on 28 September 2008
I have got 2 of these for my 2year old, one at grandma's and one at mine.

Such a good idea. No other mess. The pens fill with water. My daughter first got hers aged 1... and no, that wasn't too early! She has loved it ever since.

They aren't perfect,but what is? the mats are susceptible to dirt, as are the pens. I read a couple of review from mums who didn't like them as their children threw juice over them or got the pens dirty, but seriously, keep other liquids away from your children whilst they are being played with, and the pens away when they aren't being used, and whats the problem?

These are with no doubt one of the best toys my daughter has ever had and I already have one in my basket as a Christmas present for another child.

oh... and because they fold up, they are great to take away with you too, great for trains, they cover the whole table! You can even get a travel one which is good for cars.
33 comments135 of 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2008
I have three daughters aged 10, 8 and 15 months and they all love this product it's the best christmas present I bought last year and the price was great too, it's good clean fun and the mat is durable it just washes and it looks brand new.
11 comment48 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2009
Bought this product for my nephew and he's having great fun with it, as are his 7 year old brother and 5 year old sister. As it is a arty toy but creates no mess their Mum's very happy too!
on 31 December 2007
What an excellent invention...... This is fantastic.
No mess, and keeps the kids happy for hours. What more could you ask?
This is more fun than the original aquadraw too, as it has the stampers and the 'paintbrush' type thing too - plus, it's a pretty rainbow colour.
The mat doesnt last excellently well, and the nib of the pens goes a bit manky after a while but for the amount of use ours gets it was well worth the price.
11 comment51 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2012
This Aquadoodle is good fun and mess-free as promised, but the colours that come through on the mat are not at all like they are epicted on the box. There is just one rainbow of colours for the whole mat, which gives thick bands of colour not the detailed small amounts of colour as the box seems to depict. I don't think toddlers will notice or care about this difference but as a parent I was a little disappointed.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2009
My brother bought this aqua draw mat for my son's 2nd birthday, that was at the beginning of May and he hasn't left it alone since. Good honest clean fun! Ideal to kick start their creative imaginations! Brillant present/toy! And fabulous for a rainy day!
on 11 June 2014
I bought two of these for Christmas for my daughters 5 and 2 to keep them entertained during the holidays and to stop them from doodling on my walls! They enjoyed it for about 10 minutes and then got incredibly bored. The issues are that once the play mats are wet, you have to wait for them to dry before you can use it again. In theory its a great product but I have to be honest, they haven't use the mat and the accessories since Christmas. It's a shame as I hoped it would entertain the kids!
on 26 January 2008
we have found this item very useful for our 14 month old daughter, but we only bought it at Xmas and already the colours arent as strong as they used to be, it has now become very patchy, and I am not very pleased.
Will be looking to seek a replacement.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2009
I bought this Aquadraw for my two year old neice. She and her older brother had previously had the smaller aquadraw colouring pads. It is a bit tricky to keep filling up the pens with water, but this is a very good present and allows hours of colouring and drawing activity. The only reason I have put three stars on the durable rating is because if children draw on these with other pens like felt tips or wax crayons, you can't get the marks off, and for young children it is hard for them to remember only to use the water pens.
on 29 August 2012
We bought the Thomas Aquadraw a while ago for our son, and it was a big success.

We've now bought this Rainbow one, but we were disappointed when we received it. We thought we had ordered this item "Tomy 6189 Rainbow Aquadoodle AquaDraw" which we saw during our son's Occupational Therapist appointment, and has a mat a similar size to the Thomas one (ie pretty big). Unfortunately as there appears to be 2 Rainbow Aquadoodles that are very similarly described, the one we received was smaller, and more than a little disappointing.

Our advice is to place your order crefully, and make sure you're ordering what you want!
11 comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse