as it lasts a lifetime good value
on 25 July 2012
I remember enjoying hours of fun building with my DUPLO bricks as a child, and thought it the perfect starter pack/present for my young cousin. As far as I'm aware, he is enjoying DUPLO as much as I did - just need to find a DUPLO base plate!
on 5 April 2014
Bought for my youngest nephew because I didn't want him to feel left out since I had already bought his older siblings the basic lego bricks. Delivered promptly and left as instructed in my safe place. Here's to hours and hours of creative play! Yay
on 20 September 2015
The Duplo sets come with a very limited supply of bricks and, in our experience, the shapes and faces didn't really interest our little girl. She just wanted to build different bricks together, so this set of basic bricks has brought her Duplo to life. We bought a plastic crate to put all of her Duple bricks in and its opened every day. My advice would be to leave the fancy sets alone until they are a little older when they can start imaginative play with the faces/animals etc.
on 18 June 2013
Lego; what can't it do?
Always been a fan of the regular lego but buy Duplo for my three year old.
The basic bricks were a nice compliment to the themed duplo set's I've purchased and helps when we want to build big!
As with all Duplo, not cheap but a must have if you want to bulk up any existing lego rather than play it on it's own (might be a tad boring).
Oh and big enough to see (haven't stepped on any yet!).
on 30 October 2015
Christmas present for 2 year old gransdon so have not opened. However have bought before for older grandson so know they are an excellent buy. Other duplo sets have many pieces that restrict building large towers, houses etc. These make a welcome addition to these sets widening their playability.