Price:£124.95+ Free shipping

on 19 February 2012
Purchased this player after reading various reviews, 95% of which were positive. I needed a player that would also run some 'difficult' discs that I had (they would not run on any other machine or computer I tried, due to poor quality copying). The Teac P1260 ran them perfectly. Overall, the operation is good and the sound quality excellent, for what is a unit from the lower end of the gendre. Well pleased.
on 13 September 2012
I bought this Teac CD-1260 CD player to replace a player I purchased back in the day when CDs first came out. This is a much better player than my old one and plays damaged CDs that my old one would not. Also the sound quality is better, They've learned a thing or two about making CD players in the last 20 odd years. The features are basic but fine for a player of this price, it also comes with a handy remote. I'm enjoying my old CDs more because they sound so much better on this machine. There is no need to spend a fortune to get a good sound, this one'll do it.

It was dispatched promptly too, it arrived a day or two after placing my order. Can't fault the service or product.
on 11 December 2012
Bought this from didielectronics on sunday night arrived 5pm tuesday to the wilds of scotland, well done! The cd player itself is very good indeed considering how much i paid. It was described as refurbished but to me it seemed brand new with not a blemish and packed in its own box with cellaphane intact!
Wasn't expecting too much from this player, hoping it was better than the bd player i was using for cd duties.Well all i can say is i was blown away by the quality, the soundstage is way wide the bass is deep but controlled and the treble smooth and detailed! I can't keep the grin off my face as i play disc after disc it's just so much better than what i was used to and at such a reasonable price too!
CD as a media is probably on it's last legs but i'm more than happy with players like this when the quality is so good they really have sussed how to get the most from the format.
Please note that this model doesn't have an optical or coaxial digital output for those wanting to connect to dac's or digital recorders.
on 6 May 2012
I bought this as a replacement for a first generation CD player, (a British make), which although working perfectly, was twenty years old.
This TEAC is a bit of a revelation about just how far electronics have come in that time.
There is far greater clarity and I hear instruments I never knew were there. I also get a much wider stereo separation.
All in all, I am very pleased with my CD player.
Excellent service from Amazon.
44 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2010
My CD Payer was over 10 years old and i needed a replacement. I did a lot of research to decide what i wanted. Having looked at what was on the market i setteled for this. The most attractive feature is the capability to play MP3s. Shame it does not have CD text facilities however it is still a good product and i'll recommend it giving the price tag.
on 31 July 2008
I purchaed this item from popcorn. The illustration is of the older model. The one I got was the latest model and does all I expect. It is great on homemade discs and on MP3 formated discs. It has played the difficult discs other CD players can't read.
on 16 December 2012
My old CD player packed in. I used to think that it gave good play back, but the TEAC beats it. Good sound quality - my music has been given a new life. I hear instruments that I never knew were there. Very good value and I highly recommend it
on 11 December 2013
the unit works well when i can get it to switch on have to unplug from the mains and then plug it in again to get the unit to work sometimes if i could get a unit that switches on all the time i would have rated it higher.
on 8 August 2015
I would call the sound quality unexciting, but more disappointing is the player's unreliability. The one I bought stopped reading discs after a few months. It was replaced under warranty and the second player similarly broke down in a matter of months. The supplier repaired it and returned it to me. It was no longer able to play CD-RW discs, but I persevered with it. Lo and behold, after a few months it stopped reading any discs.

I can't be bothered to pursue the matter any further with the seller. I'm taking the machine to the dump and buying another make. Be warned!
on 24 January 2014
This a good CD player at a low price, and it does most things one would expect, but it does have a design flaw which might be serious, depending on the type of music you listen to.

If you have live albums, where one track seemlessly merges into the next, you will get a short pause between tracks. It is very short, but irritating.

There appears to be no way round this, seems to be a design feature.

Other than that, pretty good - depends if that matters to you.