on 14 March 2011
I ordered this last week and I was reallyhappy as it came before the delivery estimate. I ordered it then looked at the reviews and thought it didn't sound very good. People had said it was fiddley and hard to use and that it didn't last long and the foil didn't stick on well. I used it yesterday and it wasn't difficult at all to use it was really quite simple. It did take a while as you had to do each nails seperate. The foil didn't always stick but thats becuase the glue wasnt dry enough. I think people say it isn't easy to use and it doesn't work well but I think thats due to the user not the product! I LOVE IT!!!
11 comment50 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2010
Have had the Rio Nail Foils for 2 week now and I Love em :)
Nail's last's me a week! always remember 2 seal the nail well, with 2 coats of clear polish all over.
Its child's play.
Rio Nail Art Foils Gift Set
11 comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2011
the instructions in the box say leave the glue to dry for 8-10 minutes but i found the time needed to be a little less. the finished results are good, but not quite as polished as salon foils.
on 20 January 2011
I bought this as a xmas present for my wife and she said it was brilliant. It omes with a DVD. She loves the choice, is saving a fortune by not giving £40 to someone else to do them. She has had lots of positive comments from other people when used. This set gives hundreds of uses. She said its not that quick but no slower than going to the salon (but much cheaper).
on 25 August 2011
Exactly what it says on the packet very good product - nice packaging.
Was slightly dissapointed with selection of foils, but you can make a miracle with them.
on 28 March 2011
Nail foiling was new to me,after reading the reviews I was not too sure about the purchase of this product,I did and very pleased with the results.With a little practise and follow the user guide and do not rush the job...Jackie
on 19 June 2011
Rio nail kit was good but only for maybe one or two days. So just for that special night. PRODUCT VERY EASY TO USE
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2011
Great fun and easy to do but the effects didn't last long. I even tried an upgrade of topcoat to see if that helps but no change in wear-time. If you want something dramatic and are prepared to be changing it after a day or two then this is a fab purchase, I have loved experimenting with different colours underneath and how they change the look of the foils.
on 27 September 2012
I bought this product last month and thought I would try it out for a while before writing a review.

Firstly the delivery was quick - ordered on Monday evening and it turned up Wednesday evening via a delivery courier.

The longer your nails, the better result but saying that, my nails are fairly short and the foils look okay. For me, the foils themselves didn't last too long under normal conditions. They are perfect for an evening or a day out though. I found that after a while (about 6-8hrs) the adhesive seemed to leach through the foil making the surface rather sticky. Having a shower makes this even worse.

I started on the patterned foils but after trying the plain I found them much easier (especially reapplying if the first go is patchy). My advice is start on the plain ones until you are practiced. I didn't find too much trouble with sticking of the foils. The 'varnish' coat did react with the gold foil (lifting some of the colour off) despite what the leaflet says about only using the varnish coat supplied to avoid this.

Certainly worth the patience to sit and get it right - a lot of effort for a fairly short wear time but very satisfying. Looking forward to playing about with the kit more!
on 4 July 2011
I've only tried these nail foils once, on a friend, but I really thought the result was great. I'd read that some people had problem with making the foils stick, but I really think it's just a matter of letting the adhesive dry just enough, not too much and not too little. If it didn't stick I just put on some new adhesive and tried again, and it worked. I don't know how long it actually stuck on the nail though, since I haven't talked to my friend in a couple of weeks, but I think that it'll stay on just fine if you brush some top coat on every now and then..

Anyway, great product, I love it.
review image