on 15 May 2010
I purchased this item for the first time a few months ago and admit that I went on the YSL website in order to find out how to pronounce the name of it correctly! I'm glad that I did take a look at the website as it has a very informative video on how to get the best from this product. I have deep set eyes and, at 46, deeper nose to mouth lines than I would like! The video showed me how to use Touche Eclat to lighten those areas which does make quite a difference to my appearance. I have medium toned skin and find that No.2 shade works best for me.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2013
I bought this product thinking it was a great buy, as it was several pounds cheaper than what you would purchase it for on the high street.
Having used this product for many many years you kind of know whether its the real deal... Well... unfortunately this product is fake. I only had to compare it to the original and there's no comparison.
I have now taken this product to an authentic seller who has advised me that it is indeed fake from what they have found and have kindly offered to send it to YSL head office, to investigate this futher and will be contacting me with the results.
A complete and utter scam.
44 comments248 of 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 September 2014
I have noticed many reviewers questioning the authenticity of this product, however I purchased one from Amazon (not a marketplace seller) in January of this year and it was exactly the same as my one from Boots which was running out. I am not sure if since then there have been supply problems but my product from Amazon worked perfectly and is genuine (I could directly compare you see).

Hopefully Amazon will sort out any supply problems.

As for Touche Eclat itself it is an amazing product which is a staple in my makeup bag! I use this around and under my eyes and beneath my bottom lip; it blends in well and lifts the shadows from my face. It has a lovely creamy texture and lasts for ages.

I have used this for years, nothing else compares in my opinion.
0Comment36 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
I've been using this for years but this is the first time I've bought it from Amazon and the first time it doesn't work. After 1 day nothing comes out despite pressing the button at the tip multiple times.
Either YSL is now using a more inferior quality producer or Amazon is using a dodgy supplier.

Will be buying the old fashioned way from now on. In a shop. Direct from a YSL counter.

Avoid.
0Comment67 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2013
I've used this product for many years and this is the first time I've bought it on Amazon. I'm pretty sure that it's a fake as the consistency and colour are nothing like they should be. I've thrown it away as I'm pregnant and don't want to put random things on my skin. What a waste of money!
0Comment66 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2012
Have been using Touché Éclat for years, so know it very well. I bought one for me and one for my daughter and we both suspect that these are not the genuine product. There are slight differences in the packaging and the wand itself. The texture of the product is greasier and it does not come out onto the brush as normal. We feel that the price of £16 may have been "too good to be true"!
33 comments53 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2014
Arrived quickly which is always great & with a little lip balm as an extra, that was a lovely gesture-will be ordering again & again & again
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 August 2015
Like so many others have found this is either a fake Yves Saint Laurent product or a completely unreliable batch.

It was bought as a gift.

If there's anything more embarrassing than a gift that doesn't work..... its a so called "designer gift" that doesn't work.

I'm totally amazed that with so many customers raising concerns on here that this continues to be sold.

If you are going to buy this then you really are having a gamble on this item.
on 16 July 2009
Great price for what is one of the make-up industries most highly regarded products. I have tried other brands but always come back to YSL Touche Eclat. Definitely the BEST out there!
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2014
I have been using this product for 7 years ! and it's definitely a fake, I bought the real Touche Eclat from the shop to compare it and yes the consistency is completely different, the colour to .